Tua's Streak of Scoring on First Possession
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Tua's Streak of Scoring on First Possession

OK, it got broken against LSU, but does it count (technically) because Tua couldn't finish that drive???

BTW, still doesn't make sense to me that he got hurt (goodies) on a play that didn't count. Went out of the game and Jones and offense got called for another penalty but then Tua couldn't re-enter the game. I know there's a "rule" about another play needs to be run, but this incident seems to be a "loophole" situation where if you get hurt on a non-play and then another non-play occurs, it would seem the player in question should be able to return.

But, maybe a more important question, do we get the "streak" going again against MSU???

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Tua's Streak of Scoring on First Posession

It does count, and yes we will begin another streak against MSU.

The only thing that stopped the drive against LSU was a self-inflicted mistake. It was nothing LSU did.

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post

The only thing that stopped the drive against LSU was a self-inflicted mistake. It was nothing LSU did.
    It was "the 11th man"

BTW, did anybody else "analyze" the 2 plays Jones was in on?

First play: Got another motion penalty, but he had "dropped back" to pass: I was surprised this was not just a straight handoff to get back a few yards.

Second play: technically the only one that counted, our 3rd string QB runs an QB OPTION PLAY!?

I was shocked and not surprised at all that it netted about a 5 yard loss. Maybe the worst play call of the year???

BamaNation Hall of Fame

If this is trying to make amends for jinxing Tua last week then you are doing a horrible job. blue font

I think this maybe one of the toughest tests we have all year vs a good defense so itís really hard to predict what happens. If I had to say yes or no if we score the first drive then I would say we score a field goal instead of a td if we have to drive the field.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    If this is trying to make amends for jinxing Tua last week then you are doing a horrible job. blue font

I think this maybe one of the toughest tests we have all year vs a good defense so it’s really hard to predict what happens. If I had to say yes or no if we score the first drive then I would say we score a field goal instead of a td if we have to drive the field.
    I was thinking the same thing LOL. If things go haywire tomorrow, then BamaMoon probably need to stop making threads like that in the near future. I'm just kidding with you!

The series where It was stalled, it was weird and very confusing. We would've got first down with Mac Jones. The option play on 3rd and 28... not ideal playcalling. How did we go from pass to option pay that quick?
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post

The series where It was stalled, it was weird and very confusing. We would've got first down with Mac Jones. The option play on 3rd and 28... not ideal playcalling. How did we go from pass to option pay that quick?
    Yeah, his drop back to pass was pretty dramatic. You'd think it would have been a safe, tightend screen, but it looked like he was looking downfield about the time it was blown dead.

And the QB option??? Who we fooling with that? Even if Jones keeps, which was the correct read rather than the pitch, if he cuts up into the hole he might get 2 or 3 yards, but nothing more. Just strange, IMO.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post

Well if one nonplay counted shouldn't the second nonplay count as well?

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    It was "the 11th man"
    Who was that 11th man?!

The crowd noise definitely was the main reason for us stalling out. That, and Tua getting a cheap shot and having to go out.

Quote Originally Posted by TUSCALOOSAHONOR View Post
    Who was that 11th man?!
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Alum View Post
    The crowd noise definitely was the main reason for us stalling out. That, and Tua getting a cheap shot and having to go out.
    78 answers your question...it's what GD was calling their fans since White was out...as if the crowd had to sub for him.

Had there been no communication issue on the jet sweep to Jeudy that's 6 points. Bama had them outflanked and he would have walked in. Honestly, it should have been 38-0.
    ----
    B.A. from The University of Alabama (during the Fran/Shula years) so don't question my fandom.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJeff View Post
    Had there been no communication issue on the jet sweep to Jeudy that's 6 points. Bama had them outflanked and he would have walked in. Honestly, it should have been 38-0.
    Or worse.