Pick the score: Alabama vs. Mississippi State

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
These five computers (Atomic, Massey, Pigskin, Pirate and Sagaran) average the point spread at 22. Our Scoring Margin against State is 20. So I say

Bama 35, Miss St 15.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I am not being cute here because I would really like to know this. Does the SEC give officials an eye test each year before the season starts, or do they just assume they have good vision? I wonder about this from time to time. I guess I could ask the SEC office if they take emails.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I know we have some guys nicked up here and there but I just don't see MSU playing us tougher that L8U.

Fitzgerald has been a train wreck at QB this year....we will shut their offense completely down.

Alabama 48
MSU 6

bamaltc

Scout Team
Dec 8, 2010
Florence, AL
52-9, 51-9, 50-9 or 49-9 (depending on how many extra points we make). Our offense scores 4 TDs and 1 Field goal, our defense has 2 "NOTs"

*Last week I had us at 31 (4 TDs and a field goal), but didn't account for extra points!

Last edited:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I can't see them scoring more than 14, and even those would come on busted plays. In other words, I don't see them putting together any drives on our defense.

I do respect their defense, and expect them to probably be a tougher challenge than LSU was. In the end, however, keep Tua upright and they aren't going to keep us from scoring. I do expect us to take a bit longer than usual to get going. Maybe we don't score 50 this week. But in the end, we will finish them off as expected.

37-10. (Yes, I am predicting a missed XP, but one successful FG, and 5 TDs).
I looked up Miss State's defense stats for the SEC:

Scoring D- 1st
Rush- 3rd
Pass - 1st
Total- 1st
3rd downs- 2nd
Sacks- 3rd
TFL- 4th

This looks better than LSU's defense. I predicted 38-17 a few days ago (I think that is what I predicted). Our offensive line must protect Tua. Not sure Jalen is ready. Mac playing most of game would make me nervous. I hope Devonte, Ruggs, and Najee are ready, but I doubt Najee will be. I know our defense will be ready.. just hope nobody gets hurt in this game.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I looked up Miss State's defense stats for the SEC:

Scoring D- 1st
Rush- 3rd
Pass - 1st
Total- 1st
3rd downs- 2nd
Sacks- 3rd
TFL- 4th

This looks better than LSU's defense. I predicted 38-17 a few days ago (I think that is what I predicted). Our offensive line must protect Tua. Not sure Jalen is ready. Mac playing most of game would make me nervous. I hope Devonte, Ruggs, and Najee are ready, but I doubt Najee will be. I know our defense will be ready.. just hope nobody gets hurt in this game.
I posted earlier - those pass D numbers are misleading. They have played three of the four worst passing offenses in the SEC (and, yeah, the level of competition does matter). They are the other member of that foursome.
So let me ask a question: do you think A&M has a very good passing offense? They are ranked FOURTH in the SEC.
Tua should have much better numbers than he had against LSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
I think we try to get the TKO early so we can cruise the rest of the game. I think we come out chunking the rock down the field.

This is exactly the strategy that I hope we see. Big lead in the first and then protect the QB by eating clock methodically with run game. I don't see them scoring much.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.