ND QB Ian Book Suffers Rib Injury, Status In Doubt For FSU

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Wow, this could be bad news for ND, even with Wimbush as backup.

Multiple sources have confirmed with Irish Illustrated that Notre Dame starting quarterback Ian Book suffered a rib injury in last week’s 31-21 victory over Northwestern, one that has lingered throughout the team’s preparations for Florida State.

Notre Dame has confirmed that Book is battling a rib injury but would not confirm that Book will miss the Florida State game.
https://247sports.com/college/notre...J07VtICDB9SqewmbX4rzBcgK4ugsr0b53t6EXkbjuOMu8

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Who would've thought I'd be thinking "well if there was a game to miss, it would be FSU" a year after our #1 v. #3 season opener against FSU.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Wow, this could be bad news for ND, even with Wimbush as backup.
I don't think this team is a national title contender with Wimbush at quarterback. Their passing game was so awful with him that they certainly would've dropped at least 1 game by now. Book is a huge part of their success in 2018.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
When they changed QBs it made a lot of difference, but I so hope ND gets into the CFP. I want to see them get skull drug again!!!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
How bad is FSU that they are letting Book rest and recover during this game. :biggrin:

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
If you cannot KILL FSU with backups all over you are not a top 5 team.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
How bad is FSU that they are letting Book rest and recover during this game. :biggrin:
So you're saying there's no chance the perpetually-upward falling Willie Taggart gets his signature win at FSU and then announces the next day that he's falling upward again to succeed Bill Belichick?

CrimsonRuss

1st Team
Sep 30, 2015
When they changed QBs it made a lot of difference, but I so hope ND gets into the CFP. I want to see them get skull drug again!!!
I am hoping they get in as well! Can’t think of a better way to get #18 than by beating the brakes off ND, again, an finishing off with Clemson!

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Something interesting going on in Tallahassee. Don't know what it is, but we are seeing it's fruit. Last time I remember FSU like this was in 1973 and 74. Funny thing is...they almost beat us in '74. SHOULD have beaten us. Gave us a Safety because they knew we couldn't move the ball on them. They had lost something like 22 games in a row. FSU has athletes. What has happened?

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Makes sense, they'll destroy FSU even with Wimbush. They probably want him as rested and healthy as possible for Cuse and USC.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Something interesting going on in Tallahassee. Don't know what it is, but we are seeing it's fruit. Last time I remember FSU like this was in 1973 and 74. Funny thing is...they almost beat us in '74. SHOULD have beaten us. Gave us a Safety because they knew we couldn't move the ball on them. They had lost something like 22 games in a row. FSU has athletes. What has happened?

Taggart is just the falling-upward angel who's placeholding for Tater Tot to come in and restore the Bowden reign in Tallahassee by way of the Akron Zips!

If FSU Coach Darrell Mudra, innovator, hadn't ordered that safety in 1974 from high above Denny Stadium (where he was innovating by coaching from the press box), No. 3 'Bama probably loses the game 7-3, to the school with the longest losing streak in the country. A hopeful lesson for the 'Noles with their compass pointing toward TD Jesus for answered prayers. Bucky Berrey and Jack O'Rear approve this message!

Last edited:

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
They laid down and quit against Clemson. That was disgraceful. I'm not sure that it's ever happened before, but I wouldn't be shocked if Taggart is removed very shortly.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.