Reporter - who claimed Tua Tagovailoa ‘overrated,’ compared him to Tim Tebow - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Re: Reporter - who claimed Tua Tagovailoa ‘overrated,’ compared him to Tim Tebow

Quote Originally Posted by RammerJammer15 View Post
    People are talking about their NFL teams tanking for Tua in 2020 and it’s still 2018. That’s how special he is. He’s like that Zion Williamson kid at Duke, he could do damage in the league now if he was allowed to do so.
    That kid is the truth!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Reporter - who claimed Tua Tagovailoa ‘overrated,’ compared him to Tim Tebow

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    He's an idiot. Throwing motion is no where near the same. Tua absolutely does not lock onto receivers, thus giving the opponent's DBs nightmares...

BamaNation All-American

All I can say is look at the stat sheet, completions vs throws, deep throws short etc. TD to INT ratio. Tua is as good a college QB as there has been in my lifetime, and I am pretty old. How it translates to NFL only timewill tell. His ability to read a defense and make fast decisions is superior to 95% of the QB's who played in the last 40 yrs. Tebow was good college QB like Mansiel and neither could touch Tua. OH and he has 1 title and working towards 2 and may get 3.

See if you can find any example of Tua's release with the ball in this position...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

This dude is beyond ridiculous - which was probably his goal. Tebow only wishes he could make some of the throws Tua has made this year.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    See if you can find any example of Tua's release with the ball in this position...
    He did one time, when going down, he completed the pass for a first down LOL

For the 'writer':

Attached Images Attached Images
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation All-American Snuffy Smith's Avatar

So we are to believe some maroon who probably never played a down of football outside the backyard over people like Danielson & Dilfer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy Smith View Post
    So we are to believe some maroon who probably never played a down of football outside the backyard over people like Danielson & Dilfer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's one of many reasons there's so much rift between coaches and players and sports writers. Most of them never played competitive sports in their lives.

BamaNation All-American

This is as crazy as some who say Saban is over rated and over paid. Just look at the numbers, nuff said.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by RT27 View Post
    This is as crazy as some who say Saban is over rated and over paid. Just look at the numbers, nuff said.
    At least "overpaid" is a 100% qualitative and subjective assessment. Throwing motion analysis and his ability to read defenses post-snap are quantitative and this guy's opinion is verifiably wrong.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Hall of Fame RammerJammer14's Avatar

Lol what is this cat smoking. Tua has the quickest release of any QB I have ever seen. He throws lasers to receivers in stride almost every pass. This dude has invented some alternate reality QB to complain about.
    -Why's it us Sergeant? Why us?
    -Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us.

-"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
    -"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

LOL - fans of several NFL teams want their team to sandbag this year and next year to get Tua. This guy has to have an agenda. No way he really believes that tripe.