UCF fans irate at being ranked below a 2 loss Kentucky team.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
There is a saying, "To be the man, you gotta beat the man." Heck, they haven't beaten anybody, much less "the man".

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
UCF has no interest in playing a harder schedule...they just want to play cupcakes so they can chirp about being undefeated. If they really wanted to “show the world” that they are serious about being a real contender they would play better teams...until then they should shut their pie hole!!![emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Well, last year the Colley Matrix had UCF #1 at the end of the year. So far this year, the Colley Matrix has UCF at #8. Doesn't look like they will be able to jump on that one this year. The Matrix folks also have their top 3 as Notre Dame, Alabama, and Clemson.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
So if Bama, ND, and Clemzon all win out, here's what the Knightmares are wishing for:

1) Bama
2) Clemson
3) ND
4) Pretending National Champs

I have to admit I hope it works out this way. :p

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Well, UCF beat the Barn last year who beat Bama last year who beat Ga last year who beat Kentucky this year. So there you go.
Watched them play Temple a few nights ago. I think they are a pretty good team. If they keep on keeping on...they will get more attention. Who knows what they might do if they did play a better schedule? But they don't. Let's see them play Georgia. Yeah...they beat Awbun. Great for them. They are in the Top whatever. Think they can beat Michigan? Missouri? They might...but I doubt it. But they will get a shot in bowl season.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Well, last year the Colley Matrix had UCF #1 at the end of the year. So far this year, the Colley Matrix has UCF at #8. Doesn't look like they will be able to jump on that one this year. The Matrix folks also have their top 3 as Notre Dame, Alabama, and Clemson.
Colley Matrix had ND as #1 in 2012 - AFTER Bama throttled them.

IOW, it's beyond meaningless.

Last edited:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Watched them play Temple a few nights ago. I think they are a pretty good team. If they keep on keeping on...they will get more attention. Who knows what they might do if they did play a better schedule? But they don't. Let's see them play Georgia. Yeah...they beat Awbun. Great for them. They are in the Top whatever. Think they can beat Michigan? Missouri? They might...but I doubt it. But they will get a shot in bowl season.
BSu showed that a decently-talented, well-coached team can get up for a 'super bowl' P5 game once a year. The real question isn't whether UCF can beat a real team, it's can they play 10+ real games per year and still have a winning record.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I will say this, I think wins and losses matter. It didn't sit well with me when Auburn was ranked above so many one loss teams with two losses last year. It didn't like it when LSU was ahead of undefeated Notre Dame. But c'mon. UCF has an SoS of 108. They can come back and complain when they play an FBS schedule.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
This is all you need to know.

Utah had two unbeaten seasons in five years.
They joined the Pac 12. They have yet to lose fewer than 3 games in a season.

TCU had five 11-win seasons in six years, including an undefeated season where they won a Rose Bowl.
They joined the Big 12. They've had three 11-win seasons in seven years, one of which they only got because they played
14 games (which they never did in that six-year run pre-Big 12). They have no unbeaten seasons, no appearances in the playoff,
and only once did they have a team anyone considered a possible playoff team.

Anyone can get up for one game a year. Hell, Auburn does that even in the bad years.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
BSu showed that a decently-talented, well-coached team can get up for a 'super bowl' P5 game once a year. The real question isn't whether UCF can beat a real team, it's can they play 10+ real games per year and still have a winning record.
Even with our schedule being weak compared to the last few year, I seriously doubt that UCF would beat Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Missouri, LSU, Mississippi State or Auburn again.

Ole Miss and Missouri would put up record breaking numbers on their defense, A&M would be to physical for them, LSU would definitely produce on offense against them, State’s defensive line would give Milton fits and depending on which Auburn shows up, they would lose to them as well. At best they go 6-6 with our schedule this year, if they played our 2015/2016 schedule, they may not even win 4 games.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.