Can we win next week with Mac playing the WHOLE game?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Eh, he picked some of the more eeyore-ish stuff but folks don't understand the champion's mentality. People who want to be us assume we spend all our time drooling at highlights but the reality is we've seen the highlights in real time and we know the difference between champion and just really good. We're a critical, discerning bunch because we've seen 11 years of great football and know the difference between the 5 who were champions and the 5 who were not.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Does anyone know if the team has off today for practice? I was just curious. Sometimes Saban lets them have off on Mondays (if there is a "cupcake game"). With the way the past 2 games were physically, I bet some of the players need it.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Has anyone heard when Jalen might be back?
The way he walked off the field Saturday night, he ain't playing Saturday unless he was putting on a show. He walked very slowly and gingerly, and definitely wasn't looking like he was putting on a show like some have suggested.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Asked if he plans to bench Tua for the next game, Saban trolls the sports world:

"Why would I do that?"

;):biggrin:;)

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
We fans know so little about how to run a football program - CNS is a successful professional expert :). Even if a player tears his ACL and is out for the season, I'm happy leaving it in his hands. ACLs are torn all of the time with no physical contact, i.e., practice against air is conducive to them.

As far as peoples' motives, why not just assume the best unless there is obvious reason not to? Even then, give them the benefit of the doubt.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I saw a report it was his qyuad not knee. Hopefully just a bruise, looked like helmet hit him right in the front of his thigh. Hurts but not a killer. Still Tua should sit for citadel, we can beat them with Mac, if not we need to quit football. Our run game and defense should be able to beat them pretty easy. Our Backs need some runs, they have been to quiet this year. They need to stretch those legs for AUBS and UGA and playoff.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I saw a report it was his qyuad not knee. Hopefully just a bruise, looked like helmet hit him right in the front of his thigh. Hurts but not a killer. Still Tua should sit for citadel, we can beat them with Mac, if not we need to quit football. Our run game and defense should be able to beat them pretty easy. Our Backs need some runs, they have been to quiet this year. They need to stretch those legs for AUBS and UGA and playoff.
We need to stop whining about how Tua should sit for this week game. Saban already said no and Tua will play. Honestly.... I'm not in favor for Tua to sit. As a coach and player, every game matters to them, while to fans, some games matter to them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MikeD

Suspended
Feb 24, 2007
I have never liked our two week prep for the auburn game. I know Saban is trying to make the point that we take all games seriously but I believe we have pushed too hard on the game before the game.

One year, to make a point, Saban even Kept the first team in awhile to make a point . It seems we always key a key player or two hurt before auburn. We really push the team to stay focused.

Then, we play right against auburn and auburn let’s it all hang out and have fun. Last year, on the opening drive, we crossed mid- field and had a fourth down and a foot but punted. I thought that set the tone for the game.

Even Jess has mentioned something needs to change becUse the results have been iffy at best. Unless it’s a really bad auburn team, we struggle to win.

I would play the second string as much as possible and not play Tua at all. We have nothing to gain or prove this game and everything to lose. Our goal should be 100% focused on aurburn. I can tell you know auburn will have their best game of the season. Combine that with another iffy performance by Bama and who knows.

Not sure what the answer is but for the last 10 years we have really struggled against auburn.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.