Bama is making the CFP irrelevant this season.

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
If that wasn't clear to you before the weekend, after watching the Tide shutout No. 3 LSU 29-0 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, it should be now. Before Saturday night's latest reminder that Alabama is playing a different sport than every other college team in the country, there were generally two schools of thought. One was that Alabama is amazing and will crush all those foolish enough to throw themselves in its path. The other was that Alabama is amazing, but it's been amazing against a bunch of nobodies and also-rans.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...made-the-college-football-playoff-irrelevant/

Okay, I'll be honest -- I love me some rat poison :biggrin2:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I visit a lot of message boards, I have for 15 years. for the last couple of years, the feeling is the same. To a sizeable portion of fan bases, ALABAMA has ruined college football. It’s the dominance that will not end. It’s stifling.

Last edited:

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I visit a lot of message boards, I have for 15 years, for the last couple of years, the feeling is the same. To a sizeable portion of fan bases, ALABAMA has ruined college football. It’s the dominance that will not end. It’s stifling.
Oh I get a kick out of those who make the game plan. IF we can stop them running and pressure the QB and if they fumble and if we take care of the ball and if we can keep them in third and long and etc., etc. In other words IF we play perfect and they don't show up then I like our chances.

Chechem

Scout Team
Oct 6, 2018
Deep South
Unless we slip up or Tua gets injured, the intrigue is indeed gone. The old BCS system would be enough.

Those who are pushing an 8-team playoff are just hoping for entertainment and an extension of the season.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I visit a lot of message boards, I have for 15 years, for the last couple of years, the feeling is the same. To a sizeable portion of fan bases, ALABAMA has ruined college football. It’s the dominance that will not end. It’s stifling.
I can understand that. When other teams (FSU, NEB, OK, USC) had dominated, and Bama was in their down cycles, I was tiring of those teams winning so much. But their dominance lasted only 3, or 4, years. Bama has been on a tear for around a decade. I can understand their angst. That being said, I am a BAMA FAN, and I wouldn't trade this run for anything. So...let the angst continue! It will end...someday...but, as long as CNS still wants to Coach...I like Bama's chances.

ROLL TIDE!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Think of Alabama as first-class and Clemson as business-class while everybody else is packed in economy, clawing for a bag of peanuts.
:cheers2:

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
Such a special time. We've had two great runs since I've been watching college football.

Still some work to do since we're not at the top of all time wins yet.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I can understand that. When other teams (FSU, NEB, OK, USC) had dominated, and Bama was in their down cycles, I was tiring of those teams winning so much. But their dominance lasted only 3, or 4, years. Bama has been on a tear for around a decade. I can understand their angst. That being said, I am a BAMA FAN, and I wouldn't trade this run for anything. So...let the angst continue! It will end...someday...but, as long as CNS still wants to Coach...I like Bama's chances.

ROLL TIDE!
See, I don't. I enjoyed watching all of those teams play. I marveled at their excellence. And as a kid, I always wondered why they couldn't keep their runs going.

I've enjoyed watching the Patriots dominate. The Cowboys in the 90s. The Chicago Bulls with Jordan. I don't follow the NBA anymore so I can't comment on the current Warriors run.

I guess I just enjoy excellence. It's doubly satisfying now because I'm watching my favorite team. I hope it never ends.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Watching an excellent team dominate is good. It gives that teams fans a lot to cheer for and gives all others someone to hate. That is what sports is all about. Waiting to see someone step it up and challenge the champ. No matter the sport, ball sports racing what have you. You need a villian, and that is usually the one dominating the others. It also sets a bar for others to rise to. To those who say it ruins sports have not watched enough sports. Baseball was at its best when Yankees dominated, Ali, Tyson,Earnhardt, Schumacher, Andretti, for any who follow racing. I watch a lot of sports, and they all seem to be the big draw when you have a dominate player or team. Does anyone really watch college ball if the top four all have a loss or 2? NO we want to see an undefeated team, or 2 so we can pull for a loss if you hate the team. OR you pull for the undefeated and want to see how long they can continue to dominate. I am a redneck and NASACR was at its pinnacle when Dale Earnhardt, and Jeff Gordon were kicking tail. Love or hate them it was worth watching, now it is a group of guys who win and is boring. Everyone wants a dominate guy or team, love or hate them it makes for watchable games and sports. from ball sports to boxing to racing to swimming, the fans watch when their is a TOP DOG and the rest. Think about it, I know sports of all types peak in veiwership when you have a KING to knock off.

green_knight94

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 26, 2018
I wouldn't trade this run for anything. So...let the angst continue! It will end...someday...but, as long as CNS still wants to Coach...I like Bama's chances.

