CFN: Mississippi State vs. Alabama Fearless Prediction, Game Preview - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: CFN: Mississippi State vs. Alabama Fearless Prediction, Game Preview

I think the defense has a lot of momentum going into this game, so I don't see a letdown there. Stop Fitzgerald and you shut down their offense.

Tua and company won't have a letdown. They just have too much fun out there.

Bama wins big.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    I can tell you right now if the Nick Fitzgerald that I've seen for most of the year (in the passing game) shows up Saturday. We will hang a goose egg on State just like we did the Who's. I watched him against LSU and the guy struggles at the forward passing thing. It was atrocious.
    I hope we can pick off a couple of passes and maybe turn them into NOTs this week. I really like what Alabama's secondary did last week. They almost picked off a couple against LSU.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by mlh View Post
    I think the defense has a lot of momentum going into this game, so I don't see a letdown there. Stop Fitzgerald and you shut down their offense.

Tua and company won't have a letdown. They just have too much fun out there.

Bama wins big.
    yes! it is clear that it is necessary to stop the QB run option but that is a bit of a task on this 245 pound QB. He hasn't shown that he is accurate enough to win throwing the ball. Stop the run shut down their offense. On the offensive side my main question has been... Can we handle the aggressive rush off the edges and create some explosive running plays and throws downfield? Their defensive numbers are impressive but hopefully they just haven't seen anyone like Tua or Jeudy/Ruggs!

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by UAH View Post
    yes! it is clear that it is necessary to stop the QB run option but that is a bit of a task on this 245 pound QB. He hasn't shown that he is accurate enough to win throwing the ball. Stop the run shut down their offense. On the offensive side my main question has been... Can we handle the aggressive rush off the edges and create some explosive running plays and throws downfield? Their defensive numbers are impressive but hopefully they just haven't seen anyone like Tua or Jeudy/Ruggs!
    They are very aggressive off the edges. I wouldn't be surprised to see some RB screens, WR slants and WR/TE screens early on to slow them down. They are prime to get burnt on a few of those. Sweat (#9) doesn't even slow down to bother to see if it's a run or pass. This cat is full throttle to the quarterback every play. We can take advantage of his over zealousness.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

No doubt State's defense is good...but this being a home game might make all the difference.

On our first drive against LSU, their "11th man" (has Danielson kept saying thinking he was being cute) really did make a huge difference. I think we had three plays in a row where we were discombobulated and confused and the crowd noise was the key factor. We had not really had to deal with that kind of environment. To their credit LSU kept it respectable but if we score a TD on that first drive, it could have just deflated them and we could have run them off the field in the first quarter. But, to their defense and crowd's credit, that really helped LSU.

MSU won't have that same benefit Saturday at BDS!

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar

We are physically a little beat up, but this was not your typical "emotional" game over LSU. I thought we were very even-keel for most of that game and I would bet we were business as usual during the week prior.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    CFN: Mississippi State vs. Alabama Fearless Prediction, Game Preview

I don't think it will be as close as Fiutak believes, but I'll take it!
    After watching MSU a couple of times against lesser talent...
    My guess is a little more generous for us.
    42-10
    I don't see em stopping our passing game. nor our rushing attack.

MSU will try to play physical, but they can't stop us.
    My hope is that MSU doesn't resort to Dirty Play like LSU did.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption22 View Post
    We are physically a little beat up, but this was not your typical "emotional" game over LSU. I thought we were very even-keel for most of that game and I would bet we were business as usual during the week prior.
    Yeah, I don't feel like we're as taxed this go 'round as we have been in the past coming off this game. We're nicked up, no doubt, but by half time I was convinced LSU couldn't move the ball on them and my guess is our boys thought the same thing. They played very relaxed and it showed. The good thing is MSU's offense isn't much better than LSU's, IMO. So it's not like we're having to face a Johnny Manziel type passer. Nick Fitzgerald couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.
    Last edited by Bamabuzzard; November 8th, 2018 at 01:07 PM.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation All-SEC

Yeah, I don't feel like we're as taxed this go 'round as we have been in the past coming off this game. We're nicked up, no doubt, but by half time I was convinced LSU couldn't move the ball on them and my guess is our boys thought the same thing. They played very relaxed and it showed. The good thing is MSU's offense isn't much better than LSU's, IMO. So it's not like we're having to face a Johnny Manziel type passer. Nick Fitzgerald couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.
    Playing against Fitzgerald will give us good practice for when we have to play Justin Fields of UGA in the SECCG. Basically the same player.

BamaNation All-SEC

They are very aggressive off the edges. I wouldn't be surprised to see some RB screens, WR slants and WR/TE screens early on to slow them down. They are prime to get burnt on a few of those. Sweat (#9) doesn't even slow down to bother to see if it's a run or pass. This cat is full throttle to the quarterback every play. We can take advantage of his over zealousness.
    Alabama's lines of scrimmage will be tested more physically this week than they were last week. LSU dosen't have the vintage linemen and running backs of recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMan09 View Post
    Alabama's lines of scrimmage will be tested more physically this week than they were last week. LSU dosen't have the vintage linemen and running backs of recent years.
    Maybe so, but if we're able to strike early and get out to a 17-21 pt lead it drastically changes the "tone" of the game. Strike fast and hard and I can promise you even the Miss St coaching staff starts preparing for the following week.

BamaNation All-American

Bama, was 14 pt favorite vs LSU on the road won by 29, just more than double it. Bama 25 pt favorite at home against Miss St, so I see it 45-3

BamaNation All-SEC

Maybe so, but if we're able to strike early and get out to a 17-21 pt lead it drastically changes the "tone" of the game. Strike fast and hard and I can promise you even the Miss St coaching staff starts preparing for the following week.
    If we can put up 31 points against them on the road last year with Jalen starting then we should be able to score at least that many at home with Tua. At least that's my hope.