CFN: Mississippi State vs. Alabama Fearless Prediction, Game Preview

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Be very, very, very careful with this.

The timing is right for an Alabama clunker.

It’s beaten up a bit – from Tagovailoa’s knee, to Harris’s ankle, to dealing with a physical win over LSU – and it’s way overdue for a little bit of an exhale. There’s no down game in this program and under this coach, but … Alabama is in the SEC Championship now. Coming off the emotional road win, there can’t help but be a wee bit of a let down.

But the talent will come through, and the Tide will get the win and keep on rolling. However, it’s about to deal with a defense that can hold up, and Fitzgerald will be an issue.

Expect this to be a bit more of a fight than we’ve seen so far.
CFN: Mississippi State vs. Alabama Fearless Prediction, Game Preview

I don't think it will be as close as Fiutak believes, but I'll take it!

Last edited:

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
To be fair, I think a lot of media people had LSU scoring 17 or more last week. I take it with a grain of salt.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
CA's BAAACK!!

I will take it as well. The defense is playing great ball now. I did see that MSU has been trying to get the passing game on point. We will see if that will hold up on this defense who is playing with the confidence of Mike in the Finals.
This week's game will be a gut check. Coming off an emotional game against LSU and facing a tough defense with a dangerous QB. I remember how tough it was in 2014 when MSU was #1 right after LSU. Hopefully we put this out of reach early.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'll be stunned if they can hold you to 30 points, but I understand his train of thought.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
You know, I think this team is just too good to have a big enough "off" night to make this real close. But, it probably would be "just what the Dr. ordered" for CNS to have something to fuss about going into our last few games.

I doubt it's the blowout we'd like to see (and really need to let our banged up guys rest), but I just don't see MSU hanging with this team.

Can they make Tua play in the 4th quarter? If they can, I think that'll signal they've had a good game. I hope we see Jones by the middle of the 3rd.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
They said this BS about LSU, Miss St loses big and we keep rolling. Until someone actually scares us I am not concerned with the talking heads. They are trying to make games sound close to get viewers, this game is done by halftime for sure.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
After the big LSU win the players have been exposed to probably as much "Rat Poison" as they've ever seen. It could have some effect and the game might be closer than some expect. No upset here though. Bama wins.

It was tough because it was MSU and they were #1. Bama was on a high against them too of going down to Baton Rouge and winning that game in OT. We jumped out early and big on MSU and it took all we could to stay on top in the end. I wish that team would have won it all. Blake Sims was the story of that season.

Anyway, I see a tough game in this one with us pulling away in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Only concern I have is the injuries. The bug is biting at a bad time.
This week's game will be a gut check. Coming off an emotional game against LSU and facing a tough defense with a dangerous QB. I remember how tough it was in 2014 when MSU was #1 right after LSU. Hopefully we put this out of reach early.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
I think this Bama team has a real, "we're gonna beat your brains out" mentality on both sides of the ball and at every position. Doesn't mean it will always happen but I don't see a let down either. They couldn't outscore us w/Dak and don't see it happening here. Bama rolls.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
The good news is that State isn't playing for anything...... They are the somewhere in the 4th-8th place range in the conference....for bowl slotting.... I think if we get 2 scores ahead -- they phone it in.....

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I can tell you right now if the Nick Fitzgerald that I've seen for most of the year (in the passing game) shows up Saturday. We will hang a goose egg on State just like we did the Who's. I watched him against LSU and the guy struggles at the forward passing thing. It was atrocious.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
One thing that I haven't seen mentioned much about this game is the coaching staffs. Gattis was co-OC for Penn State last year. He should be very familiar with everything Moorhead wants/likes to do.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
I think the defense has a lot of momentum going into this game, so I don't see a letdown there. Stop Fitzgerald and you shut down their offense.

Tua and company won't have a letdown. They just have too much fun out there.

Bama wins big.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I can tell you right now if the Nick Fitzgerald that I've seen for most of the year (in the passing game) shows up Saturday. We will hang a goose egg on State just like we did the Who's. I watched him against LSU and the guy struggles at the forward passing thing. It was atrocious.
I hope we can pick off a couple of passes and maybe turn them into NOTs this week. I really like what Alabama's secondary did last week. They almost picked off a couple against LSU.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I think the defense has a lot of momentum going into this game, so I don't see a letdown there. Stop Fitzgerald and you shut down their offense.

Tua and company won't have a letdown. They just have too much fun out there.

Bama wins big.
yes! it is clear that it is necessary to stop the QB run option but that is a bit of a task on this 245 pound QB. He hasn't shown that he is accurate enough to win throwing the ball. Stop the run shut down their offense. On the offensive side my main question has been... Can we handle the aggressive rush off the edges and create some explosive running plays and throws downfield? Their defensive numbers are impressive but hopefully they just haven't seen anyone like Tua or Jeudy/Ruggs!

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
yes! it is clear that it is necessary to stop the QB run option but that is a bit of a task on this 245 pound QB. He hasn't shown that he is accurate enough to win throwing the ball. Stop the run shut down their offense. On the offensive side my main question has been... Can we handle the aggressive rush off the edges and create some explosive running plays and throws downfield? Their defensive numbers are impressive but hopefully they just haven't seen anyone like Tua or Jeudy/Ruggs!
They are very aggressive off the edges. I wouldn't be surprised to see some RB screens, WR slants and WR/TE screens early on to slow them down. They are prime to get burnt on a few of those. Sweat (#9) doesn't even slow down to bother to see if it's a run or pass. This cat is full throttle to the quarterback every play. We can take advantage of his over zealousness.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
No doubt State's defense is good...but this being a home game might make all the difference.

On our first drive against LSU, their "11th man" (has Danielson kept saying thinking he was being cute) really did make a huge difference. I think we had three plays in a row where we were discombobulated and confused and the crowd noise was the key factor. We had not really had to deal with that kind of environment. To their credit LSU kept it respectable but if we score a TD on that first drive, it could have just deflated them and we could have run them off the field in the first quarter. But, to their defense and crowd's credit, that really helped LSU.

MSU won't have that same benefit Saturday at BDS!

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
We are physically a little beat up, but this was not your typical "emotional" game over LSU. I thought we were very even-keel for most of that game and I would bet we were business as usual during the week prior.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.