Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama vs. MSU...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Any guesses as to whether or not Tua will be good to go against the barn ? I hope Jalen can go next week. Tua needs to sit against the Citadel..
LOL, but based on what we "think" he should be fine if it was just the quad muscle. Obviously his knee isn't 100% and probably won't be until/if we get to the playoff and have the month off. But unless he had an additional injury to his knee I imagine he'll be fine.

FWIW, I saw him smiling and taking pictures with someone after the game so I think he's fine.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I"m sorry, but I don't want Tua to sit out game against Citadel. I want him to do what he normally do... Put up quick scores and then call it a day. Sitting him against the game next week wouldn't do the team good. we need to have good game next week to carry the momentum. Jalen hasn't played in two weeks.. and is likely to be rusty....
He looked pretty beat up when he left the game. Hopefully he's not too injured. Hopefully Saban does what he thinks is in everyone's best interest. We need to rest people if we can next week.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I"m sorry, but I don't want Tua to sit out game against Citadel. I want him to do what he normally do... Put up quick scores and then call it a day. Sitting him against the game next week wouldn't do the team good. we need to have good game next week to carry the momentum. Jalen hasn't played in two weeks.. and is likely to be rusty....
Agree, as long as his knee isn't worse, I hope we see him during the first half AND, I hope our offense can get humming again and the Citidel should be just what the Dr. ordered for such!

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I have had student-athletes that have played football against the Citadel and the one thing they said about the Citadel was that they played as if they were trying to injure opposing players. "Dirty players," my students said. I hope that is not the case or that that has passed.

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
I’d like to see the same, get a good half in or so, keep up momentum, work on any issues, score some points, then rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Glad to see the players defend each other like that.

Noticed State’s RB wanted to have a discussion with some defenders on the second to last play of the game. Maybe he should talk to his teammates about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
It started early. Tua’s first run, Simmons twisted his leg like he was trying to snap it off at his hip.
I know people will take it as sour grapes, but I would submit this to the SEC with the caveat that since they are trying to hurt players, then we aren’t responsible for theirs.......or anything that happens to them......
Mizzou, LSU and now MSU...... be a
Shame to see their players get hurt

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I have had student-athletes that have played football against the Citadel and the one thing they said about the Citadel was that they played as if they were trying to injure opposing players. "Dirty players," my students said. I hope that is not the case or that that has passed.
They are well known for throwing cut blocks.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
This is the second week in a row that, if you just walked into the room with the picture out and only had sound, you would think we were getting our fannies whipped all over the field. Gary Danielson is like a throbbing toothache.

He's a knowledgeable guy and everything, but when we're in the heat of a game and a couple of things go wrong, listening to him rub it in really gets under my skin.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
This is the second week in a row that, if you just walked into the room with the picture out and only had sound, you would think we were getting our fannies whipped all over the field. Gary Danielson is like a throbbing toothache.

He's a knowledgeable guy and everything, but when we're in the heat of a game and a couple of things go wrong, listening to him rub it in really gets under my skin.
I know he has a tendency to "go on and on" about something, but I really think that because we are so good (and he says that alot too) that when we mess up, he's just glad he can point it out.

The guy really doesn't bother me (nor did Vern for that matter) but I know some people just don't like him.

That said, we are pretty hard on most commentators.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

I detest Danielson. So does every other Alabama fan that I know.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.