Southern California fires

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Paradise is in Northern CA. By car it's 4 hours even though it's less than 150 miles from here as the crow flies.

My colleague's friend from school lives and works there. His wife and kids had to abandon their car and run on foot to escape.

This fire went from literally nothing to 80,000 acres in roughly 24 hours. Wind gusts were over 60mph. Very scary stuff. The wind is supposed to pick back up this weekend and Chico is squarely in the fire's sights.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...es-forest-mismanagement/ar-BBPxJ2B?li=BBnb7Kz

Trump blames mismanagement of forests for this horrific fire. I am sure at some point he is going to blame the Obama Administration, Hillary Clinton, the immigrant caravan or the WH press corps. Got to push this off on someone.
Actually, he's right.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckd...but-not-in-the-way-they-tell-us/#7e6b505770af

But it won't matter to most who post here now. Even logical discussions are out the door.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Actually, he's right.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckd...but-not-in-the-way-they-tell-us/#7e6b505770af

But it won't matter to most who post here now. Even logical discussions are out the door.
i would take this dude's position with a grain of salt. these public policy foundation guys have been promoting the increase of timber harvest/logging and the removal of pretty much any regulations they don't write themselves using fear tactics like this for decades. according to them, all natural disaster problems (wildfires, etc) are because forests weren't "managed" in the way that timber companies thought they should be and they are now slaves to burdensome "anti-business" regulations.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
i would take this dude's position with a grain of salt. these public policy foundation guys have been promoting the increase of timber harvest/logging and the removal of pretty much any regulations they don't write themselves using fear tactics like this for decades. according to them, all natural disaster problems (wildfires, etc) are because forests weren't "managed" in the way that timber companies thought they should be and they are now slaves to burdensome "anti-business" regulations.
There is a grain of truth to it, but Trump could do more than tweet threats if he wanted.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Actually, he's right.

It doesn't matter if he is right - partially, mostly, or at all...

A disaster claiming many lives and millions upon millions of dollars in damage is no time for the President of the United States to use his Twitter account to engage in a penis-measuring contest.

I can save him some trouble: it's tiny; otherwise, he wouldn't feel the need to measure it so often.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
It doesn't matter if he is right - partially, mostly, or at all...

A disaster claiming many lives and millions upon millions of dollars in damage is no time for the President of the United States to use his Twitter account to engage in a penis-measuring contest.

I can save him some trouble: it's tiny; otherwise, he wouldn't feel the need to measure it so often.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
No argument there. I've made it abundantly clear in the past that I wish he would stay off twitter and the golf course and focus on taking care of our country. But...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.