Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama vs. MSU...

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
What a meltdown over here...

Saban said Tua could've went back in but is okay. Said that there needs to be rules about hitting low...
Brown has a turf toe... Might not play next weekend.

I expect Tua to play 1 quarter and half before Jalen plays rest of the game to get back where he is. We are fine everyone. MSU defense is real good.. When I say real good, way better than LSU defense.
They are definitely a better defense than LSU. If they could figure out something on offense they would be a top ten team.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Offense was unstoppable until Deonte Brown went out. Didn’t realize how important he is.

Him being out led to State being able to blitz like they did.

Joe Moorhead and Bob Schoop should be ashamed and embarrassed with how the rest of the game went. To blitz every play and go for Tua’s knee just because you’re gong to lose is pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wonder if that played into the decision to go for the TD(when it obviously was not needed) at the goal line late in the game with just over a minute left to play.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Tua has to sit out next week. Get him ready for the last two games. Hopefully Jalen is ready to go. My hope is that all tonight was the quad and nothing else.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I knew that Saban would not kick a fg or anything. He was just trying to run the time out. Same thing that he did in the Tenn game.
This, and going for the score actually allows the other team have a better chance to stop a score than a FG (yeah, I know Alabama FG problems).

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Every one on here knows I have always been a critic of those who complain about officiating. I believe the officials screwed MSU on two calls in the first half, the Damien Harris fumble and the block in the back on the TD pass. Having said that, I take major exception to the last hit on the blitz of Tua. It was very clear that the DB, #9 IIRC, deliberately targeted Tua's right knee. I never blame officiating but that was a blatant attempt to injure Tua.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
But that missed fumble call!!

I normally defend Gary, but he didn’t seem to care one bit about the low hits consistently on one particular leg.

Unfortunately I don’t think it will get any better vs. Auburn and Georgia.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
As was discussed in another thread, on another day, maybe Mac would have been better prepared if, in earlier appearances, he was allowed to run the full offense, with passes etc. I think it would have helped today.
Oh, I agree with you completely. I have confidence in Mack's passing ability, but getting thrown in cold against that defense is a tall order. Just running the ball three times would have run 3 minutes off the clock and the clock was MSU's enemy at that point.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Offense was unstoppable until Deonte Brown went out. Didn’t realize how important he is.

Him being out led to State being able to blitz like they did.

Joe Moorhead and Bob Schoop should be ashamed and embarrassed with how the rest of the game went. To blitz every play and go for Tua’s knee just because you’re gong to lose is pathetic.

It started early. Tua’s first run, Simmons twisted his leg like he was trying to snap it off at his hip.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
We got plenty of good QA points out of this game. Gonna have to dust off the screen game to dull the rust since Tua's legs can't be used to the same effect right now. Gotta get the ball out of his hands quicker (receivers got to beat tight, aggressive coverage). Got to be able to run the ball better than that against a quality defense. I'd say this might be just what the doctor ordered but I tend to think healing up is really the critical thing. Even having Jalen Hurts today would've been huge when it became clear that moving the pocket was necessary.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
But that missed fumble call!!

I normally defend Gary, but he didn’t seem to care one bit about the low hits consistently on one particular leg.
I really believed that the players would be above this stuff, but both LSU and MSU tried to permanently injure your QB because they know that they cannot beat him. That is disgusting.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Doesn't the NFL has rule that a hit at the knee is a penalty?

It definitely seems this has become the "offense" for the "defenses" we are going to play.

You better believer this will be the Barn's aim, literally!
Yes, the low hits on Tua would have been penalties and have resulted in fines in the NFL.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.