How Are Ruggs and Najee?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Re: Are how Ruggs and Najee?

The SEC office and LSU both should be ashamed of what happened before and after the game.
Should be, yes, but I know for a fact the L8U people won't be. There are a few good ones, but there's a reason they've been considered the most classless (generally speaking) for decades.

Heck, when I was at Bama in the early 90's the L8U fans were throwing bottles at the Bama team's busses - in Tuscaloosa!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

This is exactly what's going on - and why we saw Jones when Tua had to sit one play.

I'm not sure if Jones can lead the team to victory over our better opponents (not doubting his talent, but I've seen very little of him in real game action), so at this point we need to let Hurts heal and hope Tua stays healthy.

Assuming Bama makes the CFP, that month off will be very beneficial.
IMO.... Mac is not ready because he has not received significant playing time where he can actually stay on the field for 2-3 series and actually throw the ball. That's why mac needs to play little more this weekend. I don't think we'll see Jalen playing this weekend.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

IMO.... Mac is not ready because he has not received significant playing time where he can actually stay on the field for 2-3 series and actually throw the ball. That's why mac needs to play little more this weekend. I don't think we'll see Jalen playing this weekend.
I hope so. He's only thrown seven passes this season (two completions).

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

When Tua went down in the first quarter...I got super nervous.

I'm not sure LSU had the horses to stop our running game, even if Jones had to play. I personally felt like we might have (can't believe I'm about to say this) passed too much with Tua and we should have run more.

That said, we don't know how Tua not being in the game would have impacted the running game. If Jones would have been unable to hit some passes, they could have brought 11 to the LOS and said, "We don't think your #3 QB can beat us.

Needless to say, I was so glad to see Tua get up and grab the jewels and not his knee!!!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Would be nice to jump up on MSU and be able to let Tua sit and rest up.
If Jalen isn't ready then Tua probably plays most of this game, too. The MSU defense is too good to just give the ball to Mac and hope for the best.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

I think for the Citadel game, Tua can play 1st quarter, Jalen 2nd quarter (if able to) and Mac 3rd and 4th quarter passing the ball with the regular offense plays. He needs the experience in case Bama needs him for Auburn or UGA.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek

I'll say it again. That's why you let qb3 RUN THE OFFENSE, not just hand the ball off on stretches, even though you're up 50. It's the defense's job to stop the offense, no matter who's out there. It has done our 3's and 4's absolutely no good (to prepare for important playing time) on the offensive side of the ball in those first 5 or 6 games.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I think... No, I'm hoping that Saban and the coaching staff read this thread and realize we need to give MAC opportunities to throw the ball in 3rd and 4th quarter. We need to do this to build up his confidence. I want the Barker kid to get a chance as well. Mac does not need to hold the ball for the extra point anymore. Let the walk on do that. I want Jalen to be limited this Saturday or not play at all. We have two injured QBs... so we need to get the next two guys ready: Mac and Barker. We can get away with our running game against MSU and Citadel... but Mac would struggle against Auburn and Georgia.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA

The way they showed Jalen walking last Saturday, I would say he needs at least another week. He was dressed out, but you could tell there was no way he could actually play. Rest him as long as you can.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

If Jalen isn't ready then Tua probably plays most of this game, too. The MSU defense is too good to just give the ball to Mac and hope for the best.
While their DL is pretty good, their coverage isn't. If Tua has time, we could be up 28 points in the fist quarter again, and if so, Mac might get a lot of PT, or at least I hope he can so Tua can get more rest for that knee...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

While their DL is pretty good, their coverage isn't. If Tua has time, we could be up 28 points in the fist quarter again, and if so, Mac might get a lot of PT, or at least I hope he can so Tua can get more rest for that knee...
It is all a part of the same package. They have a top rated pass efficiency defense. I can see you getting ahead big because of Tua, but I could as easily see Mac throwing 3 picks if he is asked to run the entire offense against this defense.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

It is all a part of the same package. They have a top rated pass efficiency defense. I can see you getting ahead big because of Tua, but I could as easily see Mac throwing 3 picks if he is asked to run the entire offense against this defense.
Have they faced a group of receivers as talented as Alabama's ? I would venture to say no. LSU has terrific DBs and while they held us in check some they were burned when it mattered. All four of them look to be on the field Saturday, too. Oh and it helps to have the game in Tuscaloosa and not with all those awful cowbells.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

I think... No, I'm hoping that Saban and the coaching staff read this thread and realize we need to give MAC opportunities to throw the ball in 3rd and 4th quarter. We need to do this to build up his confidence. I want the Barker kid to get a chance as well. Mac does not need to hold the ball for the extra point anymore. Let the walk on do that. I want Jalen to be limited this Saturday or not play at all. We have two injured QBs... so we need to get the next two guys ready: Mac and Barker. We can get away with our running game against MSU and Citadel... but Mac would struggle against Auburn and Georgia.
Don't mean to cherry pick a small part of you overall point because I agree with the overall sentiment that Mac needs to run this offense for multiple series and be allowed to develop rhythm and chemistry out on the field. I just wanted to point out that I'm not so sure running the ball alone is such a sure thing against MSU. I think we'd have a better chance of that against Auburn. Did you see MSU play Auburn? They ran it like Justin Gatlin right after roiding up.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

Have they faced a group of receivers as talented as Alabama's ? I would venture to say no. LSU has terrific DBs and while they held us in check some they were burned when it mattered. All four of them look to be on the field Saturday, too. Oh and it helps to have the game in Tuscaloosa and not with all those awful cowbells.
They were burned more or less to the tune of 300 yards passing to round up by 5 yards. They were good - Tua and our corps (even a little dinged up) was better.

They have not faced an offense like Alabama's. The biggest tale of the night will be in the trenches. What will our O-line look like against their D-line and what will the 2 strategies be to negate the others advantage? That one is actually difficult to face.

The REALLY great thing about Tua, and CNS has said this as well, is that he takes what you give him. If we really think about it, he's not really forcing throws where they aren't supposed to go, he's taking what the defense is giving him and then our 5 stars are out-athlete-ing everyone in college football. So if they blitz he throws it to the hot-route where they blitzed, just like we saw against LSU. If they play zone he hits them over the middle. If they play press man he runs it. He can scramble drill HIS FOOTWORK IN THE POCKET IS UNMATCHED AT THE COLLEGIATE LEVEL. And we have ENOUGH plays built in that move the pocket and angle of attack to avoid their D-line pressure with jet sweeps, bubble screen, quick slants, and some pretty lethal screens from what I've seen.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

This is fan talk and does not have anything to do with my post.

You guys are killing me. You want everyone to believe that you have played tough opponents, but on this forum you say that your opponents suck. LSU sucks, MSU sucks, Auburn sucks. aTm sucks.

Guess what - they don't suck. Alabama is just better. Way better. Changing the way a lot of people look at the game better.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

So thankful that this game is at home and not Starkville. State controlled the game last year but their home field was a difference maker for sure. Bryant Denny needs to prove to be a huge home field advantage against MSU and Auburn.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I'll say it again. That's why you let qb3 RUN THE OFFENSE, not just hand the ball off on stretches, even though you're up 50. It's the defense's job to stop the offense, no matter who's out there. It has done our 3's and 4's absolutely no good (to prepare for important playing time) on the offensive side of the ball in those first 5 or 6 games.
Is that you Coach Spurrier? This is not Coach Saban's MO and we all know this so don't ever look for us to 'run our offense' in the 4th qtr when we are up 50. And I agree with this strategy.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.