Today the streak of 10 win seasons continues to grow

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
This will be the 11th season in a row with 10 plus wins, now that is one heck of a streak. That is what we like to call consistency. There is a reason this program is considered one of the best of all time. I always hoped Nick would be great for Bama, but 5 titles in last 9 years, soon to be 11 straight 10 win seasons, I mean really, did any of us dream it would be this great? Enjoy the ride guys and gals, this is truly an EPIC run.

CrimsonTusk

1st Team
Sep 14, 2003
Florence AL USA
This will be the 11th season in a row with 10 plus wins, now that is one heck of a streak. That is what we like to call consistency. There is a reason this program is considered one of the best of all time. I always hoped Nick would be great for Bama, but 5 titles in last 9 years, soon to be 11 straight 10 win seasons, I mean really, did any of us dream it would be this great? Enjoy the ride guys and gals, this is truly an EPIC run.
Having grown up in the Bryant era, I never thought we would be that great again. Bama football has been blessed beyond measure.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
If we win out, or should I say when we win out, the record books will be doing a lot of rewriting hehe

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
To answer your question, no, I never thought we could be this good. I never thought anyone could be this good for this long. I guess FSU had a long run of greatness, but didn't have the titles to go with it. This is unprecedented.

Of course, when Coach came here I was hoping for five good years, to get us back on track. I never thought he'd be here for 12 years and longer.

rtr

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I always thought our time under Coach Bryant would be about as good as any program could ever hope for. This run under Coach Saban, however, is unprecedented in all of college football history. It's even more remarkable considering how many teams now are so competitive on the P5 and even G5 level over the last 15 years. When Nick Saban came along and especially after the 2008 season, I was very happy that we would have a team that would be in the national championship conversation just most years -- much less winning titles at the pace we have. This run has far exceeded my expectations and I am confident that in my lifetime, I won't see another one like it by anyone. Yeah, I know it's football but I have to say that I am very grateful for it.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Not to be the contrarian but ten-win seasons meant A LOT back when you only played 10 or 11 games.

With 12 regular season and a bowl, every SEC team get a minimum of THIRTEEN games.

I just don't think losing nearly 1/3 of your games (in those instances) is worth talking about in football (MLB, yes).

However, 12-win seasons are something else, particularly since to do that you have to win enough important ones to play extra ones.

The NFL has gotten hung up on "thousand yard rushers" for years. That meant something in a 10-game schedule. I don't consider averaging 62.5 yards per game rushing in an era with weeks off to be a boastworthy accomplishment, either.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Not to be the contrarian but ten-win seasons meant A LOT back when you only played 10 or 11 games.

With 12 regular season and a bowl, every SEC team get a minimum of THIRTEEN games.

I just don't think losing nearly 1/3 of your games (in those instances) is worth talking about in football (MLB, yes).

However, 12-win seasons are something else, particularly since to do that you have to win enough important ones to play extra ones.

The NFL has gotten hung up on "thousand yard rushers" for years. That meant something in a 10-game schedule. I don't consider averaging 62.5 yards per game rushing in an era with weeks off to be a boastworthy accomplishment, either.
Our Worst season during this streak was 10-3 in 2010. That's not even losing 1/3 of your games it's less than 1/4 but still an anomaly of a season for us.

Other than that year we've only had 1 loss on our record heading into the postseason EVERY SINGLE SEASON.

We've finished with 1 loss or less 6 times. We've finished with 2 losses only 3 times.

Our Record from 2008 until now is 134-14..... that's a winning % of .905

Is that not impressive or worth talking about??

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Our Worst season during this streak was 10-3 in 2010. That's not even losing 1/3 of your games it's less than 1/4 but still an anomaly of a season for us.
I mis-typed as I meant 1/4, but the point still stands (though undercut).

We were 9-3 before the Cap One Bowl.

My only point is that 10 wins in a 13-game season isn't in the same universe as 10 in 10 or 11.

Other than that year we've only had 1 loss on our record heading into the postseason EVERY SINGLE SEASON.

We've finished with 1 loss or less 6 times. We've finished with 2 losses only 3 times.

Our Record from 2008 until now is 134-14..... that's a winning % of .905

Is that not impressive or worth talking about??
That we have been IMPRESSIVE, absolutely.

