Alabama could do something never done before this season - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Alabama could do something never done before this season

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    Has a team ever won every game by at least 20 or at least 10?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_N..._football_team

In 1995, Nebraska's closest game was a 14 point win vs. Washington State. Its next closest game was 23 points, I believe.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team

Bit of a teaser title you have there

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by mdb-tpet View Post
    Well, there's a whole bunch of football still to play (by your count, up to 5 more games). I think we still have to play the game this week, don't we? Or are we going to be crowned national champion mid season? :0)

Every year in November a bunch of strange things happen as teams have injuries, teams figure out other team's weaknesses, and balls bounce funny sometimes. I'll count the wins after they happen. All I can say, is whatever everyone thinks WILL happen, WILL NOT happen exactly the way everyone expects.
    I get that, just saying so far no one in this CFP has gone 15-0 so it is still a possibility to be the first to do so. That was all I was saying, I get we still have to win em all.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by gumptider View Post
    Bit of a teaser title you have there
    I know but I could not get to the point in that one line. I know teasers are taboo, sorry if I broke the rule. Just trying to say this could be a season of more than a few firsts.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RT27 View Post
    I know but I could not get to the point in that one line. I know teasers are taboo, sorry if I broke the rule. Just trying to say this could be a season of more than a few firsts.
    It's teaser-lite -- but it passes the smell test with me....
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Speaking of Santa Clara, that has to be the WORST venues for a game of this magnitude.
    I agree. The folks who run the playoff seem to want to incorporate NFL venues along with the typical bowl game sites, plus they want to move it around the country so they don't get accused of regional bias. But for a January game, they ought to consider indoor venues only, other than perhaps in Miami and Southern California where it never gets cold; even Tampa a couple of years ago was pretty raw. Here's a rundown of the Championship and semi-final sites for the next several years:

2018 season - Santa Clara, CA (semis in Dallas and Miami)
    2019 season - New Orleans (semis in Arizona and Atlanta)
    2020 season - Miami (semis in Pasadena and New Orleans)
    2021 season - Indianapolis (semis in Dallas and Miami)
    2022 season - Los Angeles (semis in Arizona and Atlanta)
    2023 season - Houston (semis in Pasadena and New Orleans)
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

BamaNation All-SEC

National Title should be played in a LARGE stadium indoors so weather is not an issue. If NFL is so big and such a money maker why are the stadiums so small in seating capacity? Bama should never play a NC game in a stadium with less than 100,000 seats. I mean we got fans who want to see the game live so why limit seating? The largest capacity stadiums are all college venues. We should play in those, and only in ones that the teams who own them never get to NC LOL. I think Tenn Mich etc would be good places, not like they will see a NC anytime soon LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/sa...onyr=1/01/2019

Looks like temps in Santa Clara are in the 40s at night in January......
    Donít forget. Kickoff is going to be much earlier than if the game was on the east coast. Maybe 5:30 pacific time. Game should be over by 10:30 pm local time. No 1 am finish like the past two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RT27 View Post
    National Title should be played in a LARGE stadium indoors so weather is not an issue. If NFL is so big and such a money maker why are the stadiums so small in seating capacity? Bama should never play a NC game in a stadium with less than 100,000 seats. I mean we got fans who want to see the game live so why limit seating? The largest capacity stadiums are all college venues. We should play in those, and only in ones that the teams who own them never get to NC LOL. I think Tenn Mich etc would be good places, not like they will see a NC anytime soon LOL
    The largest college stadiums aren't indoors.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar

Well the 1894 Yale Bulldogs went 16-0. I wish we could see those two teams play. They were anchored by the 4x All-American 5í9 155lb Frank Hinkey. During his 4 years Yale went 52-1. That would certainly be a good matchup. **blue font**

BamaNation Hall of Fame cbi1972's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJama17 View Post
    Well the 1894 Yale Bulldogs went 16-0. I wish we could see those two teams play. They were anchored by the 4x All-American 5’9 155lb Frank Hinkey. During his 4 years Yale went 52-1. That would certainly be a good matchup. **blue font**
    The scatback linemen era.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere
    "When a loaf of bread looks like a banquet, I've no right buying tobacco. " - Grandpa Joe