Flomaton (12-3) 23
    Piedmont (12-3) 12

CLASS 2A
    Fyffe (15-0) 21
    Luverne (13-2) 19

CLASS 1A
    Mars Hill Bible (14-1) 53
    Linden (13-1) 26
    Last edited by 230kv_barehand; December 7th, 2018 at 11:43 PM.

2. Advertisement

Re: 2018 AHSAA Football Playoffs

Colbert County beat Tarrant 49-6 and Hillcrest Tuscaloosa beat Sidney Lanier 10-3 last night.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American formersoldier71's Avatar

Pike County beat Oakman 21-8 today.

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/...-playoff-fame/
    Victory... does not depend entirely upon numbers or mere courage; only skill and discipline will insure it. - Vegetius

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

The Semi's are set and the 7A title game is set with a great matchup as Central Phenix City faces Taulia and Thompson whom finally dethroned Hoover
    I need you out there slinging coconuts and pineapples! Denzel Devall

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

All the Super 7 games are over. Had a few great games!

Danny Horn gets his 7th state title in his first year at Central of Clay County (he won he previous 6 at the old Clay County High) and I think Terry Curtis took his 7th with UMSís big win over Deshler if Iím not mistaken.

BamaNation Second Team Lovthablues's Avatar

I watched all seven finals this week >>>> My observations for what they're worth! Why can't AHSAA get someone better than Raycom to do these games? Quality of TV broadcast was just awful! Central of Phenix City was by far the most talented team in the playoffs great athletes at most positions, Thompson's overall talent level wasn't even close! UMS Wright and Mars Hill Bible were the two best coached teams, great fundamentals! Speaking of which several teams were very sloppy with poor blocking and tackling, lots of mistakes, lots of penalties! I noticed that in some of these games the officials did a very poor job! Lots of confusion, lots of missed calls, officials out of position to make calls … they looked very bad at times! Central Clay County vs Vigor was an exciting game to watch but very frustrating with poor defense and lots of mistakes by both teams … when will these coaches start teaching guys how to tackle??? On the other hand Fyffe vs Luverne was a great game with two well coached teams giving it their all!
    • Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

BamaNation Hall of Fame EscaTider's Avatar

Shout out to my hometown Flomaton Hurricanes for winning the 3A championship- our first! Played a somewhat sloppy game against Piedmont, but we'll take the win.

Remember the name Daquan Johnson. He just finished an amazing junior season at QB. His numbers are eye-popping:

2389 rushing yards, 29 TD's
    1969 passing yards, 24 TD's

Plays cb on defense, and returns kicks- almost never leaves the field. Those numbers are even more amazing when you factor in that he missed 1 1/2 games with a concussion. He's listed at 6' 1" 175 and he's pretty close to that. Still has time to grow before his senior season.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

It looked to me, from what I saw of the game, Piedmont was a lot bigger than Flomaton.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    All the Super 7 games are over. Had a few great games!

Danny Horn gets his 7th state title in his first year at Central of Clay County (he won he previous 6 at the old Clay County High) and I think Terry Curtis took his 7th with UMSís big win over Deshler if Iím not mistaken.
    Curtis is a legend around here. I remember when he played at Murphy.

The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation Hall of Fame EscaTider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    It looked to me, from what I saw of the game, Piedmont was a lot bigger than Flomaton.

They were bigger up front on both sides, but not as athletic. Those two big defensive linemen for Piedmont were worn out by the 4th quarter.

Flomaton lost their best offensive lineman to a torn ACL earlier in the season, and quite frankly, I didn't think they would overcome that. Tough for a 3A team to replace a 6' 3" 285 lb senior. The backup played well though, and held his own on Thursday.