Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama vs. MSU...

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Tua couldn’t go back in. Got hit in the front of the knee not the back where his problem was.

Deonte Brown- Turf toe. Going to be an issue moving forward.

Via CNS Presser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With Tua, I heard that he got hit hard right in the quad and it really locked up on him. Replay seemed to show he took a helmet right to the quad. Ouch.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Not according to Saban’s presser. Said he took a couple of shots to the front of the knee.

He did take some shots, but I think CNS was speaking in generalities...but the CBS sideline gal said she was told the last "injury" was a shot to the leg above the knee. Replay confirmed it. She said she was told his muscle got tight after the hit on the quad muscle.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
He did take some shots, but I think CNS was speaking in generalities...but the CBS sideline gal said she was told the last "injury" was a shot to the leg above the knee. Replay confirmed it. She said she was told his muscle got tight after the hit on the quad muscle.
I know what was said in the broadcast. CNS even went as far to say it wasn’t the back of the knee where his problem was. Go listen to the presser. Good grief.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If Bama does end up playing Clemson, Clemson's D will be even better than State's. Our o line needs to stay healthy.
No, they are not (IMO). You just played the two best defenses that you will see this season unless you play Michigan.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I know what was said in the broadcast. CNS even went as far to say it wasn’t the back of the knee where his problem was. Go listen to the presser. Good grief.
Not for nothing, but Saban has not been straight with the media about Tua for a while. I don't blame him, but you have to take that into account now when he talks about Tua.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
No, they are not (IMO). You just played the two best defenses that you will see this season unless you play Michigan.
Agree with you B1G. I think State's defense is the best we will see, mainly because of their experience and the crazy blitz schemes they run. I think we handle Clemson, but Michigan is faster and would be more to deal with.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
We played vanilla on offense. That was by design. We didn’t run one jet sweep. We didn’t run wide either. They are a good defense, but we didn’t reach very deep into the playbook.

The game was designed to get through it fast, minimize injuries and move on.

Saban played it very close to the vest.

The defensive arrival isn’t accidental. It’s all by design.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Offense was unstoppable until Deonte Brown went out. Didn’t realize how important he is.

Him being out led to State being able to blitz like they did.

Joe Moorhead and Bob Schoop should be ashamed and embarrassed with how the rest of the game went. To blitz every play and go for Tua’s knee just because you’re gong to lose is pathetic.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I don't understand the "good grief" remark...he got hit on the quad too. I'm not contradicting what your saying.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.