First Day of Hoops Season.....and
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

The top thread is about Teddy Valentine and the next thread has evolved into talking about how good Auburn was when they played us last year.

Pretty sad, actually.
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

2. Advertisement

Re: First Day of Hoops Season.....and

This thread was necessary.

10/10 would click again.
    Just a barner.
    Off the Gus Bus and on the Pearl Parade!

BamaNation All-American

If we were opening with a more high profile opponent then there would be more discussion. I think we all expect to win this one fairly easily just on talent difference alone. Coach probably won't run it up on his alma mater even if he could but I would expect a 20-25 point victory. It will be good to have some basketball to watch as the football season is starting to wind down.

Feel free to start a non-passive aggressive post about the opening game. I agree with the poster above, the low profile opponent is likely part of it. A post LSU beat down hangover is probably part of it too. This board doesn't typically heat up until late non-conference kicks in. You already knew that though.

BamaNation All-American

If we lose or play very badly I suspect this board would heat up VERY quickly. :-)

BamaNation All-American

It is a warmup for the tournament in Charleston next week. I hope we work some of the kinks out early and get off to strong start. We need to improve in a lot of areas to content in the SEC this year.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Once football season is over this forum will get a lot more traffic. I will only have a passing interest in this game. Probably will not watch the whole game.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Itís sad but I will still be watching. Bama basketball was always the first love.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

After reading some of the preview threads and knowing the Collin Sexton could put the team on his back for stretches last year by getting to the rim and free throw line for instant points, I'm anxious to see what kind of shooting team this one will become.

My biggest concern is we've got to have Petty, Jones and Ingram to turn into reliable scorers. That'll only happen if they've become better shooters. It's been our achilles heel for a few years now (excluding Sexton) that we haven't had great/consistent 3 point shooting.

In today's game, if you can't shoot 3's you can't keep up. I saw a clip of Duke's coach, the great Coach K talking to his roster about two things: shooting FTs and shooting 3s. He basically said everybody on our team has got to be able to shoot the uncontested 3.

I know we aren't Duke and will never be so in basketball, but I'm looking forward to seeing Coach Avery address this team's shooting develop and improvement!!! JMO, but I don't think we return to the 2nd best program in the league, as we were for years, until we show we can be a great shooting team again.
    Last edited by BamaMoon; November 6th, 2018 at 01:30 PM.

BamaNation All-American Mystical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    After reading some of the preview threads and knowing the Collin Sexton could put the team on his back for stretches last year by getting to the rim and free throw line for instant points, I'm anxious to see what kind of shooting team this one will become.

My biggest concern is we've got to have Petty, Jones and Ingram to turn into reliable scorers. That'll only happen if they've become better shooters. It's been our achilles heel for a few years now (excluding Sexton) that we haven't had great/consistent 3 point shooting.

In today's game, if you can't shoot 3's you can't keep up. I saw a clip of Duke's coach, the great Coach K talking to his roster about two things: shooting FTs and shooting 3s. He basically said everybody on our team has got to be able to shoot the uncontested 3.

I know we aren't Duke and will never be so in basketball, but I'm looking forward to seeing Coach Avery address this team's shooting develop and improvement!!! JMO, but I don't think we return to the 2nd best program in the league, as we were for years, until we show we can be a great shooting team again.
    Also the league has changed since we were the 2nd best team in the league. I think top 4 year in and year out is reasonable though.
    WHERE EVER YOU GO, YOU TAKE YOURSELF WITH YOU

BamaNation All-SEC

I'm totally excited about this season. We have a chance to really do some great things if we gel as a team early ... but honestly I won't be full into it until the tournament in Charleston starts like another poster mentioned. These games with Southern and Montevello feel like preseason IMO

I'll be in fully when the competition ramps up more.

With that being said ... BUCKLEUP!!! lol

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Is tonightís game on TV (Direct TV channel #?) or streaming anywhere?
    Last edited by CrimsonForce; November 6th, 2018 at 07:31 PM.

BamaNation All-American beatthemtigers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    Is tonight’s game on TV or streaming anywhere?
    Watch espn has it