CFN: Mississippi State vs. Alabama Fearless Prediction, Game Preview
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Be very, very, very careful with this.

The timing is right for an Alabama clunker.

It’s beaten up a bit – from Tagovailoa’s knee, to Harris’s ankle, to dealing with a physical win over LSU – and it’s way overdue for a little bit of an exhale. There’s no down game in this program and under this coach, but … Alabama is in the SEC Championship now. Coming off the emotional road win, there can’t help but be a wee bit of a let down.

But the talent will come through, and the Tide will get the win and keep on rolling. However, it’s about to deal with a defense that can hold up, and Fitzgerald will be an issue.

Expect this to be a bit more of a fight than we’ve seen so far.

I don't think it will be as close as Fiutak believes, but I'll take it!
    Last edited by crimsonaudio; November 8th, 2018 at 09:22 AM. Reason: misspelled Fiutak's last name.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: CFN: Mississippi State vs. Alabama Fearless Prediction, Game Preview

To be fair, I think a lot of media people had LSU scoring 17 or more last week. I take it with a grain of salt.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

CA's BAAACK!!

I will take it as well. The defense is playing great ball now. I did see that MSU has been trying to get the passing game on point. We will see if that will hold up on this defense who is playing with the confidence of Mike in the Finals.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    CA's BAAACK!!

I will take it as well. The defense is playing great ball now. I did see that MSU has been trying to get the passing game on point. We will see if that will hold up on this defense who is playing with the confidence of Mike in the Finals.
    This week's game will be a gut check. Coming off an emotional game against LSU and facing a tough defense with a dangerous QB. I remember how tough it was in 2014 when MSU was #1 right after LSU. Hopefully we put this out of reach early.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

I'll be stunned if they can hold you to 30 points, but I understand his train of thought.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

You know, I think this team is just too good to have a big enough "off" night to make this real close. But, it probably would be "just what the Dr. ordered" for CNS to have something to fuss about going into our last few games.

I doubt it's the blowout we'd like to see (and really need to let our banged up guys rest), but I just don't see MSU hanging with this team.

Can they make Tua play in the 4th quarter? If they can, I think that'll signal they've had a good game. I hope we see Jones by the middle of the 3rd.

BamaNation All-American

They said this BS about LSU, Miss St loses big and we keep rolling. Until someone actually scares us I am not concerned with the talking heads. They are trying to make games sound close to get viewers, this game is done by halftime for sure.

After the big LSU win the players have been exposed to probably as much "Rat Poison" as they've ever seen. It could have some effect and the game might be closer than some expect. No upset here though. Bama wins.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

It was tough because it was MSU and they were #1. Bama was on a high against them too of going down to Baton Rouge and winning that game in OT. We jumped out early and big on MSU and it took all we could to stay on top in the end. I wish that team would have won it all. Blake Sims was the story of that season.

Anyway, I see a tough game in this one with us pulling away in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Only concern I have is the injuries. The bug is biting at a bad time.
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaMan09 View Post
    This week's game will be a gut check. Coming off an emotional game against LSU and facing a tough defense with a dangerous QB. I remember how tough it was in 2014 when MSU was #1 right after LSU. Hopefully we put this out of reach early.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I think this Bama team has a real, "we're gonna beat your brains out" mentality on both sides of the ball and at every position. Doesn't mean it will always happen but I don't see a let down either. They couldn't outscore us w/Dak and don't see it happening here. Bama rolls.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

The good news is that State isn't playing for anything...... They are the somewhere in the 4th-8th place range in the conference....for bowl slotting.... I think if we get 2 scores ahead -- they phone it in.....
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

I can tell you right now if the Nick Fitzgerald that I've seen for most of the year (in the passing game) shows up Saturday. We will hang a goose egg on State just like we did the Who's. I watched him against LSU and the guy struggles at the forward passing thing. It was atrocious.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned much about this game is the coaching staffs. Gattis was co-OC for Penn State last year. He should be very familiar with everything Moorhead wants/likes to do.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson