How Are Ruggs and Najee? - Page 9
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: How Are Ruggs and Najee?

No need to play any of the injured, we got enough depth to get to the SECCG while they heal up. As long as Tua is good we are good. We have rb's so we are good on that point.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Tenntiderman View Post
    Yep...I got an elbow to the mouth and had to pull my bottom lip off my teeth. Coach looked at it and said...."Aaaahhhh. Get on up to the gym and wash it out. You tough.Oughta be ok"
    Been there too. I didn't talk back to him but today I would mimic my favorite Clint Eastwood line and growl through the blood and say..."Toughs got nuthin' to do with it." I also got an ankle sprain once when I was 26, and it has bothered me ever since. Mostly when coming down stairwells. Feel a snap ping in there. Ankle sprains need attention THEN healing time. We need Najee and Jalen...but I want these guys to be pain free in their daily lives. They get the best in care though so that will happen.
    I`m not sure Dr. Andrews would agree but I`ve always felt that there are certain parts of the body, once injured, are never fully the same. Backs, ankles, knees, elbows, etc. In other words, the things you injure if you play anything more strenuous than being on the debate team. Almost like a " right of passage " for all us ageing ex-jocks!

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    I`m not sure Dr. Andrews would agree but I`ve always felt that there are certain parts of the body, once injured, are never fully the same. Backs, ankles, knees, elbows, etc. In other words, the things you injure if you play anything more strenuous than being on the debate team. Almost like a " right of passage " for all us ageing ex-jocks!
    Amen brother! I actively played sports (basketball, football, baseball, softball, soccer and flag football) both recreational and organized from the time I was 6 until I was in my early 30's. Now at 43 there's a hitch in my giddy up and even my giddy up has left. I've got a lot of aches and pains that I have no doubt are from my years of playing sports. No matter how great of shape you were in at the time you played. The wear and tear comes to collect at some point.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

I think genetics plays a part...Ironically, the only bad injury I ever had was that ankle. Doc told me it would've been better if I broke the bone. But, it doesn't hurt much at all today.

Instead, my hip and knee joints are the ones that give me the most regular pain. The sport I play now is golf. Golf hurts my hip some and I occasionally have some back pain. But, I think my joints are just genetically weak. My dad and his mother had the same problems and they weren't athletes.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Al.com

Najee Harris (ankle) will practice today and is “doing really well
    According to Coach Nick Saban

Today’s practice report said Jerry Jeudy wasn’t at practice during media viewing period but Ruggs and Najee were practicing. Any word about Jeudy?? Is he injured?

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saban4Ever View Post
    Today’s practice report said Jerry Jeudy wasn’t at practice during media viewing period but Ruggs snd Najee we’re practicing. Any word about Jeudy?? Is he injured?
    Was wondering the same thing.

BamaNation Second Team Redstripe's Avatar

Just rub some dirt on it and get back out there.

BamaNation Third Team

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Yep got me wondering.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Never met Dr Andrews but I know he is a champ. But I agree with you there. That ankle sprain from when I was 26 appeared one night in Church league Softball. Hit a single and got to first. While I was standing on that bag..I shifted weight to my right foot and that ankle flipped upside down so I sprawled out and had to have a pinch runner. Guys in the dugout said they could see PONY print on the bottom of my cleats. That ankle is still problematic but I have learned to be careful. I am hoping that Najee and Henry are ok. Also Jalen. We need those guys but they need their ankles.

BamaNation First Team

Speaking of Jeudy..I cannot remember a WR with moves like that ever at Bama. We have had some great ones, but I just cannot in all my days of Bama watching seen a guy who can trainwreck a Defense as he can. Ridley has moves that are very similar but Jeudy just looks like he is making fun of people out there. He is so fun to watch.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    Amen brother! I actively played sports (basketball, football, baseball, softball, soccer and flag football) both recreational and organized from the time I was 6 until I was in my early 30's. Now at 43 there's a hitch in my giddy up and even my giddy up has left. I've got a lot of aches and pains that I have no doubt are from my years of playing sports. No matter how great of shape you were in at the time you played. The wear and tear comes to collect at some point.
    Used to lift weights a lot with bad technique I guess. Plus threw football too hard. Cost me a rotator surgery that has only healed about 90%. Toughest thing I have pushed through. Awful. Take care of your joints guys.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Saw on another site that Saban said Jeudy had a little tweak, went in and got checked out, and is okay.