How Are Ruggs and Najee? - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 131
  1. #40
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    7,923

    Re: Are how Ruggs and Najee?

    Quote Originally Posted by gman4tide View Post
    I'll say it again. That's why you let qb3 RUN THE OFFENSE, not just hand the ball off on stretches, even though you're up 50. It's the defense's job to stop the offense, no matter who's out there. It has done our 3's and 4's absolutely no good (to prepare for important playing time) on the offensive side of the ball in those first 5 or 6 games.
    Is that you Coach Spurrier? This is not Coach Saban's MO and we all know this so don't ever look for us to 'run our offense' in the 4th qtr when we are up 50. And I agree with this strategy.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #41
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18,579

    Re: Are how Ruggs and Najee?

    Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    Is that you Coach Spurrier? This is not Coach Saban's MO and we all know this so don't ever look for us to 'run our offense' in the 4th qtr when we are up 50. And I agree with this strategy.
    Not sure about up by 50, but Saban sure let Tua run the whole offense late into games that were blowouts last year. If he had not, you would still be looking for #17.

  4. #42
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Breaux Bridge, La
    Posts
    16,486

    Re: Are how Ruggs and Najee?

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaMan09 View Post
    Have they faced a group of receivers as talented as Alabama's ? I would venture to say no. LSU has terrific DBs and while they held us in check some they were burned when it mattered. All four of them look to be on the field Saturday, too. Oh and it helps to have the game in Tuscaloosa and not with all those awful cowbells.
    no more honest words were ever spoken....
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

  5. #43
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arab, AL
    Posts
    16,352

    Re: Are how Ruggs and Najee?

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    This is fan talk and does not have anything to do with my post.

    You guys are killing me. You want everyone to believe that you have played tough opponents, but on this forum you say that your opponents suck. LSU sucks, MSU sucks, Auburn sucks. aTm sucks.

    Guess what - they don't suck. Alabama is just better. Way better. Changing the way a lot of people look at the game better.
    This is correct. However, I don't think LSU was as great as the #3 ranking suggested. There were major weaknesses present on that team. Having said that, will they lose again? I think its possible.

    But I'm not one who thinks it is a foregone conclusion that Alabama is going to run away with everything. MSU can beat us. It would take a lot, but it's possible. Not sure about Auburn because there are external factors at play. On paper, theoretically it's possible, but I think Alabama will be hyper focused for the game and that's not good for theory.

    Georgia is definitely a tough opponent that can beat us if we are just a little off.

  6. #44
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,547

    Re: Are how Ruggs and Najee?

    Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    This is correct. However, I don't think LSU was as great as the #3 ranking suggested. There were major weaknesses present on that team. Having said that, will they lose again? I think its possible.

    But I'm not one who thinks it is a foregone conclusion that Alabama is going to run away with everything. MSU can beat us. It would take a lot, but it's possible. Not sure about Auburn because there are external factors at play. On paper, theoretically it's possible, but I think Alabama will be hyper focused for the game and that's not good for theory.

    Georgia is definitely a tough opponent that can beat us if we are just a little off.
    LSU will win out. No way they lose to Arkansas or Texas A&M. A&M hasn't beaten them since expansion in 2012 and I don't see that changing until Fisher recruits a couple more years.

  7. #45
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arab, AL
    Posts
    16,352

    Re: Are how Ruggs and Najee?

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaMan09 View Post
    LSU will win out. No way they lose to Arkansas or Texas A&M. A&M hasn't beaten them since expansion in 2012 and I don't see that changing until Fisher recruits a couple more years.
    Yeah, it's not likely. I thought maybe A&M could a couple of weeks ago, but not anymore. As long as LSU hasn't tanked following losing out of any chance of a title, they'll win out.

  8. #46
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    7,923

    Re: Are how Ruggs and Najee?

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Not sure about up by 50, but Saban sure let Tua run the whole offense late into games that were blowouts last year. If he had not, you would still be looking for #17.
    Sort of. Here is a situational play chart for Tua last year. I am not sure what the scores of all the games were that he played in but he did not throw the ball as much in the 4th qtr as he did in the 3rd qtr and most of those 4th qtr attempts/completions were against UGA.. And I would doubt he was throwing any when we were up 50 pts.

    http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/player/...tuational.html
    Last edited by TiderJack; November 6th, 2018 at 02:55 PM.

  9. #47
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    853

    Re: How Are Ruggs and Najee?

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaMan09 View Post
    So thankful that this game is at home and not Starkville. State controlled the game last year but their home field was a difference maker for sure. Bryant Denny needs to prove to be a huge home field advantage against MSU and Auburn.
    Need to give MSU a taste of the loud noise as well when they have the ball........ let them get confused then the defense can take advantage

  10. #48
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18,579

    Re: Are how Ruggs and Najee?

    Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    This is correct. However, I don't think LSU was as great as the #3 ranking suggested. There were major weaknesses present on that team. Having said that, will they lose again? I think its possible.
    I don't disagree, but they are still a very, very good team. Top 10 for sure. Alabama has just raised the bar. Like was said in another article, Alabama is First Class, Clemson is Business Class and everyone else is sitting in the back of the plane fighting over peanuts. You guys are so good that teams that would have been top teams in the past simply look flawed after they play you.

    After you beat them and expose their flaws, everyone begins to believe that they were "never that good". That is just wrong. How good they are should be based on how they play against the rest of college football, not Alabama.

  11. #49
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18,579

    Re: Are how Ruggs and Najee?

    Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    Sort of. Here is a situational play chart for Tua last year. I am not sure what the scores of all the games were that he played in but he did not throw the ball as much in the 4th qtr as he did in the 3rd qtr. And I would doubt he was throwing any when we were up 50 pts.

    http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/player/...tuational.html
    The point - Every player on your team gets a chance to improve in garbage time except your QB.

  12. #50
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    7,923

    Re: Are how Ruggs and Najee?

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    The point - Every player on your team gets a chance to improve in garbage time except your QB.
    Yep and my point is we all know that is what is going to happen when we are up 50 pts.

  13. #51
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18,579

    Re: Are how Ruggs and Najee?

    Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    Yep and my point is we all know that is what is going to happen when we are up 50 pts.
    Agreed, but you made it seem like a bad thing to expect otherwise. It is not. Saban has been lucky not to lose a starting QB to injury in his tenure at Alabama. That luck has him doing something that places the entire season in greater jeopardy than it needs to be. If Mac had been forced to play when Tua went down in the 1st quarter, you lose to LSU. Why? Because he is no better a player today than he was in the spring game, and that is on Saban.

    Saban is the best to ever do it, but he has flaws. This is one of them.

  14. #52
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,547

    Re: Are how Ruggs and Najee?

    A&M has serious cracks in their armour right now. Their offense had meltdowns against MSU and Auburn. They should've beaten Auburn but their lack of play makers on the outside and Mond's inability to read coverages has cost them big time. Arkansas is an awful team. They got their clocks cleaned by Vandy. I'll say no more.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 

TideFansStore.com: Get YOUR gear!