Today the streak of 10 win seasons continues to grow - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation All-American GP for Bama's Avatar

Re: Today the streak of 10 win seasons continues to grow

If 10 win seasons were easy to get... well everybody would be winning 10.... just saying.
    Bama 931-319-44 73.6% On the field

2017 NATIONAL CHAMPS!
    26 SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American ReturnToGlory's Avatar

I was watching the Wake Forest - NC State game Thursday. The announcers mentioned that NC State has never had a 10 win season. I know they are not a football power, but you would think they would have at least one.

Quote Originally Posted by RT27 View Post
    This will be the 11th season in a row with 10 plus wins, now that is one heck of a streak. That is what we like to call consistency. There is a reason this program is considered one of the best of all time. I always hoped Nick would be great for Bama, but 5 titles in last 9 years, soon to be 11 straight 10 win seasons, I mean really, did any of us dream it would be this great? Enjoy the ride guys and gals, this is truly an EPIC run.
    Quote Originally Posted by techster79 View Post
    In two weeks itíll be 8 straight years of 11+ wins a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    In three weeks it will be five straight years of 12+ wins a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok who will make it 13+ ? Going once , going twice?
    " I THOUGHT THIS MUST BE WHAT GOD LOOKS LIKE."

GEORGE BLANDA
    in talking about Coach Paul Bryant

Alabama is 2- and 3-deep all over the place with full grown, meaner-than-he!! men. It's almost not fair making college kids play against them. Any Saban-coached team is going to be deep as he!! with recruits that have elite size, strength and experience at their position and they are going to play with incredible physicality.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Just give me 15-0.

Sent from my iPad

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GP for Bama View Post
    If 10 win seasons were easy to get... well everybody would be winning 10.... just saying.
    There's a difference between "easy to get" and "impressive."

Boise State had seven straight ten-win seasons.
    During that same time frame, Florida had a total of four.

Anyone think that this makes Boise State more impressive than Florida?

I'm in no way knocking it, I'm saying "context." TWELVE, which it appears we will get, is another ballgame entirely. ELEVEN is even substantially better than ten, although it's only one game.

That 2010 will always leave a belated bitter aftertaste in that we should have taken care of business by beating Auburn.
    "And if I die in Raleigh - at least I will die free"

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Tuscaloosa underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the REC."

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    There's a difference between "easy to get" and "impressive."

Boise State had seven straight ten-win seasons.
    During that same time frame, Florida had a total of four.

Anyone think that this makes Boise State more impressive than Florida?

I'm in no way knocking it, I'm saying "context." TWELVE, which it appears we will get, is another ballgame entirely. ELEVEN is even substantially better than ten, although it's only one game.

That 2010 will always leave a belated bitter aftertaste in that we should have taken care of business by beating Auburn.
    I really didnít feel like South Carolina or LSU was better either. The fact that Alabama didnít repeat that year still blows my mind.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar

Today the streak of 10 win seasons continues to grow

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    Not to be the contrarian but ten-win seasons meant A LOT back when you only played 10 or 11 games.

With 12 regular season and a bowl, every SEC team get a minimum of THIRTEEN games.

I just don't think losing nearly 1/3 of your games (in those instances) is worth talking about in football (MLB, yes).

However, 12-win seasons are something else, particularly since to do that you have to win enough important ones to play extra ones.

The NFL has gotten hung up on "thousand yard rushers" for years. That meant something in a 10-game schedule. I don't consider averaging 62.5 yards per game rushing in an era with weeks off to be a boastworthy accomplishment, either.
    I agree with the NFL part for 1000 yard rushing. However even in 16 game seasons, I still consider it impressive to be a perennial 10 win franchise because of how hard it is.

I canít believe a team like Auburn canít get back to back 10 win seasons. I know theyíve done it once but they have had good enough teams to get it done. Compared to the other SEC teams, Alabama has made it look easy.

I can recall when they made it such a big deal of Nebraska having more 9-win season than anyone else. Nebraska has 52 and Bama has 51. Tom Osborne won 9+ in his 25 years. From 1969-2001 they won 9+ win seasons.

Alabama leads as of this week with 39 10+ win seasons and Oklahoma has 38 so far. That is subject to change when they win once more.

Oklahoma leads all time in 11+ wins so far with 24 to Alabamaís 21. Both of which will change because they will both keep winning.

Alabama leads all time with 12+ wins with a total of 11 so far compared to Oklahoma being the closest with 7. USC has 6.

Alabama leads with all time with 13+ wins with a total of 6 with Nebraska and Florida tied at 3.

Alabama also leads with 14+ wins with a total of 3 so far. Clemson and Ohio State both have 2. Florida State, Auburn, and Minnesota have 1.

It will be truly special if Alabama can win 15 games this season.
    Last edited by BamaJama17; November 11th, 2018 at 11:25 PM.