LSU DE: "We were the Better Team Tonight"!

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
What was the TENN line a while back Winners at LIFE. How are you the better team and still lose, please explain that. Better means BETTER not worse. The better team won. This kids reality check just bounced.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
He also told Tua, on the field after the game, that Taulia was going to LSU instead of Alabama. Living in a dream world.

RTR_UA#1

All-SEC
Jun 16, 2008
Meridian, MS
Sure is a good thing their defensive superman came in for the second half all fresh and ready to create havoc on the field.
We might have scored 40 in the second half if it weren't for him.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
If we apply his logic to any game I suppose the losing team is always better than the winning team if they take away all the points that the winning team scores.

Last edited:

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
If they took away all Alabama's scoring, we'd still be only tied.
That's true. I should have stated that the losing team is always better assuming the losing team scores any points. For example, using the LSU players logic Louisville is better than Clemson if you take away the 77 points that Clemson scored.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
That's true. I should have stated that the losing team is always better assuming the losing team scores any points. For example, using the LSU players logic Louisville is better than Clemson if you take away the 77 points that Clemson scored.
Dumb comments for anyone who just got schooled but he has most likely since sat and listened to O's assessments on what really happened and how many NEW players they need next year. Be interesting to hear what he might say 2 days later.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Dumb comments for anyone who just got schooled but he has most likely since sat and listened to O's assessments on what really happened and how many NEW players they need next year. Be interesting to hear what he might say 2 days later.
Did anyone think it was weird for Coach O to make this a part of his post-game speech Saturday? I know why he did ... just seemed weird for him to do so after this game.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Did anyone think it was weird for Coach O to make this a part of his post-game speech Saturday? I know why he did ... just seemed weird for him to do so after this game.
I'm not sure how much that can fly because even though they had a recruiting class outside the top 10 in 2018 (#14 according to Rivals) the five years before that they had top 10 classes with several of those top tens also being in the top five. The recruiting rankings say the talent is there.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm not sure how much that can fly because even though they had a recruiting class outside the top 10 in 2018 (#14 according to Rivals) the five years before that they had top 10 classes with several of those top tens also being in the top five. The recruiting rankings say the talent is there.
It was stupid to say because he was the recruiting coordinator for at least Les’s last year. Plus, he’s been the HC for the last three classes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
It was stupid to say because he was the recruiting coordinator for at least Les’s last year. Plus, he’s been the HC for the last three classes.

I think someone said that LSU hosted about 75 recruits Saturday. He probably went to all of them and said, "Hey, I was talking about needing you here in Baton Rouge so we can whip Alabama and win titles." Well, who am I kidding? He probably said, "Yaw, yaw yaw ya yawww un yaw yaww yaw!" :biggrin: Then the recruits were left to figure it out. :confused:

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Orgeron finally said today that his guys could have been coached better. It seems whenever Bama loses a game Saban accepts responsibility immediately, but it took Orgeron until Monday to accept some blame.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

To our benefit LSU's last two HC's have had something against an aggressive offensive philosophy and it has definitely impacted the quality of QB recruits and the development thereof. Until they realize that the modern day game of football revolves around good quarterback play. They will continue to struggle on that side of the ball.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
They don't have the talent on the LOS they used to have, especially the DL. I'm not sure they were ever great on the OL. Good, but not great. But I remember guys like Glenn Dorsey and Chad Lavalais. They don't have guys like that anymore. Either they aren't getting them, or they aren't developing them.

And they haven't had a legit QB since probably JaMarcus Russell. Maybe Mettenberger. I know Russell never panned out in the league but he was great at LSU.

They've got to get better along the LOS but they are not beating Alabama under Nick Saban again until they get an elite QB. But it seems to me they are down across the board from a few years go everywhere except DB. I may be looking through crimson glasses, but I think the only thing that kept us from scoring 40+ on them was the allowed defensive holding.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I think someone said that LSU hosted about 75 recruits Saturday. He probably went to all of them and said, "Hey, I was talking about needing you here in Baton Rouge so we can whip Alabama and win titles." Well, who am I kidding? He probably said, "Yaw, yaw yaw ya yawww un yaw yaww yaw!" :biggrin: Then the recruits were left to figure it out. :confused:
Yeah kinda figured something among those lines lol

Seriously though, I'm sure they hyped the program up to all the visiting recruits all the way up to the start of the game to say how great of a program they are and x,y,z only to have all of what they said dismantled and debunked on the field. Talent is not their problem ... schemes and coaching is ... and for whatever reason they keep falling into the same pit with have a lack of an offensive direction and the program keeps suffering for it. Not that I'm mad about it lol ... just saying what it is.

They are at least 3 or 4 seasons behind now because of a lack of a true dedication to retooling their offense. It's kind of hard for any recruit to believe they will right the ship when it comes to their offense any time soon.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
They don't have the talent on the LOS they used to have, especially the DL. I'm not sure they were ever great on the OL. Good, but not great. But I remember guys like Glenn Dorsey and Chad Lavalais. They don't have guys like that anymore. Either they aren't getting them, or they aren't developing them.

And they haven't had a legit QB since probably JaMarcus Russell. Maybe Mettenberger. I know Russell never panned out in the league but he was great at LSU.

They've got to get better along the LOS but they are not beating Alabama under Nick Saban again until they get an elite QB. But it seems to me they are down across the board from a few years go everywhere except DB. I may be looking through crimson glasses, but I think the only thing that kept us from scoring 40+ on them was the allowed defensive holding.
Just hope he didn't get ours Saturday night. Or anyone we are recruiting.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.