2018 Midterms: Go Vote!

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I love all of the people telling us to go vote. Most of them, what they really mean is go vote for the person I want you to vote for.
I don't think that's necessarily the case.

It's true that Democrats do better when more people vote and Republicans do better when fewer people vote, so you could definitely argue that Trump's "police will be watching polls" tweet and Obama's "go vote and be heard" message are purely political. And to some extent they are. But for most normal people on my social media feed, I think it's simply a campaign against apathy.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I voted at my rural Madison County, AL home address at mid-morning. This was the largest turnout today that I have ever seen even for Presidential elections going back to the George Bush second term. It appeared to me that there was a significant African American turnout but substantial Republican turnout as well. It is going to be very interesting to see how such a large turnout will impact some of the swing state elections.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I used to post on a board where one guy was an operative for the Democrats where he lived. (I think in North Carolina). He said they would get lists of people who hadn’t voted and then call or knock on their door to get them to go to the poll.

He was befuddled that others on the board (on both sides of the aisle) found this creepy and an invasion of privacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I used to post on a board where one guy was an operative for the Democrats where he lived. (I think in North Carolina). He said they would get lists of people who hadn’t voted and then call or knock on their door to get them to go to the poll.

He was befuddled that others on the board (on both sides of the aisle) found this creepy and an invasion of privacy.

If you (generic) pulled that with me, I'd make sure to vote straight ticket for the OTHER party.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
During the Doug Jones vs Roy Moore, I had a man knock on my door, want to come in, and tell me who good Christians would vote for. All it did was make me more angry at his candidate :/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
During the Doug Jones vs Roy Moore, I had a man knock on my door, want to come in, and tell me who good Christians would vote for. All it did was make me more angry at his candidate :/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Why? Good Christians would never vote for Moore.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.