News Article: Bama fan beaten in bar fight after LSU game, dies in hospital Tuesday

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Bama 8Ball

1st Team
Oct 10, 2018
Too Far North
Alcohol, emotion, and testosterone make a dangerous cocktail. It is why I don't drink in bars. Don't get me wrong, I love a good bourbon, but I like being in control of my surroundings as much as possible. I had a distant uncle-in-law who was killed many years ago in a bar called the Fuzzy Duck in Gadsden, Al. Common scenario: words were exchanged, shoved each other, uncle punched the guy who immediately breaks a cue stick over his head. The doctors were never sure if the cue stick blow killed him or him hitting his head when he collapsed. Either way he was tagged on the toe dead before he got to the hospital.

Prayers to all families involved. Life changing event for everyone.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
You nailed it...when you are out in public you are at the mercy of any and every idiot. Remember, the gene pool is at an all time low...and the tide does not seem to be coming back any time soon.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Alcohol, emotion, and testosterone make a dangerous cocktail. It is why I don't drink in bars. Don't get me wrong, I love a good bourbon, but I like being in control of my surroundings as much as possible. I had a distant uncle-in-law who was killed many years ago in a bar called the Fuzzy Duck in Gadsden, Al. Common scenario: words were exchanged, shoved each other, uncle punched the guy who immediately breaks a cue stick over his head. The doctors were never sure if the cue stick blow killed him or him hitting his head when he collapsed. Either way he was tagged on the toe dead before he got to the hospital.

Prayers to all families involved. Life changing event for everyone.
HERE! HERE! I am the same way. I LOVE good bourbon as much as the next bourbon fan, but more importantly, I like to be in control of my surroundings. I wasn't a bar fly in college or HS but frequented enough of them to learn the unfortunate things that commonly happen in a bar. When you mix alcohol with people's problems, their women and their testosterone, and put them under the same roof. It's a recipe for disaster. It's why when I decide to "drink". I do it at home, beside my smoker full of ribs, pork butt and sausage. ROLL TIDE!!!!

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
University of Alabama affinity license plate and a script "A" The rear end of which was bashed. Obviously intentional because of those items.
This is very common at LSU away games. Has happened to me and others I know. Never happened at any other venues.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
I will never, ever go to a game in Baton Rouge. Not just because of this one incident but because of how nasty they can get. Especially after having a chance to get liquored up all day and into the evening. To me it just ain't worth the trouble.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
HERE! HERE! I am the same way. I LOVE good bourbon as much as the next bourbon fan, but more importantly, I like to be in control of my surroundings. I wasn't a bar fly in college or HS but frequented enough of them to learn the unfortunate things that commonly happen in a bar. When you mix alcohol with people's problems, their women and their testosterone, and put them under the same roof. It's a recipe for disaster. It's why when I decide to "drink". I do it at home, beside my smoker full of ribs, pork butt and sausage. ROLL TIDE!!!!
Spent many years in bars before and between marriages, witnessed only a few disturbances (only involved in one) because I frequented places that generally catered to a less rowdy class of individual. Alcohol can still overcome anyone’s natural proclivities to be amicable and easy going, especially when college football games are involved. Leaving out the female variable in the equation, the reason I quit watching games in bars (last was MSU in 2000, I think) was because I’d get too emotionally involved and I could see bad things happening if Bama lost and a rival fan started with the over the top smack (something I have never done in my life post game - ever).
Have no idea of the actual story with this guy; I was going to contribute for his funeral expenses but I couldn’t find a Go Fund Me setup; only option was through Facebook and I’m not going back there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
I was in a bar in 92 watching the Bama vs Miami game. Didn't run my mouth and by the end of the game everyone was giving Bama props. Of course it helped I frequented the bar so people knew me. I've learned through the years that you can make more friends being a good sport.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.