ROLL TIDE!
I too agree it won't last 4/ever. One day when CNS decides to give up coaching, then we will be brought back down to even playing field with everybody else but until then I am going to enjoy this run of dominance.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
If that wasn't clear to you before the weekend, after watching the Tide shutout No. 3 LSU 29-0 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, it should be now. Before Saturday night's latest reminder that Alabama is playing a different sport than every other college team in the country, there were generally two schools of thought. One was that Alabama is amazing and will crush all those foolish enough to throw themselves in its path. The other was that Alabama is amazing, but it's been amazing against a bunch of nobodies and also-rans.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...made-the-college-football-playoff-irrelevant/

Okay, I'll be honest -- I love me some rat poison :biggrin2:
I'm wearing my 'ROSE COLORED GLASSES'... I agree.
Tua is as big a difference maker as I thought he could be...
(Except Tua's play was better than anyone expected)
ROLL TIDE ROLL.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Oh I get a kick out of those who make the game plan. IF we can stop them running and pressure the QB and if they fumble and if we take care of the ball and if we can keep them in third and long and etc., etc. In other words IF we play perfect and they don't show up then I like our chances.
In 2007, I was driving home from work in Nashville listening to Joe Biddle on talk radio the next day after the 'Bama hires Saban' news. For a while it was an entourage of anti-SEC and anti-Bama callers with a few hostile Miami fans mixed in. Biddle listened and thanked for the calls. THEN......a relaxed easy going fan called in and it went like this...."Joe? You know? These folks just have NO IDEA.....of what is about to happen do they?" Joe (who is no Bama fan. Good friend of Spurrier from East Tenn) said, "Well..I don't think they do, but they are fixing to find out". WHEN all those people did find out.. They fixed their hopes on how Nick Saban would get a better job soon elsewhere. Tuberville for example. Eh eh!! Wonder if ol ' Tommy recalls promising SEC fans that CNS would move along in 4 or 5 years? Hey SEC....YOU called it down. You loved it when we suffered. We ain't done. Looking forward to the rest of this show!! Roll Tide!!!!

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
If only the Internet hadn't invented Al Gore-ithms!

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Watching an excellent team dominate is good. It gives that teams fans a lot to cheer for and gives all others someone to hate. That is what sports is all about. Waiting to see someone step it up and challenge the champ. No matter the sport, ball sports racing what have you. You need a villian, and that is usually the one dominating the others. It also sets a bar for others to rise to. To those who say it ruins sports have not watched enough sports. Baseball was at its best when Yankees dominated, Ali, Tyson,Earnhardt, Schumacher, Andretti, for any who follow racing. I watch a lot of sports, and they all seem to be the big draw when you have a dominate player or team. Does anyone really watch college ball if the top four all have a loss or 2? NO we want to see an undefeated team, or 2 so we can pull for a loss if you hate the team. OR you pull for the undefeated and want to see how long they can continue to dominate. I am a redneck and NASACR was at its pinnacle when Dale Earnhardt, and Jeff Gordon were kicking tail. Love or hate them it was worth watching, now it is a group of guys who win and is boring. Everyone wants a dominate guy or team, love or hate them it makes for watchable games and sports. from ball sports to boxing to racing to swimming, the fans watch when their is a TOP DOG and the rest. Think about it, I know sports of all types peak in veiwership when you have a KING to knock off.
Never been a huge NFL guy, but I don't recall so many Dallas haters until Aikman and Smith came along. Then..Jerry Jones or one of his marketing folks created the "America's Team" nickname. Then....there was Dallas..and everybody else. Seems like folks are indifferent now. Still hating Dallas but knowing their not the same as the yearly Playoff days. So you make a point I think about why fans love or hate. Bama is a little different I think. People that hate us the most seem to be in the SEC. I just wish fans could be as decent and fairminded as most of the players are towards other school's players. Look at them congratulating each other and giving their best regards after a hardfought match like Saturday night. Ever see fans line up and do that?? Eh! Apples and Oranges I know.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Never been a huge NFL guy, but I don't recall so many Dallas haters until Aikman and Smith came along. Then..Jerry Jones or one of his marketing folks created the "America's Team" nickname. Then....there was Dallas..and everybody else. Seems like folks are indifferent now. Still hating Dallas but knowing their not the same as the yearly Playoff days. So you make a point I think about why fans love or hate. Bama is a little different I think. People that hate us the most seem to be in the SEC. I just wish fans could be as decent and fairminded as most of the players are towards other school's players. Look at them congratulating each other and giving their best regards after a hardfought match like Saturday night. Ever see fans line up and do that?? Eh! Apples and Oranges I know.

First of all Jerry Jones had nothing to do with The Cowboys being called "America's team". The term actually came from a 1978 highlight film. Second most people didn't (don't) hate Dallas because they were winning, they hate (hated) them because Jerry Jones is an awful person and a jerk. Once someone else buys the Cowboys, people will go back to liking them again.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
First of all Jerry Jones had nothing to do with The Cowboys being called "America's team". The term actually came from a 1978 highlight film.
Pretty sure it started before then. That is when it became a "thing", but I recall hearing similar terms being batted around before then. Tex Schramm was a genius when it came to promoting the Cowbags, and he was always looking for a new angle.

Second most people didn't (don't) hate Dallas because they were winning, they hate (hated) them because Jerry Jones is an awful person and a jerk. Once someone else buys the Cowboys, people will go back to liking them again.
Hated them long before Jerruh showed up. He just was another reason to continue hating them.

I'll still hate 'em, after he leaves the stage. He just makes hating them more enjoyable.

(BTW, it only took around 10 seconds, of listening to the car radio, to gather they lost on MNF. Almost made up for the hassle of dealing with a hacked credit card.)

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.