UCF fans irate at being ranked below a 2 loss Kentucky team. - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: UCF fans irate at being ranked below a 2 loss Kentucky team.

Well, last year the Colley Matrix had UCF #1 at the end of the year. So far this year, the Colley Matrix has UCF at #8. Doesn't look like they will be able to jump on that one this year. The Matrix folks also have their top 3 as Notre Dame, Alabama, and Clemson.

2. Advertisement

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar

I badly want UCF to make it into the CFP so Bama can smash them by 70 points.
    Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar

So if Bama, ND, and Clemzon all win out, here's what the Knightmares are wishing for:

1) Bama
    2) Clemson
    3) ND
    4) Pretending National Champs

I have to admit I hope it works out this way.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by dvldog View Post
    Well, UCF beat the Barn last year who beat Bama last year who beat Ga last year who beat Kentucky this year. So there you go.
    Watched them play Temple a few nights ago. I think they are a pretty good team. If they keep on keeping on...they will get more attention. Who knows what they might do if they did play a better schedule? But they don't. Let's see them play Georgia. Yeah...they beat Awbun. Great for them. They are in the Top whatever. Think they can beat Michigan? Missouri? They might...but I doubt it. But they will get a shot in bowl season.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

It won't though, sadly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Bama View Post
    So if Bama, ND, and Clemzon all win out, here's what the Knightmares are wishing for:

1) Bama
    2) Clemson
    3) ND
    4) Pretending National Champs

I have to admit I hope it works out this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Krymsonman View Post
    Well, last year the Colley Matrix had UCF #1 at the end of the year. So far this year, the Colley Matrix has UCF at #8. Doesn't look like they will be able to jump on that one this year. The Matrix folks also have their top 3 as Notre Dame, Alabama, and Clemson.
    Colley Matrix had ND as #1 in 2012 - AFTER Bama throttled them.

IOW, it's beyond meaningless.
    Last edited by crimsonaudio; November 8th, 2018 at 07:01 PM.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Quote Originally Posted by Tenntiderman View Post
    Watched them play Temple a few nights ago. I think they are a pretty good team. If they keep on keeping on...they will get more attention. Who knows what they might do if they did play a better schedule? But they don't. Let's see them play Georgia. Yeah...they beat Awbun. Great for them. They are in the Top whatever. Think they can beat Michigan? Missouri? They might...but I doubt it. But they will get a shot in bowl season.
    BSu showed that a decently-talented, well-coached team can get up for a 'super bowl' P5 game once a year. The real question isn't whether UCF can beat a real team, it's can they play 10+ real games per year and still have a winning record.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation First Team

I almost want Clemson to play them because I know Dabo won't stop scoring... Saban will stop at 60 Dabo might just allow 100

I will say this, I think wins and losses matter. It didn't sit well with me when Auburn was ranked above so many one loss teams with two losses last year. It didn't like it when LSU was ahead of undefeated Notre Dame. But c'mon. UCF has an SoS of 108. They can come back and complain when they play an FBS schedule.
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

This is all you need to know.

Utah had two unbeaten seasons in five years.
    They joined the Pac 12. They have yet to lose fewer than 3 games in a season.

TCU had five 11-win seasons in six years, including an undefeated season where they won a Rose Bowl.
    They joined the Big 12. They've had three 11-win seasons in seven years, one of which they only got because they played
    14 games (which they never did in that six-year run pre-Big 12). They have no unbeaten seasons, no appearances in the playoff,
    and only once did they have a team anyone considered a possible playoff team.

Anyone can get up for one game a year. Hell, Auburn does that even in the bad years.
    "And if I die in Raleigh - at least I will die free"

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Tuscaloosa underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the REC."

BamaNation All-SEC dadleyblane5's Avatar

Dear UCF,...join the ACC or the SEC and play a full schedule. Then I'll drink the koolaid. Until then, shut up.

BamaNation All-American RammerJammer15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    BSu showed that a decently-talented, well-coached team can get up for a 'super bowl' P5 game once a year. The real question isn't whether UCF can beat a real team, it's can they play 10+ real games per year and still have a winning record.
    Even with our schedule being weak compared to the last few year, I seriously doubt that UCF would beat Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Missouri, LSU, Mississippi State or Auburn again.

Ole Miss and Missouri would put up record breaking numbers on their defense, A&M would be to physical for them, LSU would definitely produce on offense against them, State’s defensive line would give Milton fits and depending on which Auburn shows up, they would lose to them as well. At best they go 6-6 with our schedule this year, if they played our 2015/2016 schedule, they may not even win 4 games.