Reporter - who claimed Tua Tagovailoa ‘overrated,’ compared him to Tim Tebow
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Reporter - who claimed Tua Tagovailoa ‘overrated,’ compared him to Tim Tebow

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2...rt_river_index

In fact, he said he first made the Tebow reference during last year’s championship game.
    “I think he looks like him,” Giglio said of Tagovailoa. “I think he is a better quarterback and a better thrower. But, he’s left-handed, his size, his ability to run, the way he throws the ball. I think he has a long motion like Tebow did. I think he locks in on a receiver. I kind of saw Tebow in the national title game (against Georgia).”
    A pass to Henry Ruggs on Saturday against LSU confirmed his belief, Giglio said.
    "CBS put up the graphic that Nick Saban’s Alabama teams have had a player drafted in the first round at every position except quarterback. The assumption in the conversation is that Tua would be that guy in a couple of years. I just started thinking about all the talent they have there, and they have finally started throwing the football and a wide-open offense.
    “I think he’s good. I think he gets a lot of help from a great team and athletes around him.”
    When asked why Jalen Hurts hasn’t performed with similar stats if it is because of talent around him, Giglio said Hurts “isn’t a quarterback.”
    It’s not that Giglio thinks Tagovailoa will go undrafted. He just tempers the expectations.
    “I don’t see the arm. I don’t see the wind up. He doesn’t look like an NFL quarterback to me,” he said. "It wouldn’t surprise me if he is a first-round pick. He’s going to end have an amazing college career. Tebow was a first-round pick, and he’s better than Tebow, but Tebow was a first-round pick.
    "Based on what I’ve seen, unless he improves a lot, I’d be surprised if he dominates on Sundays like he does on Saturdays."
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

2. Advertisement
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Re: Reporter - who claimed Tua Tagovailoa ‘overrated,’ compared him to Tim Tebow

His throwing motion is NOTHING like Tebows. Nowhere near as long and deliberate. He has a very quick release and the ball gets down and across the field in a hurry.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Reporter - who claimed Tua Tagovailoa ‘overrated,’ compared him to Tim Tebow

Good Lord it took Tebow 2 weeks to wind up and throw.

BamaNation All-SEC

That "reporter" should go and read Trent Dilfer's analysis of Tua. To compare Tua to Tebow is so ignorant that I'm going to stop typing right now.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar

So are we gonna believe this reporter or all the former qb’s that gush over Tua?

My uneducated eyes say Tua is the real deal.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Dude is seeing a left handed QB and glossing over every thing else. Other than that, he is nothing like Tebow. Frankly, Tebow was a mini-tank playing QB, with an arm good enough to get by. It was him who was made to look better because he was surrounded by a ridiculous amount of talent in college.

Don't get me wrong. Tebow was a fantastic all-around QB at the collegiate level, and it takes great talent surrounding any QB. None of the greats became great while being surrounded by mediocrity. But the only thing that is going to potentially be an issue for Tua and an NFL career is size, yet QBs shorter than him have had excellent careers.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

He's a better passer than Tim Tebow could ever hope to be. This guy is smoking the crack pipe or just wanting to be that guy.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

I couldn't care less about:
    1- what this reporter thinks of Tua, and
    2- whether Tua is a massive success in the NFL.

I wish Tua the best, but once Bama players leave Bama, I don't follow them anymore. Just don't care about the NFL.

That said, this reporter is a moron if he thinks Tua's and Tebow's throwing motions are remotely similar.
    Last edited by crimsonaudio; November 7th, 2018 at 01:34 PM.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    I couldn't care less about:
    1- what this reporter thinks of Tua, and
    2- whether Tua is a massive success in the NFL.

I wish Tua the best, but once Bama players leave Bama, I don't follow them anymore. Just don't care about the NFL.

That said, this reporter is a moron if he thinks Tua's and Tebow's throwing motions are remotely similar.
    I’m with you on this. I wish them nothing but success in the league and them being there certainly helps with with recruiting.

This “reporter” is as blind as.... um....

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    He's a better passer than Tim Tebow could ever hope to be. This guy is smoking the crack pipe or just wanting to be that guy.
    Yep. Someone wanting attention, a la Clay Travis.

BamaNation All-American tusks_n_raider's Avatar

What a freaking imbecile. I can't believe someone is actually THIS stupid.

I'm not even going to go into detail with how wrong he is because all of it is obvious.

I'll just say when even our Rivals and Haters are blown away by the GREATNESS of Tua and like him in spite of hating our team..... that tells you how Phenomenal he is at QB.

He completely transcends Bias and has been universally praised.....

Except by this moronic contrarian.

BamaNation All-American RammerJammer15's Avatar

People are talking about their NFL teams tanking for Tua in 2020 and it’s still 2018. That’s how special he is. He’s like that Zion Williamson kid at Duke, he could do damage in the league now if he was allowed to do so.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar

Tua locks in on one receiver? What. The.

Tua is known for going through his progressions and distributing among four, five, six receivers. This man is a stupid-head.
    Last edited by Bodhisattva; November 8th, 2018 at 03:22 PM. Reason: typo
    Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)