News Article: Bama fan beaten in bar fight after LSU game, dies in hospital Tuesday - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC TriCountyTider's Avatar

Re: Bama fan beaten in bar fight after LSU game, dies in hospital Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Whatever, dude. When I posted that it was not clear what happened. But you just go ahead and rant without reading the whole thread if it makes you feel better. SMH
    I won't argue with you. I said what I wanted to say. Even without the whole story, a guy was beaten to death. Anyone with logic would naturally think if the beating was that bad, whatever, if any threat was there, was no longer there before it got to the point it reached this severity. Even before more details were reached, it was safe to say any threat was neutralized. And I wasn't attacking you as a person in any way. I was just saying. It went too far in any circumstance. So, with everything said, I apologise if I came off as attacking you. Didn't mean it in that manner.

Edit: Also apologise for replying before reading your other posts on the subject.
    Last edited by TriCountyTider; November 8th, 2018 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Add

2. Advertisement

I've also wondered since I first heard about this, did this place not have bouncers or anyone to break it up before it got this bad?

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TriCountyTider View Post
    I've also wondered since I first heard about this, did this place not have bouncers or anyone to break it up before it got this bad?
    IFIRC, they had already bounced the niece and were bouncing the cousin (who caused the confrontation) when the guy was sucker punched.

Quote Originally Posted by ALA2262 View Post
    IFIRC, they had already bounced the niece and were bouncing the cousin (who caused the confrontation) when the guy was sucker punched.
    Thank you for clarifying.

BamaNation First Team

Wonder what those two guys were thinking when the firefighter was trying to revive the guy.

BamaNation Hall of Fame RammerJammer14's Avatar

I was kind of wondering if the victim was a tidefans member, being a huge Bama fan and all.
    -Why's it us Sergeant? Why us?
    -Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us.

-"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
    -"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Quote Originally Posted by RammerJammer14 View Post
    I was kind of wondering if the victim was a tidefans member, being a huge Bama fan and all.
    There's no way to cross reference an actual name vs membership here (we do a value one's anonymity), but the only sports page he liked on his FB page was the TideFans FB page.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Quote Originally Posted by TUSCALOOSAHONOR View Post
    Wonder what those two guys were thinking when the firefighter was trying to revive the guy.
    Not sure there was a lot of thinking going on between those two.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Not sure there was a lot of thinking going on between those two.
    One of them has a smirk on his face in his mug shot. I doubt he cares.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation All-American Intl.Aperture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    There's no way to cross reference an actual name vs membership here (we do a value one's anonymity), but the only sports page he liked on his FB page was the TideFans FB page.
    “And what's strange, what would be marvelous, is not that God should really exist; the marvel is that such an idea, the idea of the necessity of God, could enter the head of such a savage, vicious beast as man.”
    - Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

BamaNation Second Team

Alcohol, emotion, and testosterone make a dangerous cocktail. It is why I don't drink in bars. Don't get me wrong, I love a good bourbon, but I like being in control of my surroundings as much as possible. I had a distant uncle-in-law who was killed many years ago in a bar called the Fuzzy Duck in Gadsden, Al. Common scenario: words were exchanged, shoved each other, uncle punched the guy who immediately breaks a cue stick over his head. The doctors were never sure if the cue stick blow killed him or him hitting his head when he collapsed. Either way he was tagged on the toe dead before he got to the hospital.

Prayers to all families involved. Life changing event for everyone.

BamaNation All-American Padreruf's Avatar

You nailed it...when you are out in public you are at the mercy of any and every idiot. Remember, the gene pool is at an all time low...and the tide does not seem to be coming back any time soon.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by Bama 8Ball View Post
    Alcohol, emotion, and testosterone make a dangerous cocktail. It is why I don't drink in bars. Don't get me wrong, I love a good bourbon, but I like being in control of my surroundings as much as possible. I had a distant uncle-in-law who was killed many years ago in a bar called the Fuzzy Duck in Gadsden, Al. Common scenario: words were exchanged, shoved each other, uncle punched the guy who immediately breaks a cue stick over his head. The doctors were never sure if the cue stick blow killed him or him hitting his head when he collapsed. Either way he was tagged on the toe dead before he got to the hospital.

Prayers to all families involved. Life changing event for everyone.
    HERE! HERE! I am the same way. I LOVE good bourbon as much as the next bourbon fan, but more importantly, I like to be in control of my surroundings. I wasn't a bar fly in college or HS but frequented enough of them to learn the unfortunate things that commonly happen in a bar. When you mix alcohol with people's problems, their women and their testosterone, and put them under the same roof. It's a recipe for disaster. It's why when I decide to "drink". I do it at home, beside my smoker full of ribs, pork butt and sausage. ROLL TIDE!!!!
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon