Bama is making the CFP irrelevant this season. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Bama is making the CFP irrelevant this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Forrest View Post
    If that wasn't clear to you before the weekend, after watching the Tide shutout No. 3 LSU 29-0 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, it should be now. Before Saturday night's latest reminder that Alabama is playing a different sport than every other college team in the country, there were generally two schools of thought. One was that Alabama is amazing and will crush all those foolish enough to throw themselves in its path. The other was that Alabama is amazing, but it's been amazing against a bunch of nobodies and also-rans.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ff-irrelevant/

Okay, I'll be honest -- I love me some rat poison
    I'm wearing my 'ROSE COLORED GLASSES'... I agree.
    Tua is as big a difference maker as I thought he could be...
    (Except Tua's play was better than anyone expected)
    ROLL TIDE ROLL.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Forrest View Post
    Oh I get a kick out of those who make the game plan. IF we can stop them running and pressure the QB and if they fumble and if we take care of the ball and if we can keep them in third and long and etc., etc. In other words IF we play perfect and they don't show up then I like our chances.
    In 2007, I was driving home from work in Nashville listening to Joe Biddle on talk radio the next day after the 'Bama hires Saban' news. For a while it was an entourage of anti-SEC and anti-Bama callers with a few hostile Miami fans mixed in. Biddle listened and thanked for the calls. THEN......a relaxed easy going fan called in and it went like this...."Joe? You know? These folks just have NO IDEA.....of what is about to happen do they?" Joe (who is no Bama fan. Good friend of Spurrier from East Tenn) said, "Well..I don't think they do, but they are fixing to find out". WHEN all those people did find out.. They fixed their hopes on how Nick Saban would get a better job soon elsewhere. Tuberville for example. Eh eh!! Wonder if ol ' Tommy recalls promising SEC fans that CNS would move along in 4 or 5 years? Hey SEC....YOU called it down. You loved it when we suffered. We ain't done. Looking forward to the rest of this show!! Roll Tide!!!!

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    I visit a lot of message boards, I have for 15 years, for the last couple of years, the feeling is the same. To a sizeable portion of fan bases, ALABAMA has ruined college football. Itís the dominance that will not end. Itís stifling.
    If only the Internet hadn't invented Al Gore-ithms!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

1. Alabama
    2. Clemson
    3. Notre Dame
    4. Michigan

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by RT27 View Post
    Watching an excellent team dominate is good. It gives that teams fans a lot to cheer for and gives all others someone to hate. That is what sports is all about. Waiting to see someone step it up and challenge the champ. No matter the sport, ball sports racing what have you. You need a villian, and that is usually the one dominating the others. It also sets a bar for others to rise to. To those who say it ruins sports have not watched enough sports. Baseball was at its best when Yankees dominated, Ali, Tyson,Earnhardt, Schumacher, Andretti, for any who follow racing. I watch a lot of sports, and they all seem to be the big draw when you have a dominate player or team. Does anyone really watch college ball if the top four all have a loss or 2? NO we want to see an undefeated team, or 2 so we can pull for a loss if you hate the team. OR you pull for the undefeated and want to see how long they can continue to dominate. I am a redneck and NASACR was at its pinnacle when Dale Earnhardt, and Jeff Gordon were kicking tail. Love or hate them it was worth watching, now it is a group of guys who win and is boring. Everyone wants a dominate guy or team, love or hate them it makes for watchable games and sports. from ball sports to boxing to racing to swimming, the fans watch when their is a TOP DOG and the rest. Think about it, I know sports of all types peak in veiwership when you have a KING to knock off.
    Never been a huge NFL guy, but I don't recall so many Dallas haters until Aikman and Smith came along. Then..Jerry Jones or one of his marketing folks created the "America's Team" nickname. Then....there was Dallas..and everybody else. Seems like folks are indifferent now. Still hating Dallas but knowing their not the same as the yearly Playoff days. So you make a point I think about why fans love or hate. Bama is a little different I think. People that hate us the most seem to be in the SEC. I just wish fans could be as decent and fairminded as most of the players are towards other school's players. Look at them congratulating each other and giving their best regards after a hardfought match like Saturday night. Ever see fans line up and do that?? Eh! Apples and Oranges I know.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tenntiderman View Post
    Never been a huge NFL guy, but I don't recall so many Dallas haters until Aikman and Smith came along. Then..Jerry Jones or one of his marketing folks created the "America's Team" nickname. Then....there was Dallas..and everybody else. Seems like folks are indifferent now. Still hating Dallas but knowing their not the same as the yearly Playoff days. So you make a point I think about why fans love or hate. Bama is a little different I think. People that hate us the most seem to be in the SEC. I just wish fans could be as decent and fairminded as most of the players are towards other school's players. Look at them congratulating each other and giving their best regards after a hardfought match like Saturday night. Ever see fans line up and do that?? Eh! Apples and Oranges I know.

