LSU DE: "We were the Better Team Tonight"!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This is a player who was so bought into the idea that LSU was better than Alabama and was going to win the game that he simply cannot grasp the reality of the situation. He went full corndog. You should never go full corndog.

bamaltc

Scout Team
Dec 8, 2010
Florence, AL
Here's what it might be:
He might be repeating what O told them in the locker room. This statement sounds exactly like something coach O would say, and especially what he might say to his team in the locker room after getting stomped. He may be repeating what he heard.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
That’s Tua’s friend from Hawaii. They were talking after the game. He must not have seen the game film yet. I guess the five plays he wants to remove are the five plays where Bama scored. Whatever.:rolleyes:

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Here's what it might be:
He might be repeating what O told them in the locker room. This statement sounds exactly like something coach O would say, and especially what he might say to his team in the locker room after getting stomped. He may be repeating what he heard.
You might be on to something there. It's the kind of stuff you hear from someone who's been boatraced (again) and needs succor, even if it's self-generated. :rolleye2:

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
LSU DE: "We were the Better Team Tonight"!

His own coach said they need to recruit better players, right? Or did I miss something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Here's what it might be:
Maybe, but does anyone, for one iota of a moment, see CNS or anyone even remotely associated with the program saying anything approaching this if we`d just been handed our collective rear ends in a 29-0 beat down?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: LSU DE: "We were the Better Team Tonight"!

Here's what it might be:
Good theory except Coach O goes into meet with the press and says the exact opposite. He's got less sense than we think if he thinks he can tell the players one thing and the press something else a few minutes later and somebody doesn't catch on.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I have not checked his jersey number, but it looks like Tua's childhood friend who is saying this (from the football camp pic they showed on TV during the game). I read an article on al.com today saying this guy also told Tua that LSU was going to flip Tua's brother. I imagine he said it jokingly.

Not sure what this guy is thinking to say LSU is the better team. Even Coach O said Bama was better.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
My immediate reaction to this was "Clearly."

Then The Princess Bride came to mind.
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.