First Day of Hoops Season.....and

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Had a good showing in Maui. Finished third. Three blue bloods in three days. Two wins with a close loss to Duke sandwiched in between. The ceiling for this team when Purifoy returns is insane.

Wish we had managed to reel in Justin Coleman. He balled out for Arizona last night. Just about everything he threw up found the bucket. Developed a ton since his time in Tuscaloosa.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Had a good showing in Maui. Finished third. Three blue bloods in three days. Two wins with a close loss to Duke sandwiched in between. The ceiling for this team when Purifoy returns is insane.

Wish we had managed to reel in Justin Coleman. He balled out for Arizona last night. Just about everything he threw up found the bucket. Developed a ton since his time in Tuscaloosa.
I caught the last 10 minutes of the AU-Duke game and was impressed with AU because they were going toe-to-toe with Duke at that point. I agree that AU is potentially a elite 8 type of team with Purifoy back in the lineup and assuming no injuries.

Coleman would have helped us if he had stuck around. I never heard the reason behind his transfer and I assume it was due to signing Sexton and Dazon already ahead of him on the depth chart. However he showed flashes and with the number of players that get minutes in CAJ's system along with the various combinations of players he plays Justin could have helped us a lot the past couple of seasons.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
I caught the last 10 minutes of the AU-Duke game and was impressed with AU because they were going toe-to-toe with Duke at that point. I agree that AU is potentially a elite 8 type of team with Purifoy back in the lineup and assuming no injuries.
Don't think Duke has faced anyone that defends like us. Consistently kept Zion Williamson from taking over and thundering home his trademark dunks and kept it within striking distance through most of the game with Harper's shooting and ball management. Racked up a ton of fouls in the process though. 25 FT disparity. There was a stretch where so much as breathing on them when they drove was getting called . Whatever.

Hopefully Purifoy allows us to take that next step when he gets back out there and knocks off the rust. Happy with Wiley's play now that he's got a few games in. He's getting better.

Coleman would have helped us if he had stuck around. I never heard the reason behind his transfer and I assume it was due to signing Sexton and Dazon already ahead of him on the depth chart. However he showed flashes and with the number of players that get minutes in CAJ's system along with the various combinations of players he plays Justin could have helped us a lot the past couple of seasons.
Could only imagine him getting Junior's minutes. He was so good.

Coleman's and that Randolph kid's shooting kept it close until the closing minutes. They were ridiculous from three. Randolph's 4th allowed us to go on a run and take control, and by the time they got him back out there to attempt to shoot their way back into it, it was too little too late.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
hey Dub, why isnt Wiley starting. Figured the first game was due to rust. Curious to see how Purifoy gels with the team. He never got right after the injury. And he's gotta be rusty. As far as Bama goes, I dont think we're quite set on our starting lineup. And goodness, Hall needs to hit the boards

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
hey Dub, why isnt Wiley starting. Figured the first game was due to rust.
With Wiley, it's going to be a 1A and 1B thing with Anfernee. And it should be. Wiley is still not completely in game shape and continues working off some rust, and both have a lot to bring to the table. Anfernee, despite being undersized, is the perfect 5 for Bruce’s system; a hyper aggressive rim protector that excels in pick and roll situations and can step out and hit the occasional shot from the perimeter.

That being said, Wiley is making huge strides and don’t be surprised if he’s 1A within a few weeks.
Curious to see how Purifoy gels with the team. He never got right after the injury. And he's gotta be rusty.
Think he’ll gel fine. Probably a step down from Doughty on the defensive end, who will probably slide to combo guard with his return, but an absolute step up on offense. There will be some rust. Just hope he knocks it off as quickly as Wiley is.
As far as Bama goes, I dont think we're quite set on our starting lineup. And goodness, Hall needs to hit the boards
Know that feel, bro. Hopefully, Hall will return to form. You’ll need him to.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.