LSU DE: "We were the Better Team Tonight"! - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 66 to 78 of 122
  1. #66
    BamaNation All-SEC PA Tide Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Lancaster, PA
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: LSU DE: "We were the Better Team Tonight"!

    If we apply his logic to any game I suppose the losing team is always better than the winning team if they take away all the points that the winning team scores.
    Last edited by PA Tide Fan; November 5th, 2018 at 12:21 PM.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #67
    BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    17,391

    Re: LSU DE: "We were the Better Team Tonight"!

    Quote Originally Posted by PA Tide Fan View Post
    If we apply his logic to any game I suppose the losing team is always better than the winning team if they take away all the points that the winning team scores.
    If they took away all Alabama's scoring, we'd still be only tied.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

  4. #68
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    60,208

    Re: LSU DE: "We were the Better Team Tonight"!

    Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    If they took away all Alabama's scoring, we'd still be only tied.
    My first thought also. He seems to be under the impression that 0-0 ties are still allowed...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

  5. #69
    BamaNation All-SEC PA Tide Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Lancaster, PA
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: LSU DE: "We were the Better Team Tonight"!

    Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post
    If they took away all Alabama's scoring, we'd still be only tied.
    That's true. I should have stated that the losing team is always better assuming the losing team scores any points. For example, using the LSU players logic Louisville is better than Clemson if you take away the 77 points that Clemson scored.

  6. #70
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Spring Hill, Tn
    Posts
    599

    Re: LSU DE: "We were the Better Team Tonight"!

    Quote Originally Posted by PA Tide Fan View Post
    That's true. I should have stated that the losing team is always better assuming the losing team scores any points. For example, using the LSU players logic Louisville is better than Clemson if you take away the 77 points that Clemson scored.
    Dumb comments for anyone who just got schooled but he has most likely since sat and listened to O's assessments on what really happened and how many NEW players they need next year. Be interesting to hear what he might say 2 days later.

  7. #71
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,240

    Re: LSU DE: "We were the Better Team Tonight"!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenntiderman View Post
    Dumb comments for anyone who just got schooled but he has most likely since sat and listened to O's assessments on what really happened and how many NEW players they need next year. Be interesting to hear what he might say 2 days later.
    Did anyone think it was weird for Coach O to make this a part of his post-game speech Saturday? I know why he did ... just seemed weird for him to do so after this game.

  8. #72
    FB Moderator Bamabuzzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Posts
    23,541

    Re: LSU DE: "We were the Better Team Tonight"!

    Quote Originally Posted by BAMAVILLE View Post
    Did anyone think it was weird for Coach O to make this a part of his post-game speech Saturday? I know why he did ... just seemed weird for him to do so after this game.
    I'm not sure how much that can fly because even though they had a recruiting class outside the top 10 in 2018 (#14 according to Rivals) the five years before that they had top 10 classes with several of those top tens also being in the top five. The recruiting rankings say the talent is there.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

    "It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

    "If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

  9. #73
    REC | FB | BB Moderator RTR91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Prattville
    Posts
    36,186

    Re: LSU DE: "We were the Better Team Tonight"!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I'm not sure how much that can fly because even though they had a recruiting class outside the top 10 in 2018 (#14 according to Rivals) the five years before that they had top 10 classes with several of those top tens also being in the top five. The recruiting rankings say the talent is there.
    It was stupid to say because he was the recruiting coordinator for at least Less last year. Plus, hes been the HC for the last three classes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

    "We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

  10. #74
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    cullman, al, usa
    Posts
    5,234

    Re: LSU DE: "We were the Better Team Tonight"!

    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    It was stupid to say because he was the recruiting coordinator for at least Les’s last year. Plus, he’s been the HC for the last three classes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think someone said that LSU hosted about 75 recruits Saturday. He probably went to all of them and said, "Hey, I was talking about needing you here in Baton Rouge so we can whip Alabama and win titles." Well, who am I kidding? He probably said, "Yaw, yaw yaw ya yawww un yaw yaww yaw!" Then the recruits were left to figure it out.

  11. #75
    BamaNation All-SEC PA Tide Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Lancaster, PA
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: LSU DE: "We were the Better Team Tonight"!

    Orgeron finally said today that his guys could have been coached better. It seems whenever Bama loses a game Saban accepts responsibility immediately, but it took Orgeron until Monday to accept some blame.

  12. #76
    FB Moderator Bamabuzzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Posts
    23,541

    Re: LSU DE: "We were the Better Team Tonight"!

    Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    It was stupid to say because he was the recruiting coordinator for at least Les’s last year. Plus, he’s been the HC for the last three classes.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To our benefit LSU's last two HC's have had something against an aggressive offensive philosophy and it has definitely impacted the quality of QB recruits and the development thereof. Until they realize that the modern day game of football revolves around good quarterback play. They will continue to struggle on that side of the ball.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

    "It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

    "If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

  13. #77
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arab, AL
    Posts
    16,364

    Re: LSU DE: "We were the Better Team Tonight"!

    They don't have the talent on the LOS they used to have, especially the DL. I'm not sure they were ever great on the OL. Good, but not great. But I remember guys like Glenn Dorsey and Chad Lavalais. They don't have guys like that anymore. Either they aren't getting them, or they aren't developing them.

    And they haven't had a legit QB since probably JaMarcus Russell. Maybe Mettenberger. I know Russell never panned out in the league but he was great at LSU.

    They've got to get better along the LOS but they are not beating Alabama under Nick Saban again until they get an elite QB. But it seems to me they are down across the board from a few years go everywhere except DB. I may be looking through crimson glasses, but I think the only thing that kept us from scoring 40+ on them was the allowed defensive holding.

  14. #78
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,240

    Re: LSU DE: "We were the Better Team Tonight"!

    Quote Originally Posted by teamplayer View Post
    I think someone said that LSU hosted about 75 recruits Saturday. He probably went to all of them and said, "Hey, I was talking about needing you here in Baton Rouge so we can whip Alabama and win titles." Well, who am I kidding? He probably said, "Yaw, yaw yaw ya yawww un yaw yaww yaw!" Then the recruits were left to figure it out.
    Yeah kinda figured something among those lines lol


    Seriously though, I'm sure they hyped the program up to all the visiting recruits all the way up to the start of the game to say how great of a program they are and x,y,z only to have all of what they said dismantled and debunked on the field. Talent is not their problem ... schemes and coaching is ... and for whatever reason they keep falling into the same pit with have a lack of an offensive direction and the program keeps suffering for it. Not that I'm mad about it lol ... just saying what it is.

    They are at least 3 or 4 seasons behind now because of a lack of a true dedication to retooling their offense. It's kind of hard for any recruit to believe they will right the ship when it comes to their offense any time soon.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 

TideFansStore.com: Get YOUR gear!