UCF fans irate at being ranked below a 2 loss Kentucky team. - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: UCF fans irate at being ranked below a 2 loss Kentucky team.

Their 2019 schedule includes Stanford and Pitt. Not annual powerhouses but any means but perhaps we will hear the end of this nonsense soon - http://fbschedules.com/ncaa/ucf/
    “I think that a lot in life comes down to expectations sometimes, and we didn’t come here looking for a moral victory.”— Nick Saban

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Let UCF in. That way we can settle this debate once and for all...
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation All-SEC

The good news for the defending champs, if you're comparing them to Kentucky schools, is that their strength of schedule matches up favorably with Bellarmine, which doesn't even field a football team, and is only a little shy of the renowned Petrino Dairy Whip toughness gauge.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Before I even read this these schools are the ones that came to mind when thinking of UCF. Utah was the hot new kid on the block screaming for respect and "they were just as good as the big boys" etc. As you've pointed out, they joined the PAC 12 (which is a pitiful conference btw) can't keep from losing at least three games each year. TCU, though a better go at it than Utah, hasn't proven to be the "you see, we told y'all we were just as good as y'alls big boys".

UCF is no different and would be no different.

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    This is all you need to know.

Utah had two unbeaten seasons in five years.
    They joined the Pac 12. They have yet to lose fewer than 3 games in a season.

TCU had five 11-win seasons in six years, including an undefeated season where they won a Rose Bowl.
    They joined the Big 12. They've had three 11-win seasons in seven years, one of which they only got because they played
    14 games (which they never did in that six-year run pre-Big 12). They have no unbeaten seasons, no appearances in the playoff,
    and only once did they have a team anyone considered a possible playoff team.

Anyone can get up for one game a year. Hell, Auburn does that even in the bad years.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Dear UCF.

Be thankful you're ranked that high given you've done nothing, are nothing, and nobody but you cares. But that said, feel free to hold another Mickey Mouse Championship Celebration. If the label fits, wear it!

Regards,
    Every other college football team

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    Let UCF in. That way we can settle this debate once and for all...
    So you'd rather the committee leave out a more deserving team just to prove a point? No way. Screw UCF - play a real schedule or whine, but they don't deserve squat.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Quote Originally Posted by tambo410 View Post
    Their 2019 schedule includes Stanford and Pitt. Not annual powerhouses but any means but perhaps we will hear the end of this nonsense soon - http://fbschedules.com/ncaa/ucf/
    Get back to me when they play 8+ P5 regular season games. One or two games means nothing. Play a real schedule or shut up.
    Last edited by crimsonaudio; November 9th, 2018 at 06:46 PM.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation All-American theballguy's Avatar
    Behind is in Colorado Springs, heart in Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by UntouchableCrew View Post
    Instead of having them play a Power 5 team that doesn't want to be there they should have the two top ranked Group of 5 teams play in a "Group of Five Championship" game. Gives group of five something to strive for that honestly would feel bigger than hoping you can upset an SEC or B1G division champ that lost their title game.
    I've always thought that would be a good idea.
    “I know what it takes to win. If I can sell them on what it takes to win, then we are not going to lose too many football games.” - Coach Paul Bryant and I can see Coach Nick Saban agreeing completely.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theballguy View Post
    I've always thought that would be a good idea.
    The problem with that is twofold. First, it takes the two best G5 teams out of a New Year's six bowl. Then it plainly admits they G5 doen't deserve to be in the CFP. Group of Five rejects both those ideas. Now if the G5 Playoff could raise the kind of money a NY6 bowl could then it might be a different story but that is doubtful.

But I like the idea if only to shut them up. I can see UCF or Houston vs Boise or Fresno being a pretty good draw but think if it were Temple or Buffalo vs Nevada or ULM.
    Last edited by Redwood Forrest; November 10th, 2018 at 09:28 AM.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

I didn’t capture it, but the US NAVY had a great sign aboard the USS CARL VINSON.

Ur Chamionshps’s Fake
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    Before I even read this these schools are the ones that came to mind when thinking of UCF. Utah was the hot new kid on the block screaming for respect and "they were just as good as the big boys" etc. As you've pointed out, they joined the PAC 12 (which is a pitiful conference btw) can't keep from losing at least three games each year. TCU, though a better go at it than Utah, hasn't proven to be the "you see, we told y'all we were just as good as y'alls big boys".

UCF is no different and would be no different.
    Oh and let me add W Virginia to your list because they were one of the FOUR hot tamales along with Utah, TCU and Louisville. BTW, what has Louisville and W Virginia done since moving up to P5? ACC or B12 championship? Naw, notch yet.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    So you'd rather the committee leave out a more deserving team just to prove a point? No way. Screw UCF - play a real schedule or whine, but they don't deserve squat.
    They could always put up billboards. Lsu showed it can work

Quote Originally Posted by tambo410 View Post
    Or, it will further their agenda with wins.
    to 16 and beyond........