Can we win next week with Mac playing the WHOLE game?

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Two thoughts of recent discussion:

1. Jones "might" be capable, but we just don't know until he's tested so I hope we don't have to find that out. Yet, if we did, this would be the best time for sure! However, the biggest difference I see in Jones and Tua just withe the "naked eye" is that Jones arm is not near as strong and his release/trigger is just slow compared to Tua.

2. On the Auburn game: I'd prefer we just lay into them and blow them out in the first quarter, but it'll probably resemble the Georgia/Auburn game and we'll just slowly, but surely wear them out.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I am not scared of Auburn at all. This squad lost AT HOME to Tennessee! Their offense is non existent and we have revenge on our mind. The game won't be competitive.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I think Jalen may just have a 3rd degree sprain to his ego at this point. I really may be wrong, but something tells me that he’s not going to take any unnecessary risks
I could see the unnecessary risks thing *maybe* going but dude to me has never shown any ego issues. Even if he transfers next season, he has been nothing but another great Bama man to me. I would expect him to play if his number is called without question.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I would expect him to play if his number is called without question.
At this point I think Hurts is just the emergency option. His mobility is extremely limited, and we're not talking about someone like Tom Brady here. I expect to see Tua come out and hopefully secure a large lead swiftly, and then Mac Jones might play the most minutes he has played thus far.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
At this point I think Hurts is just the emergency option. His mobility is extremely limited, and we're not talking about someone like Tom Brady here. I expect to see Tua come out and hopefully secure a large lead swiftly, and then Mac Jones might play the most minutes he has played thus far.
After the viewing period yesterday it is difficult to be optimistic about Jalen being available until post season whatever that turns out to be.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
After the viewing period yesterday it is difficult to be optimistic about Jalen being available until post season whatever that turns out to be.
I know that recovery can happen quickly once you reach a certain point, but I tend to agree.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Never an easy win, well usually not ever. This year we are at home, we are peaking on defense at perfect time, even if Tua is not full speed he is better than Stidham, and we have runners, they do not. At home we win this one by 3 TD's, all we have to do is run da bawl and tire that defense out. This is not a game we have to pass a lot. If Tua can play first half good, it is done by halftime.If not we will just pound em and play defense. Stidham gets sacked 4-7 times, they run for almost nothing. We only need to score 14-17 pts to beat this auburn team. This IB will not be like some of the past ones, we are better on D and O even without Tua we can run, they will not run on this D. Stidham is no Tua, this D shuts that O down for the most part. Being home game this year will be BIG as the runners for Bama will go off, and we will not need Tua's 3-4 TD passing game to win. They would need 3-4 TD's passing from Stidham as they will not run on us.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
That’s not it at all, at least from my perspective. I don’t resent anything as far as our record against anyone.
That is why I said "some". IMO, you are in neither category and not close to bitter but if you are near one it is "spooked".

As phenomenal as Saban has been though, the simple fact is that Auburn has had more success against him during this run than anyone else in the conference and he has yet to beat an Auburn team that is highly ranked or that has nine wins.
It is logical that AU would be the toughest out but LSU has been the most feared by the staff, players and most "discerning" fans :smile:. They were the only program able to match Bama physically from 08-15 and have played Bama much tougher overall but with one less win. AU has had the greatest run in their history the past 15 years (not in terms of overall record but in terms of nationally relevant seasons). But they have been so overshadowed by Alabama that one misses that.

He has beaten 2 top 16 AU teams in the last 4 years. The 9 win "barrier" is misleading. First of all he has beaten four 8 win AU teams in the last 9 years, each of which would have won 9 if they had been able to beat Alabama. IMO, 2 of those teams were really 10 win type teams that lost to Bama then their bowl.

And yes, I’ll admit it, we should be 9-2, not 7-4, against them during this past run.(we snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in both 2010 and 2013. 2007 and 2017 were somewhat predictable and more understandable losses to me.)
2007 is not part of this run which began in 2008. Bama should be 9-1 during this time but is 7-3 because AU had very good teams and incredibly good fortune.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Not really about win and loss. They are the team that plays us hard each year. One slipup and they can have momentum to come back in the game. That's all it takes. Look at Ole Miss-Alabama game where we had lot of bad stuff happening in that game and we lost that game... I think that was two years ago.
LSU has played Bama much tougher than AU over this run that began in 2008. They have one less win but prior to this year no regular season blowouts. AU has had 3 absolute blowouts of 28 or more and 2 more losses by more than 14 points - LSU only one in 2013 and it was not a blowout but Bama took over late and won by a very misleading 21. OM has probably played Bama better than any SEC program relative to their "station in life" - at least during Freeze's tenure. Bama has comfortably won most of its games vs bad-decent AU teams. IMO, this is a decent AU team. If things go according to the norm it should be at least a comfortable win with injuries as always a caveat. But who knows.

That OM team that I think you are referring to from 2015 was better than this AU team, had the kind of fortune that AU got in 2010 and was playing a Bama team that IMO was not nearly as good as this one. As you seem to imply, in the end anything can happen and AU is competent enough to take advantage of a Bama meltdown as unlikely as that is to occur.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I never knew so many posters had this procedure and returned so quickly to athletic dominance.

Regardless of his acumen at quarterback, Jalen's dedication to the team has never been questioned. Along the same lines is that Saban's dedication to players individually has never waned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I wonder if anyone even feels bad about accusing Hurts of basically quitting on the team? By the way, he's a long way from qualifying but if he did, Hurts would be third in passer efficiency.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Well, it is safe to say that the standing ovation and LOUD cheering for Jalen at the game speaks VOLUMES about how the Bama Nation feels about him!! Those of you who don't fit into that category--pfft. I love Jalen. He personifies a true teammate. Alabama is Blessed to have him!! Glad to see his mojo is still there!!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I wonder if anyone even feels bad about accusing Hurts of basically quitting on the team? By the way, he's a long way from qualifying but if he did, Hurts would be third in passer efficiency.
And I'm wondering if everyone who was freaking out over our QB health situation is OK today. I think the OP's thread title was a bit premature.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.