CFN: Mississippi State vs. Alabama Fearless Prediction, Game Preview

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
We are physically a little beat up, but this was not your typical "emotional" game over LSU. I thought we were very even-keel for most of that game and I would bet we were business as usual during the week prior.
Yeah, I don't feel like we're as taxed this go 'round as we have been in the past coming off this game. We're nicked up, no doubt, but by half time I was convinced LSU couldn't move the ball on them and my guess is our boys thought the same thing. They played very relaxed and it showed. The good thing is MSU's offense isn't much better than LSU's, IMO. So it's not like we're having to face a Johnny Manziel type passer. Nick Fitzgerald couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

Last edited:

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Yeah, I don't feel like we're as taxed this go 'round as we have been in the past coming off this game. We're nicked up, no doubt, but by half time I was convinced LSU couldn't move the ball on them and my guess is our boys thought the same thing. They played very relaxed and it showed. The good thing is MSU's offense isn't much better than LSU's, IMO. So it's not like we're having to face a Johnny Manziel type passer. Nick Fitzgerald couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.
Playing against Fitzgerald will give us good practice for when we have to play Justin Fields of UGA in the SECCG. Basically the same player.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
They are very aggressive off the edges. I wouldn't be surprised to see some RB screens, WR slants and WR/TE screens early on to slow them down. They are prime to get burnt on a few of those. Sweat (#9) doesn't even slow down to bother to see if it's a run or pass. This cat is full throttle to the quarterback every play. We can take advantage of his over zealousness.
Alabama's lines of scrimmage will be tested more physically this week than they were last week. LSU dosen't have the vintage linemen and running backs of recent years.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Alabama's lines of scrimmage will be tested more physically this week than they were last week. LSU dosen't have the vintage linemen and running backs of recent years.
Maybe so, but if we're able to strike early and get out to a 17-21 pt lead it drastically changes the "tone" of the game. Strike fast and hard and I can promise you even the Miss St coaching staff starts preparing for the following week.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Bama, was 14 pt favorite vs LSU on the road won by 29, just more than double it. Bama 25 pt favorite at home against Miss St, so I see it 45-3

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Maybe so, but if we're able to strike early and get out to a 17-21 pt lead it drastically changes the "tone" of the game. Strike fast and hard and I can promise you even the Miss St coaching staff starts preparing for the following week.
If we can put up 31 points against them on the road last year with Jalen starting then we should be able to score at least that many at home with Tua. At least that's my hope.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
We’re banged up enough on offense to affect our scoring. I just hope we can keep Tua clean and protect that knee.

As far as I know, we’re reasonably healthy on defense. And the Bullies are even more one-dimensional than LSU, and not as talented. So I think they have real trouble moving the ball.

I just don’t see them scoring against our 1st D unless we help them. I say 28-10. I would have said 31-10, but that would require us to kick a FG.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
MSU ran for almost 180 yds last year and I think our front seven has been challenged this week to play more physical than they did last year. I expect a real good defensive performance. MSU's D is really talented also and don't see us scoring 40+ but see us covering and winning comfortably.

We were really, REALLY beat up last year on defense. Can't say that this year.
MSU ran for almost 180 yds last year and I think our front seven has been challenged this week to play more physical than they did last year. I expect a real good defensive performance. MSU's D is really talented also and don't see us scoring 40+ but see us covering and winning comfortably.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
My main concern is that our O Line must protect Tua. I doubt Jalen will be ready to play. Bama does not need any injuries in the game either... it will be very physical just like the LSU game. I hope Miss State won't play dirty like LSU either.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
My main concern is that our O Line must protect Tua. I doubt Jalen will be ready to play. Bama does not need any injuries in the game either... it will be very physical just like the LSU game. I hope Miss State won't play dirty like LSU either.
Protecting Tua is very important, but if MSU starts dirty play, it will be time for Bama to start playing extra physical and to continue to pound away at them..............I expect every team Bama plays from here on out taking some cheap shots

I'd take that score.................just win with no injuries, and rest next week

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Did anyone notice KY had more than 200 yds RUSHING against MSU? Who really believes their running game is better than Bama’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Did anyone notice KY had more than 200 yds RUSHING against MSU? Who really believes their running game is better than Bama’s?

I think Bama's running game is much better...............that same running game that ran against MSU got basically shut down by UGA's defense.........I think Bama can run on them, as they ran on LSU, but it will be pass/run........

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Maybe I just don't get it but I do not think Miss St's QB is all that good. Yes, he can run and occasionally he can throw a pass or two, but he can't wipe Tua's boots. The Tide D will take care of any runs by the QB and our wideouts, despite some recent injuries, will do very well. I don't expect this to be a tough game at all.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
They ran the ball 47 times.
Well, they really have no passing game so that’s not a surprise.
But - who won the game? What was the score? KY scored 14 in the fourth and State couldn’t do anything. They were probably worn out, and with no offense to help them out, I see a pattern. Against teams with good defenses State flounders, and I think they get stuffed Saturday.
Actually, I like stuffed flounder...[emoji41]

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Well, they really have no passing game so that’s not a surprise.
But - who won the game? What was the score? KY scored 14 in the fourth and State couldn’t do anything. They were probably worn out, and with no offense to help them out, I see a pattern. Against teams with good defenses State flounders, and I think they get stuffed Saturday.
Actually, I like stuffed flounder...[emoji41]
This is the key (the bolded).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.