CLASS 1A
Mars Hill Bible (14-1) 53
Linden (13-1) 26

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
The Semi's are set and the 7A title game is set with a great matchup as Central Phenix City faces Taulia and Thompson whom finally dethroned Hoover

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
All the Super 7 games are over. Had a few great games!

Danny Horn gets his 7th state title in his first year at Central of Clay County (he won he previous 6 at the old Clay County High) and I think Terry Curtis took his 7th with UMS’s big win over Deshler if I’m not mistaken.

Lovthablues

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 18, 2018
Alexandria, Al
I watched all seven finals this week >>>> My observations for what they're worth! Why can't AHSAA get someone better than Raycom to do these games? Quality of TV broadcast was just awful! Central of Phenix City was by far the most talented team in the playoffs great athletes at most positions, Thompson's overall talent level wasn't even close! UMS Wright and Mars Hill Bible were the two best coached teams, great fundamentals! Speaking of which several teams were very sloppy with poor blocking and tackling, lots of mistakes, lots of penalties! I noticed that in some of these games the officials did a very poor job! Lots of confusion, lots of missed calls, officials out of position to make calls … they looked very bad at times! Central Clay County vs Vigor was an exciting game to watch but very frustrating with poor defense and lots of mistakes by both teams … when will these coaches start teaching guys how to tackle??? On the other hand Fyffe vs Luverne was a great game with two well coached teams giving it their all!

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
Shout out to my hometown Flomaton Hurricanes for winning the 3A championship- our first! Played a somewhat sloppy game against Piedmont, but we'll take the win.

Remember the name Daquan Johnson. He just finished an amazing junior season at QB. His numbers are eye-popping:

2389 rushing yards, 29 TD's
1969 passing yards, 24 TD's

Plays cb on defense, and returns kicks- almost never leaves the field. Those numbers are even more amazing when you factor in that he missed 1 1/2 games with a concussion. He's listed at 6' 1" 175 and he's pretty close to that. Still has time to grow before his senior season.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
It looked to me, from what I saw of the game, Piedmont was a lot bigger than Flomaton.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
All the Super 7 games are over. Had a few great games!

Danny Horn gets his 7th state title in his first year at Central of Clay County (he won he previous 6 at the old Clay County High) and I think Terry Curtis took his 7th with UMS’s big win over Deshler if I’m not mistaken.
Curtis is a legend around here. I remember when he played at Murphy.

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
It looked to me, from what I saw of the game, Piedmont was a lot bigger than Flomaton.

They were bigger up front on both sides, but not as athletic. Those two big defensive linemen for Piedmont were worn out by the 4th quarter.

Flomaton lost their best offensive lineman to a torn ACL earlier in the season, and quite frankly, I didn't think they would overcome that. Tough for a 3A team to replace a 6' 3" 285 lb senior. The backup played well though, and held his own on Thursday.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.