How Are Ruggs and Najee? - Page 8
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Big A Re: Are how Ruggs and Najee?

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I saw someone yesterday say that Alabama fans have run out of things to worry about so now they just come up with random things because fans aren't happy unless they are unhappy about something.
    I didn't see that, but I have heard similar things before about our fans. The things that I tend to worry about are about the same as always before. Very few of those things are relevant to other schools. And very few of those things at UA that I might be concerned over are big deals. Can only grade my own self. I don't like unfair judgement or treatment to our athletes from Refs, failed politicians, or media types. Other than that......I will share a statement that has seared into my memory by a boneheaded Awbun duff in 1977 in the 8th floor breakroom at Southern Co on hwy 280. "Do you know WHY Alabama fans are so jealous of us Auburn fans?" The uninterested GT grad was polite enough to answer with..."No. Why is that?" Then came the revelation that was probably born in 1963 when Tucker Frederickson went over the top of our D (which was very good). The War Eagle guy said, "Because...we enjoy a win longer than they do." I don't quote that because I was impressed. I quote it because I still don't understand Awbun logic as it pertains to Bama people.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Re: How Are Ruggs and Najee?

What a derailment!

BamaNation All-American

Sounds like the WR corps will be back to full strength. Personally, I hope Najee rests if he's not 100%.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Sounds like the WR corps will be back to full strength. Personally, I hope Najee rests if he's not 100%.
    If NH has an high ankle sprain, I doubt one week of rest/therapy (as good as our's is) will make him ready enough to be effective, especially when the three other guys that play the position are all very, very good.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    If NH has an high ankle sprain, I doubt one week of rest/therapy (as good as our's is) will make him ready enough to be effective, especially when the three other guys that play the position are all very, very good.
    Was that Najee's injury? High ankle sprain? Hadn't heard that. I feared that he had an ACL or a kneecap injury the way he was stoop hopping to the sideline. Can't lose Najee. He is a warrior.

BamaNation All-American

Re: Are how Ruggs and Najee?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenntiderman View Post
    I didn't see that, but I have heard similar things before about our fans. The things that I tend to worry about are about the same as always before. Very few of those things are relevant to other schools. And very few of those things at UA that I might be concerned over are big deals. Can only grade my own self. I don't like unfair judgement or treatment to our athletes from Refs, failed politicians, or media types. Other than that......I will share a statement that has seared into my memory by a boneheaded Awbun duff in 1977 in the 8th floor breakroom at Southern Co on hwy 280. "Do you know WHY Alabama fans are so jealous of us Auburn fans?" The uninterested GT grad was polite enough to answer with..."No. Why is that?" Then came the revelation that was probably born in 1963 when Tucker Frederickson went over the top of our D (which was very good). The War Eagle guy said, "Because...we enjoy a win longer than they do." I don't quote that because I was impressed. I quote it because I still don't understand Awbun logic as it pertains to Bama people.
    They have to enjoy a win longer, they get so few. We just move onto the next one which is usually the next week. They can go a long time between wins so they have to enjoy the last one longer.

BamaNation All-SEC

Saban said ankle sprain, not high ankle. My hope is he'll be close to 100% for Auburn and Georgia. I doubt we see him this week or next week against The Citadel.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Was that Najee's injury? High ankle sprain? Hadn't heard that. I feared that he had an ACL or a kneecap injury the way he was stoop hopping to the sideline. Can't lose Najee. He is a warrior.
    Pretty sure I heard ankle and thought it was a high ankle, which are tougher. I had one in HS and missed 1/3 of a season of basketball. Of course, I was just soaking in a bucket of ice water. No therapy and just natural healing.

BamaNation First Team

Pretty sure I heard ankle and thought it was a high ankle, which are tougher. I had one in HS and missed 1/3 of a season of basketball. Of course, I was just soaking in a bucket of ice water. No therapy and just natural healing.
    Yep...I got an elbow to the mouth and had to pull my bottom lip off my teeth. Coach looked at it and said...."Aaaahhhh. Get on up to the gym and wash it out. You tough.Oughta be ok"
    Been there too. I didn't talk back to him but today I would mimic my favorite Clint Eastwood line and growl through the blood and say..."Toughs got nuthin' to do with it." I also got an ankle sprain once when I was 26, and it has bothered me ever since. Mostly when coming down stairwells. Feel a snap ping in there. Ankle sprains need attention THEN healing time. We need Najee and Jalen...but I want these guys to be pain free in their daily lives. They get the best in care though so that will happen.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Doubt Najee and Jalen will play this weekend.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    Doubt Najee and Jalen will play this weekend.
    Hopefully we can get it done with Jacobs, Robinson, and Harris. Robinson gets better by the game. Has great field awareness. Physical. Harris gets more physical during the big games. Glad he came back. Think about how lucky we are he came back with a guarantee of Pro money. Wow.

BamaNation All-SEC

Hopefully we can get it done with Jacobs, Robinson, and Harris. Robinson gets better by the game. Has great field awareness. Physical. Harris gets more physical during the big games. Glad he came back. Think about how lucky we are he came back with a guarantee of Pro money. Wow.
    Robinson is a really good back. Would be nice to see him play behind the #1 group of OL without having to face 9 men in the box anticipating run plays.

BamaNation First Team OakMtn4Bama's Avatar

al.com says ruggs / Smith doing everything... NH was practicing but not doing every single drill. Jalen was throwing but not running.