It's Been 24 Hours, But Reward Yourself By Taking a Look at Tiger Rant

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I think the worst thing that happened to LSU and Auburn is they are historically "average" programs that had a little success. They both won a title (LSU got two, but both with CNS's tenure and talent cause he left plenty of talent for Miles) in the last few years and they decide that is now their destiny and that they are like a traditional power. They got drunk on their own koolaid and now they can't deal with reality that they are back to being so-so again.
I agree. Both of these programs haven't historically been consistent powerhouses. They were a part of the "Golden Years" of the SEC when the conference strung together what, six or seven consecutive NC's? Both Auburn and L8U were contributors as well as beneficiaries of this great SEC run. But the reality of it is, historically this isn't who they normally have been and I think they have been seeing a "correction in the market" bringing them back to their historical status. Make no mistake, they are both excellent football programs (compared to the average FBS football program) and any player or parent of a player should be very proud to be given an opportunity to play at either one of these schools. But the "younger" portion of their fan base (35 and under) have a highly distorted view of their program and what they "should be".

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I agree. Both of these programs haven't historically been consistent powerhouses. They were a part of the "Golden Years" of the SEC when the conference strung together what, six or seven consecutive NC's? Both Auburn and L8U were contributors as well as beneficiaries of this great SEC run. But the reality of it is, historically this isn't who they normally have been and I think they have been seeing a "correction in the market" bringing them back to their historical status. Make no mistake, they are both excellent football programs (compared to the average FBS football program) and anyone player or parent of a player should be very proud to be given an opportunity to play at either one of these schools. But the "younger" portion of their fan base (35 and under) have a highly distorted view of their program and what they "should be".
Exactly and your description is "fairer." They are both in the upper echelon on D-1 programs, no doubt. They are part of the SEC's best football schools. But neither are the type of program that wins championships in different eras with different coaches successfuly. You can count those programs on one hand and we're going to be first on that list until ND, USC and Michigan win another one. OSU is the other one with a recent title, but their stock is dropping like publicly traded poop on a stick.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
lsu711
LSU Fan
Member since Sep 2003
8396 posts

re: Does Tennessee, ULL, Louisville, A&M and Arkansas all have better offensive personnel?Posted on 11/5/18 at 10:02 am to Jack Daniel
Half of Alabama’s starting defense turned their back on LSU, but they play against us with a chip on their shoulder like LSU did something to them. That’s the difference.

Back to top ReplyReplies (1)
Jack Daniel
Maryland Fan
In the bottle
Member since Feb 2013
14084 posts

re: Does Tennessee, ULL, Louisville, A&M and Arkansas all have better offensive personnel?Posted on 11/5/18 at 10:21 am to lsu711
They hate Tennessee and Auburn too. Neither of those teams went two years without scoring a point.
not sure how this will copy and paste, but it's funny

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
One more that I thought was 100% gold....

THIS....Saban also wants to make this a highlight game when recruiting the best that LA has to offer...."Want to win championships with us, or get beat every year by us?"

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Didn't he tell Devin White he would beat him every year if he went to LSU? I saw that somewhere on the innerwebertory last week leading up to the game. He told Julio Jones the same thing when recruiting him.
To be fair, his exact words (at least as I've seen White repeat them back) were if you go to LSU then I guess we'll just have to beat you every year. That's slightly less than an outright guarantee, but Coach Saban and Alabama have made good on it so far.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
I actually see a lot of reasonable takes on here. To be honest I'd also be REALLY upset by the LSU performance Saturday night if I was one of their fans.

The secondary played pretty well - but nobody else did. The secondary and the crowd were the only things that kept the score from being 50-0. Seriously. They got decimated EVERYWHERE else.
I thought their punter did a nice job. He seemed to be very busy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I just love that next time we play them at Death Valley it will have been 6 years since they scored on us in Death Valley aka Cajun Bryant Denny

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Is this stat correct? Alabama is 28-9-2 at Death Valley? I saw it posted on another rival board and couldn't find a link to confirm it.
In the last 49 years... since 1970... Bama is an unbelievable 20-4-1 in Tiger Stadium! Tiger Stadium is always ranked as the toughest place to play in college football. Bama fans should call the stadium "Happy Valley" instead of "Death Valley":smile:

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Yeah its a lot of good gems over there ... had me a morning of good laughs.

For the most part, they are realistic about what the problems are with the program. They realize it's not a talent issue ... its a scheme/coaching issue. LSU needed to be able to outscore BAMA to have a chance of winning Saturday and pretty much everyone knew they didn't have the offense to do so. They honestly need to figure out what they are going to commit to for an offensive identity and build their team around that, because right now, they honestly don't have an offensive identity.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
In the last 49 years... since 1970... Bama is an unbelievable 20-4-1 in Tiger Stadium! Tiger Stadium is always ranked as the toughest place to play in college football. Bama fans should call the stadium "Happy Valley" instead of "Death Valley":smile:
LSU is 236 - 82 - 7 at home since 1970 (through 2017). Vs Bama they are 4 - 20 - 1

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Yeah its a lot of good gems over there ... had me a morning of good laughs.

For the most part, they are realistic about what the problems are with the program. They realize it's not a talent issue ... its a scheme/coaching issue. LSU needed to be able to outscore BAMA to have a chance of winning Saturday and pretty much everyone knew they didn't have the offense to do so. They honestly need to figure out what they are going to commit to for an offensive identity and build their team around that, because right now, they honestly don't have an offensive identity.
According to their HC (in his postgame presser Saturday) it's a talent problem and he needs to get better players in there. It's not the first time he's publicly blamed the talent level of the team either.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
According to their HC (in his postgame presser Saturday) it's a talent problem and he needs to get better players in there. It's not the first time he's publicly blamed the talent level of the team either.
247sports might disagree.....seems like they've recruited just fine. I'm also guessing the NFL likely disagrees.

I think that (as usual) they are only recruiting well on D and at the WR position..... can't play without a QB and OL

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.