Maywood Teacher Arrested After Punching Student In Class

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Kid deserved it. I'm sad it stopped. If you're going to write checks with a smart mouth, you better have the donkey to back it up. There's too much disrespect in this world right now.
No doubt - the little punk deserved it. But unfortunately - the teacher had a responsibility to his profession to use alternative methods to deal with the situation.

He's in hot water now.
Doesn't look like the kid got seriously injured - which is a good thing for the teacher legally.

I have no doubt the teacher gets fired but not sure about losing his teaching certification or any legal charges. I bet the kid's family doesn't file charges, but we'll see.

Glad the Gofundme was set up for him. He'll need the money for attorney fees.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
No doubt - the little punk deserved it. But unfortunately - the teacher had a responsibility to his profession to use alternative methods to deal with the situation.

He's in hot water now.
Doesn't look like the kid got seriously injured - which is a good thing for the teacher legally.

I have no doubt the teacher gets fired but not sure about losing his teaching certification or any legal charges. I bet the kid's family doesn't file charges, but we'll see.

That is alternative methods the way they discipline nowadays.

I can almost promise you one thing: he won't do it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
He's in hot water now.
I feel like you have to fire him; but if I was on the board, I would listen all day and night to anyone trying to convince me otherwise.

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
Having spent the last 20 years in a high school, I believe that teacher assaulted that student. There is no circumstance where a kids words deserve a physical assault. I've been called every name in the book, threatened, had my classroom trashed including defacating and urinating in the floor (go central falcons!). I have been so mad that I couldn't speak. Never have I come close to touching a kid.

Dont get me wrong, there are definitely times I've wanted to do exactly what this dude did. But when a kid is in your classroom, it is your job to protect them and keep them safe. Not bust them in the jaw. You have to have more control.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Having spent the last 20 years in a high school, I believe that teacher assaulted that student. There is no circumstance where a kids words deserve a physical assault. I've been called every name in the book, threatened, had my classroom trashed including defacating and urinating in the floor (go central falcons!). I have been so mad that I couldn't speak. Never have I come close to touching a kid.
Dont get me wrong, there are definitely times I've wanted to do exactly what this dude did. But when a kid is in your classroom, it is your job to protect them and keep them safe. Not bust them in the jaw. You have to have more control.
I agree 100%.

That said, don't think there aren't many who are behind this teacher, even though he should have used more restraint.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He should've used some restraint and immediately called in the administration to remove the kid. That kids on the fast lane to a life sentence with that mouth. No reason to put yourself in prison over him.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
But hey, if the teachers had guns that kid would probably be six feet under right now but I guess that would save some taxpayer's money on his inevitable lifetime in prison.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Kid talked like a man, so he got treated like a man. I'm not going to tell any Black Americans how to react to someone a third of their age throwing that word at them.

You get what you get and you don't pitch a fit.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
A teacher should never resort to something like this.

The kid probably deserved a beatdown, and I wouldn't quarrel with one of his peers giving him a lesson, but not a person in a position of authority.
Peers? Lol, they were filming the interaction for humor. Parents? If they had done this already it wouldn't have come to this. It's no coincidence that it's a teacher from a few generations removed that lit him up. I only hope the kids in that classroom learn that eventually somebody is going to check your disrespect.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Kid deserved it. I'm sad it stopped. If you're going to write checks with a smart mouth, you better have the donkey to back it up. There's too much disrespect in this world right now.

A teacher is a paid professional. He is not supposed to get caught up in childishness. He should go to jail for a long time.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Teachers. Don't. Get. To. Punch. Students.
People. Can't. Totally. Disrespect. Others. Without. Consequences.

What part of that interaction looked like teacher/student? Kid was banking on fear of losing his job keeping that man from doing what he did. There is always a line and that kid crossed it. Could've been worse, could've been somewhere and someone that didn't get stopped.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
People. Can't. Totally. Disrespect. Others. Without. Consequences.

What part of that interaction looked like teacher/student? Kid was banking on fear of losing his job keeping that man from doing what he did. There is always a line and that kid crossed it. Could've been worse, could've been somewhere and someone that didn't get stopped.
See my previous post. You can explain it away as much as you want but it is as simple as that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.