UCF fans irate at being ranked below a 2 loss Kentucky team.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Yup, KY would almost certainly beat UCF if they played.

If UCF wants respect, earn it. Playing a dozen cupcakes doesn't prove anything. Half of the SEC would go undefeated against that schedule...

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Well, UCF beat the Barn last year who beat Bama last year who beat Ga last year who beat Kentucky this year. So there you go.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
If UCF wants respect, all they have to do is follow what Bobby Bowden did down in FSU. He took a women's college and turned it into well respected national program.
His mantra was basically that "we would play you anytime, anywhere...".

He basically became Homecoming Fodder for the big programs and they eventually dropped playing them because his program was regularly beating them.

It would take several years to institute that plan, but if UCF is serious...they have to do it.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
They should try to sign up for one of the kickoff classics vs one of the upper echelon SEC/ACC Teams.....

Prime Time slot -- vs Auburn, LSU, Va Tech, FSU, A&M, etc.....type teams..... That would give them a punchers chance at getting in --

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Their reality check BOUNCED, welcome to reality UCF you are not in the big boys league. Those folks down there are smoking some rel good stuff. I mean really you think you could beat any real team? You beat auburn last yr in a nothing game, try playing a real team with something on the line. These little teams make me laugh at their arrogance and down right stupidity.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
If UCF wants respect, all they have to do is follow what Bobby Bowden did down in FSU. He took a women's college and turned it into well respected national program.
His mantra was basically that "we would play you anytime, anywhere...".

He basically became Homecoming Fodder for the big programs and they eventually dropped playing them because his program was regularly beating them.

It would take several years to institute that plan, but if UCF is serious...they have to do it.
They do not want that, they like beating a bunch of nobody teams so they can say they are good, they know they fail if they play real teams. people need to ignore them, they are not a serious program in anyone's eyes. By even acknowledging them you do a disservice to real teams.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Looking at all the analytics, UCF is actually lucky to even be #12. If this was still the BCS era, they would probably be around #23 or something. This team is not as good as last year, that team had NFL guys like the Shaquem Griffin, Defense is worse and they gave up 700 yards to Temple. You can make the argument that Alabama, Clemson, and Michigan could rack up 900 yards against that defense. Another thing, UCF will not get into the playoff this year, nor do they deserve to, either continue to build your program and work your way up to join a conference like Utah and TCU did or shut up.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
UCF is today’s Boise State. I look forward to the claims of “no one will schedule us”. I look even more forward to the next team that plays nobody and goes undefeated.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
They're 21-0 the past two seasons and it's become clear they simply will not be eligible for the playoff no matter what they do. Of course they're upset, they should be.

Doesn't mean they're right, of course. Nobody believes they should be in the playoff and under the current setup it will never happen.

Instead of having them play a Power 5 team that doesn't want to be there they should have the two top ranked Group of 5 teams play in a "Group of Five Championship" game. Gives group of five something to strive for that honestly would feel bigger than hoping you can upset an SEC or B1G division champ that lost their title game.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
UCF is today’s Boise State. I look forward to the claims of “no one will schedule us”. I look even more forward to the next team that plays nobody and goes undefeated.
Beat me too it.

But, as someone mentioned, FSU in the 70's should be their example. Start playing some folks. With the growth of that University they can probably become legitimate, but you don't get it thru running off 20 wins against nobodies.

Oh, and we can thank Auburn for this. They could have shut them up and didn't take care of business.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Eh, Boise State had a better resume honestly. They did it over a long period of time and had very legit wins against programs like UGA and Virginia Tech (which were effectively road games despite being billed as neutral site.) Beat OU in the Fiesta Bowl.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Perhaps they could buy some billboards that say they're ranked above Kentucky or create a ranked above Kentucky plastic football trophy.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Their only games scheduled against Power 5 teams have been cancelled due to hurricanes the past 2 years. Georgia Tech was cancelled last year and North Carolina this year. Whether these 2 teams could have beaten them will remain unknown forever.

Edit: The game against UNC was cancelled this year. Point is still valid.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
they're setting themselves up to be mocked incessantly when they lose.

And the next day nobody will remember them.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I heard a guy on Finebaum or local radio who runs a college football prediction company that said Fresno St was the best group of 5 team and they would be favored over UCF on a neutral field. Fresno lost to a 4-5 (1-5 Big 10 record) Minnesota team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.