First of all Jerry Jones had nothing to do with The Cowboys being called "America's team". The term actually came from a 1978 highlight film. Second most people didn't (don't) hate Dallas because they were winning, they hate (hated) them because Jerry Jones is an awful person and a jerk. Once someone else buys the Cowboys, people will go back to liking them again.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    First of all Jerry Jones had nothing to do with The Cowboys being called "America's team". The term actually came from a 1978 highlight film.
    Pretty sure it started before then. That is when it became a "thing", but I recall hearing similar terms being batted around before then. Tex Schramm was a genius when it came to promoting the Cowbags, and he was always looking for a new angle.

Second most people didn't (don't) hate Dallas because they were winning, they hate (hated) them because Jerry Jones is an awful person and a jerk. Once someone else buys the Cowboys, people will go back to liking them again.
    Hated them long before Jerruh showed up. He just was another reason to continue hating them.

I'll still hate 'em, after he leaves the stage. He just makes hating them more enjoyable.

(BTW, it only took around 10 seconds, of listening to the car radio, to gather they lost on MNF. Almost made up for the hassle of dealing with a hacked credit card.)
    Last edited by cuda.1973; November 7th, 2018 at 12:48 AM.
    "You want in on some of this fishy scramble, old man?"
    "Eh, get that away from me..............."

BamaNation First Team im4uainva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tenntiderman View Post
    Believe me, my Friend, when I tell you that, growing up as a Redskins fan in the D.C. area, that the Cowboys were hated a long time before Aikman. George Allen, the Redskins Coach for many years, was known for not saying the name "Dallas Cowboys" without adding an expletive to the front of it. Those were the years leading up to the moniker of "America's Team" (which made me want to puke). And I would have to believe, that under Tom Landry (Who was a great Coach and Gentleman) and Roger Staubach's and Randy White's time, caused a large part of the Nation to not be too fond of the Cowboys.

BamaNation First Team bamafan76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    1. Alabama
    2. Clemson
    3. Notre Dame
    4. Michigan
    Iím surprised we are still #1 since we still havenít played anyone... LOL
    TIDE FAN FROM TIGERLAND

In memory of Joe Lynn Casey
    07/28/53 - 09/26/13
    "ROLL TIDE"

Quote Originally Posted by bamafan76 View Post
    I’m surprised we are still #1 since we still haven’t played anyone... LOL
    Yeah, we might as well disband.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Chechem View Post
    Yeah, we might as well disband.
    After the INT bench Tua, and Fire Saban for allowing LSU past the 50 bahahahahahhahahahaha

BamaNation Second Team TideNL'ville's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chechem View Post
    Unless we slip up or Tua gets injured, the intrigue is indeed gone. The old BCS system would be enough.

Those who are pushing an 8-team playoff are just hoping for entertainment and an extension of the season.
    Imagine if it were 8 teams this year. Just a thought experiment ... there might have been a thought to throwing the LSU game. Possibly wouldn't have to play UGA, just beat MSU and AU. BAMA is in as 4,5, or 6 seed anyway without the extra wear and tear of the SEC championship game. They, of course, wouldn't have done it, but the thought would have been there. It would have been talked about by the media for sure. 8 teams would have had the chance to make this past weekend irrelevant - our 9th game of a 12 game season, mind you.
    "Ouch!" - Me, when I hit my head on the ceiling when Tiffin's kick went through the uprights.

Suspended

The LSU QB is terrible. They beat UGA based on turnovers, so I don't think LSU is really that good. We still have yet to be tested. Will not be until UGA.