Can we win next week with Mac playing the WHOLE game?

ecraj

Scout Team
Jan 24, 2009
Florence, AL
The SEC has said nothing publically. Nothing. It has been shown that they cave to fan pressure. Maybe Bama fans need to bring some in the name of safety. Better yet.....enforce the targeting rules if it is still on the book. The 'head area' seems to be their focus. I think they are good with that. Maybe too good. But attacking knees is flat out filthy play. And yes I know .....players and staffs will do what they can to win. And do. I don't care if it is US doing it. I want serious penalties. More than what I see. Certainly more than half a game if the attack is blatant as we have seen in the last 2 games.
I was under the impression that it was illegal to hit someone low to start with.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
We watched the team load at the the Hotel. Jalen had on a walking boot, which was probably just for protection while he recovers. I believe he was fully dressed out at the game--at least in warm-ups he was.

I just get a feeling that he stays another year here after he graduates. We have no idea if Taulia will be ready to be the backup next year and Paul Tyson won't be there yet--he is just a junior. I haven't seen enough of Mac to really comment, but I feel like he will work hard to be ready to be a good backup.

I'm so sick of people, FANS of our school, making snide, ignorant remarks about Jalen leaving. He graduates in a few weeks so if he chooses to play a final year of eligibility somewhere else, that is his right and I will wish him all the best. If you can't wrap your mind around that, you have issues.

Roll Tide!

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I think Jalen may just have a 3rd degree sprain to his ego at this point. I really may be wrong, but something tells me that he’s not going to take any unnecessary risks
I think that's a ridiculous statement to make. Hurts could barely walk in warmups before the LSU game. He had surgery, he's not faking it.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I know. You'd think that we had lost the game yesterday reading some of the responses on here.
If you think that hedges on ridiculous..watch SEC channel or read the Clarion Ledger. We won a legit score of 10 points. Also...The B'ham newspaper seems to feel that way. I remember tough spots, but I also remember Jacobs and Harris running like stallions.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
I think that's a ridiculous statement to make. Hurts could barely walk in warmups before the LSU game. He had surgery, he's not faking it.
Some of the comments on here are over the top ridiculous. As an Alabama grad it's embarrassing and infuriating at the same time.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
If you think that hedges on ridiculous..watch SEC channel or read the Clarion Ledger. We won a legit score of 10 points. Also...The B'ham newspaper seems to feel that way. I remember tough spots, but I also remember Jacobs and Harris running like stallions.
That's because the media is negative and absolutely hates Alabama's program. I'm fed up of it too.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Didn't say he was faking it - it might hurt..... Just said he's likely not to put himself out at this point. He's walking fine -- according to the video I saw before the game.....he was walking across the field and didn't seem to have trouble. I realize it's not the same as football walking, running, etc. But.....

I'm a bit concerned that the quarterback that's more hurt is the one that's having to play....and the one that's not hurt as much isn't.

But perhaps "ridiculous" is a bit "ridiculous" to throw out there.....

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I knew this was going to be an entertaining thread when I clicked it.

Honestly we just need to put Jacobs in as a wildcat QB the whole game.
Actually, I'd love to see us start Jacobs as QB. Something about having him RPO-ing with one of the Harris boys is intriguing. If he could hit a slant or wheel route man that would give opposing Ds something to worry about going forward. Put Mac in for some series but Jacobs at QB would be classic.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I think it will be fun to see Mac play against Citadel. I think there will be some short fields for our offense and that we will get 300 yards rushing.

Rtr

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Didn't say he was faking it - it might hurt..... Just said he's likely not to put himself out at this point. He's walking fine -- according to the video I saw before the game.....he was walking across the field and didn't seem to have trouble. I realize it's not the same as football walking, running, etc. But.....

...I'm a bit concerned that the quarterback that's more hurt is the one that's having to play....and the one that's not hurt as much isn't.
He was in a boot before the game, he had surgery, and he barely walk only one week ago. Just because he can walk without noticeable pain does not mean he'd be anything other than a statue in the pocket.

Allow me to quote Saban from a few days ago, Hurts "did some things" in practice.
Just so we're clear here doing some things in practice does not equate to being anywhere near 100%, or being ready or able to do everything. All I've seen and heard so far indicates Hurts injury is 100% legitimate, and I'm not sure I can recall an Alabama player having surgery, being obviously in pain, and then seeing statements to the effect that it's his ego that's hurt.

Let's put it this way. Saban said Tua's knee was 100%, he said Hurts was only able to do somethings in practice. You interpret that however you wish, but your argument is basically that Saban is downplaying Tua's injury and exaggerating Hurts. That's a bit tinfoil for my taste and I really am having trouble wrapping my mind around the fact that even when he's the backup, and he had to have surgery, somehow it's still all Hurts faul. You really think Hurts burned his redshirt so he could refuse to play?

Last edited:

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
If/when Mac plays against the Citadel, I hope he runs the entire offense instead of just handing off 25 times. With Tua and Jalen's ongoing injuries, we may very well need Jones in crucial moments this year...

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
This, unfortunately. He's protecting himself for wherever he's thinking of transferring to.
Or, he’s actually hurt and not game ready. Please don’t insult this young man who has proven he’s team first and self second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
If/when Mac plays against the Citadel, I hope he runs the entire offense instead of just handing off 25 times. With Tua and Jalen's ongoing injuries, we may very well need Jones in crucial moments this year...
This x1000. This is why Mac looks so green when he comes in. We let Tua sling it last year why not Mac do the same? Not to run the score up but give the poor kid some real game reps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
So let me get this correct. Based on the poster’s comments..... we lost the game against MSU, lost Tua for few weeks and Jalen is protecting himself and decided not to play rest of the year. Because of that we should go ahead and start Mac and hope like hell that we win the next two games running wildcat.............

I am glad that some of you aren’t coaching Alabama....because that’s ridiculous!

Wakecrash

Suspended
Sep 22, 2018
Not every surgery goes as planned. Looks like his ankle is not only sore , but very stiff as well. Not down on Jalen at all.
I understand the whole purpose of the surgery was to get back quicker vs letting heal, so if the negative comments about Jalen were true he would not have had the surgery in the first place.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.