Delpit's Hit on Ruggs: How Was This Not Targeting?? - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    BamaNation Second Team

Re: Delpit's Hit on Ruggs: How Was This Not Targeting??

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    It was targeting. He should have been ejected. I don't care either way, so long as Ruggs is ok.

But, consider this. LSU's OL held all night long, their DBs held and interfered all night long, and their DL lined up offsides almost every play.

And we still stomped a mudhole in them and walked it dry. Nearly 600 total yards of offense, and they didn't hit 200!

I believe Buggs and Davis are still being held down there now.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    There was no "passer." The play had been blown dead seconds before. It was a dead ball personal foul under the rules...
    I agree but my point was there is no rule restricting a player from hitting the QB below the waist while there is something about hitting below the knees. The only thing I could figure was Snuffy was confusing this with the rule about forcibly hitting an offensive player that is in passing posture below the knees.

There may have been a foul for leading with the helmet and maybe a foul for hitting after the whistle but there was not a foul for hitting below the waist.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by day-day View Post
    I agree but my point was there is no rule restricting a player from hitting the QB below the waist while there is something about hitting below the knees. The only thing I could figure was Snuffy was confusing this with the rule about forcibly hitting an offensive player that is in passing posture below the knees.

There may have been a foul for leading with the helmet and maybe a foul for hitting after the whistle but there was not a foul for hitting below the waist.
    Well I heard their explanation but if anybody on the field knew the whistle had blown it would have been the Refs. Yet here came the DB at warp speed.But your point is about where the hit was placed. Would have been interesting had M. Wilson (Because Carville used his number and name)made that same hit on Burrow. I promise you that there would have been an entirely different explanation and action taken. Not whining. Just saying that those Refs feared the frenzy that Carville started. I agree with what you say, and Tide-HSV is completely correct. Haven't heard an explanation from anyone anywhere who is in officiating as to why that game was handled in that manner. Talk about a destructive practice to manage College Football? If that continues due to fan intimidation..we might be watching who knows what in the future.