Common opponents vs. Clemson
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Suspended

I pulled together some stats against Louisville and Tx A&M (Opp) - see below. We are playing better than we did against Louisville, but Clemson is playing better than when they played A&M. They have allowed more passing yards.
    With a few more games under his belt that freshman they have might cause us problems passing.

Opp Bama Opp CU
    1st Downs 20.5 22.5 20.5 20.5
    3rd down efficiency 7 of 27 14 of 25 12 of 32 11 of 21
    3rd down percentage 26% 56% 38% 52%
    Total Yards 330.5 521.5 406.5 537
    Passing 257.5 356 330.5 233.5
    Comp-Att 43/83 42/59 50/74 31/47
    Yards per pass 6.25 12 8.8 9.7
    Interceptions thrown 2 0 1 0.5
    Rushing 73 165.5 76 303.5
    Rushing Attempts 27 35 34 34.5
    Yards per rush 2.6 4.6 2.3 8.5
    Fumbles lost 0 0.5 1.5 .5
    Penalties 15/143 19/193 15/132 7/64
    Turnovers 2 0.5 2.5 1

Last edited by PhiSlammaBama; November 8th, 2018 at 04:30 PM.

2. Advertisement

Re: Common opponents vs. Clemson

That freshman should be worried about our defense. He looks like he needs to add some weight.

BamaNation First Team

Cant remember what game it was but Clemsons defense just didn't impress me. The team they were playing was running all over them. If Bama and Clemson play it should be a good game but I expect Bama to win.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

Since changing QB's they have rolled off four games averaging scoring margin of +50.75 points per game.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

As of week 10 Sagarin says Bama would be favored by 4.5 points over Clemson at a neutral site.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation All-SEC

Have they played a team with a pulse the last four weeks?

BamaNation Hall of Fame RammerJammer14's Avatar

My finely tuned eye test tells me that Clemson is playing better football now than they were at the beginning of the season. If we play them in the playoffs I think the game will be closer to the 2015 game than the walkover game they were last year. That freshman QB is pretty sharp not gonna lie.
    -Why's it us Sergeant? Why us?
    -Because we're here lad. Nobody else. Just us.

-"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
    -"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Forget the transitive property type comparisons. They don't work. Alabama is better. Better offense. Better defense. Better coaches. Better.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by RammerJammer14 View Post
    My finely tuned eye test tells me that Clemson is playing better football now than they were at the beginning of the season. If we play them in the playoffs I think the game will be closer to the 2015 game than the walkover game they were last year. That freshman QB is pretty sharp not gonna lie.
    He would never have time to throw. Heís not a statue but heís not as athletic as Watson either. Our DL would do serious damage to his ability to stand in the pocket and throw. Theyíve got a great RB, but again the DL and our LBs have rapidly improved.

If we play our best, and are healthy, itís a 38-17 type game, IMO. Yes Iíve had my koolaid today.

BamaNation All-American

I never worry about our D holding even great teams to normal scores, and with this offense we can outscore any team out there this year. We stay healthy no one but Bama can stop us. We would have to implode to lose.

BamaNation All-American tattooguy21's Avatar

I don't care about common opponents. Any given resorts and all that. I'd say, instead, that they've played an even sister schedule them us.

I don't want to turn this into the Clemson forum. Scroll through and if you didn't see their header, you'd think it was a Bama forum. On gameday you'll see a minimum, MINIMUM of 30 threads on Bama. Don't believe me, check it out yourself.

Apparently this team just lives rent free in the heads of every team named "tigers"

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I think Clemson knew last week that people would start to look at common opponents and make comparisons between Bama and Clemson. They struggled with Texas A&M while we won easily so last week with a different QB I think they deliberately tried to run up the score against Louisville to send a message to college football that they are a force to be reckoned with.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PA Tide Fan View Post
    I think Clemson knew last week that people would start to look at common opponents and make comparisons between Bama and Clemson. They struggled with Texas A&M while we won easily so last week with a different QB I think they deliberately tried to run up the score against Louisville to send a message to college football that they are a force to be reckoned with.
    Well that and Petrino is generally disliked immensely
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung