Link: In Da Film Room: I’ve Seen This Before (LSU Perspective)

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I don't think it's that people choose not to believe it, I think that it's more a matter of not wanting to become complacent and look past the SECCG and towards the CFBP...that's when you get stung.JMO...RTR!!!

=81usaf92;3315361]Why?
Georgia is not as good as LSU IMO. I think they are far weaker than most here choose to believe.[/QUOTE]

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Amazing how most teams self assessment of themselves changes dramatically after playing Bama. We make every little pimple and flaw very visible.
What's astounding is that all these points were obvious to me in their first game against Miami. Their OL didn't really move the LOS but Miami's LB took themselves out of plays and lost contain on tailbacks who redirected from inside to off-tackle in the backfield. Burrow was a clear improvement upon Etling but he was hardly a high percentage quarterback. Ensminger's offense really looked about like it did when he was the OC during 2016. Nothing special. They followed this with an offense that ranked among the lowest in the conference in terms of raw numbers and efficiency.

Either that UGA win was the biggest fluke of the season thus far or UGA has bigger problems than we realize because this LSU team ought not be capable of beating a legit playoff caliber team.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Losing can bring focus where it was previously lacking. Not sure if that is what happened to GA, but it sure looked like it to me,.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Why?

Georgia is not as good as LSU IMO. I think they are far weaker than most here choose to believe.
Yeah, we’ll disagree on that one.
Just like Barn/Georgia last year, if that game had been in Athens Georgia wins.
You don’t think (as you’ve stated before, IIRC) that HFA makes virtually any difference at all.
LSU is pitiful - at least Georgia has a stout running game with decent backs.
Bama won’t shutdown Georgia’s running game like they did against LSU. I’m not saying they won’t slow it down.
Fromm can throw it if he’s not “behind the chains” in down and distance - he’s light years better than Burrow.
LSU defense might be better than Georgia’s, but not enough to say they are the better team. Barn wasn’t better than Georgia last year either, even after they pounded them at the Barn (SECCG in Atlanta, exhibit A).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yeah, we’ll disagree on that one.
Just like Barn/Georgia last year, if that game had been in Athens Georgia wins.
You don’t think (as you’ve stated before, IIRC) that HFA makes virtually any difference at all.
LSU is pitiful - at least Georgia has a stout running game with decent backs.
Bama won’t shutdown Georgia’s running game like they did against LSU. I’m not saying they won’t slow it down.
Fromm can throw it if he’s not “behind the chains” in down and distance - he’s light years better than Burrow.
LSU defense might be better than Georgia’s, but not enough to say they are the better team. Barn wasn’t better than Georgia last year either, even after they pounded them at the Barn (SECCG in Atlanta, exhibit A).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1)UGA played a day game in Tiger Stadium and didn’t score in the first half. They got straight up punked on both sides of the ball. Had Florida or UK had a QB then we would be talking about a 3 loss UGA. UGA’s defense is a joke, and they have an average at best qb. If we played them tomorrow in Atlanta it would be an Atlanta party for us. If LSU played them again then it’s probably the same result.

2)Also I said HFA doesn’t make any difference when talking about GREAT teams.

3) Auburn last year was better until KJ got injured in the Iron Bowl. Kirby is just a photo copy of 2007-2013 CNS with an in between GMAc and AJ talented QB. I think the fact he gets boat raced often proves how flawed his offensive philosophy is and how inept his QB is when someone shuts down his running game.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Losing can bring focus where it was previously lacking. Not sure if that is what happened to GA, but it sure looked like it to me,.
They’ve looked bad all year, but the first team that they played worth a dang bent them over and spanked them. Really UGA is fortunate that lucky bounces went their way and they are slightly more talented than their competition or we are really seeing a 5-4 team instead of a 8-1 team right now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.