How Are Ruggs and Najee? - Page 5
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Re: How Are Ruggs and Najee?

I agree that Mac needs the development......... not sure why he hasnít gotten more

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: Are how Ruggs and Najee?

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    Yep and my point is we all know that is what is going to happen when we are up 50 pts.
    On the flip side, Brian Robinson has looked very good in mop up duty. I think he could step up some if Najee is out the next two weeks with the ankle.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I'm just not sure how much development the third team QB is supposed to get on any team, though.

How many teams out there are seeing their third team QB playing heavy minutes in several games during the course of the season (without injuries to the other QBs forcing that, of course)?

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    I'm just not sure how much development the third team QB is supposed to get on any team, though.

How many teams out there are seeing their third team QB playing heavy minutes in several games during the course of the season (without injuries to the other QBs forcing that, of course)?
    Considering Mac is the de facto second string QB right now, I think it's pretty obvious he needs reps.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Agreed, but you made it seem like a bad thing to expect otherwise. It is not. Saban has been lucky not to lose a starting QB to injury in his tenure at Alabama. That luck has him doing something that places the entire season in greater jeopardy than it needs to be. If Mac had been forced to play when Tua went down in the 1st quarter, you lose to LSU. Why? Because he is no better a player today than he was in the spring game, and that is on Saban.

Saban is the best to ever do it, but he has flaws. This is one of them.
    Not a bad thing but an expected thing. Never been a fan of running up the score late in a game like Spurrier did and Saban does not like it either. Obviously it does not help development at times but showing class is sometimes more important.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Not a bad thing but an expected thing. Never been a fan of running up the score late in a game like Spurrier did and Saban does not like it either. Obviously it does not help development at times but showing class is sometimes more important.
    Nope - it is not running up the score if you have your 3rd string QB running the offense. Not even close. Has nothing to do with class.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMan09 View Post
    On the flip side, Brian Robinson has looked very good in mop up duty. I think he could step up some if Najee is out the next two weeks with the ankle.
    Just imagine if he gets to play with less than 9 in the box at the end of the game
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    Just imagine if he gets to play with less than 9 in the box at the end of the game
    And with the first string offensive line. Robinson is a very talented back that needs reps anyway.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Considering Mac is the de facto second string QB right now, I think it's pretty obvious he needs reps.
    But that's not the point. He was the 3rd string before last week. Of course he needs the reps now, but you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.

BamaNation Third Team Lovthablues's Avatar

Wow clicked on this thread to see the latest on Ruggs and Najee... All I see are posts about everything but Ruggs and Najee????? Seems like this thread has veered slightly off course! Any updates on the status of Ruggs and Najee or any other injuries?
    • Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lovthablues View Post
    Wow clicked on this thread to see the latest on Ruggs and Najee... All I see are posts about everything but Ruggs and Najee????? Seems like this thread has veered slightly off course! Any updates on the status of Ruggs and Najee or any other injuries?
    read the thread. answers provided

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    But that's not the point. He was the 3rd string before last week. Of course he needs the reps now, but you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube.
    But you can let him run the offense and gain valuable experience when he does get in the game. He's played in for games this year (five if you count L8U) and has thrown a total of seven passes. He doesn't appear to be ready to run the offense, and due to Hurts' injury, is now that guy. Tua could hurt his knee just walking to class this week and we'd be (likely) screwed because the coaches haven't allowed Mac to prep as a backup.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation First Team Gallowglas's Avatar

I honestly never understood the complaints about running up the score. A team's resume matters for placement in the playoffs and because the second and third string players need reps, both for development but also to show new recruits they can have playing time. It's not like you're just beating down another team to demoralize them. And, frankly, maybe it even gives them more film to work with.
    Dueling Brothers SEC Football Video Blog: Players to Watch for 2018