But if we were celebrating consecutive TEN-WIN seasons.....not what it used to be.

In our case, the fact that only ONE of those is less than 11 IS impressive. But context is king.

I wouldn't find much to celebrate if we were touting 11 straight 10-3 seasons with zero national titles. That's so.....Texas.....

Our consistency is undeniable, but winning ten games in 2008-2017 isn't as impressive as ten wins per year (theoretically speaking) in 1960-69.

It's a low bar right now. The REAL accomplishment is we EXCEEDED ten in all but one of those seasons.

The Atlanta Braves made the MLB playoffs fourteen seasons in a row. That's even less of a accomplishment now than it used to be.

A team could consistently be 10-3 and still win ten games. What sets us apart is what ELSE we've done on the ten-win thing.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
My point is that our streak IS impressive because it's not littered with 10-3 seasons. That was an aberration.

If we hypothetically finish this year 15-0 our record from 2008 until now will be 140 -14 for a winning % of .909

That is exactly the same winning% as teams going 10-1 in an 11 game season.

OUR '10-game winning streak' is every bit as impressive as teams from the 60's-80's.

CoachInWaiting

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2017
In the era of 12-15 game seasons, 10 wins may not be what it was in the 70's, but doing it 11 years in a row makes it something special. This Sr class is 50-3 with a minimum of 4 games to play.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Winning 10 plus is great.
BUT...
I'm more interested in our new streak that began by scoring on the first drive.
Forget the past, that's just history.

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
I was watching the Wake Forest - NC State game Thursday. The announcers mentioned that NC State has never had a 10 win season. I know they are not a football power, but you would think they would have at least one.

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
In two weeks it’ll be 8 straight years of 11+ wins a year.
In three weeks it will be five straight years of 12+ wins a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok who will make it 13+ ? Going once , going twice?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
If 10 win seasons were easy to get... well everybody would be winning 10.... just saying.
There's a difference between "easy to get" and "impressive."

Boise State had seven straight ten-win seasons.
During that same time frame, Florida had a total of four.

Anyone think that this makes Boise State more impressive than Florida?

I'm in no way knocking it, I'm saying "context." TWELVE, which it appears we will get, is another ballgame entirely. ELEVEN is even substantially better than ten, although it's only one game.

That 2010 will always leave a belated bitter aftertaste in that we should have taken care of business by beating Auburn.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
There's a difference between "easy to get" and "impressive."

Boise State had seven straight ten-win seasons.
During that same time frame, Florida had a total of four.

Anyone think that this makes Boise State more impressive than Florida?

I'm in no way knocking it, I'm saying "context." TWELVE, which it appears we will get, is another ballgame entirely. ELEVEN is even substantially better than ten, although it's only one game.

That 2010 will always leave a belated bitter aftertaste in that we should have taken care of business by beating Auburn.
I really didn’t feel like South Carolina or LSU was better either. The fact that Alabama didn’t repeat that year still blows my mind.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

I agree with the NFL part for 1000 yard rushing. However even in 16 game seasons, I still consider it impressive to be a perennial 10 win franchise because of how hard it is.

I can’t believe a team like Auburn can’t get back to back 10 win seasons. I know they’ve done it once but they have had good enough teams to get it done. Compared to the other SEC teams, Alabama has made it look easy.

I can recall when they made it such a big deal of Nebraska having more 9-win season than anyone else. Nebraska has 52 and Bama has 51. Tom Osborne won 9+ in his 25 years. From 1969-2001 they won 9+ win seasons.

Alabama leads as of this week with 39 10+ win seasons and Oklahoma has 38 so far. That is subject to change when they win once more.

Oklahoma leads all time in 11+ wins so far with 24 to Alabama’s 21. Both of which will change because they will both keep winning.

Alabama leads all time with 12+ wins with a total of 11 so far compared to Oklahoma being the closest with 7. USC has 6.

Alabama leads with all time with 13+ wins with a total of 6 with Nebraska and Florida tied at 3.

Alabama also leads with 14+ wins with a total of 3 so far. Clemson and Ohio State both have 2. Florida State, Auburn, and Minnesota have 1.

It will be truly special if Alabama can win 15 games this season.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.