JessN: MSU wrap-up: Effect of injuries shows how tenuous Bama’s position could be

GuessJ

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 11, 2018
You may have hit the nail on the head with that video. Timeline fits perfectly,.. Jalens injury fits well,... obviously who would be assessing him fits well,.. NEED,.. being a superior 'cutting edge' technique ,... And even the shot of Jalen in the hospital and his recover thus far to present day.

Jalen original surgery day after game (IIRC),.. I remember when I saw this picture I thought wow, .. this is extensive for Plasma rich and/or Stem cell (etc) type therapy. With I.V. drip,.. Elevation/Compression etc device on his ankle etc.

But what he had done was more significant (I was unaware they even bothered with hardware like this for ankle sprains).

Original Surgery to last week references:

Anyhow: Of course we're fans, none of this is fact but pure speculation which is okay.

The point is -- Jalen was in practice today actually without that BOOT on .. actually walking without a limp.. and seemingly able to put pressure on his ankle without being in 'pain'. I think he has another week-10 days (Perhaps by Auburn, or worst case Georgia) and I think some of that is going to be getting his confidence back in that Ankle/foot. I'm sure after such a procedure you are going to "test" and be gentle,.. We're at ~ Week 3 -- Auburn is ~ 2 Weeks more healtime and Georgia ~3 Weeks more healtime. I'd say Jalen's playing days are definitely not over at Alabama.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I have attempted to understand more about the procedure performed on Jalen's high ankle sprain and the prognosis for his return to the field. In doing so I found this video from a surgeon with Dr. Andrew's in Birmingham describing their procedure and the anticipated recovery period. His discussion sounded promising for Jalen's return within a fairly short period of time.

After the short viewing period of the QB's in practice on Tuesday and seeing Jalen improved but with obvious limitations it occurs to me that he experienced a fairly severe injury. I do not have the knowledge to comment on the extent of the injury and choose not to conjecture but his recovery appears to be going more slowly that what was projected by Dr. Waldrop from the Andrew's Sports Medicine group.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.