Citadel Wishbone

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
The Citadel is a unique school in Charleston. I visited when I was in high school. Neat campus and city. They will be very disciplined and tough being a military school. Like the Naval academy.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Well the 2011 Georgia Southern team finished 11-3 and this Citadel team is 4-5. As long as the defense doesn’t screw around I don’t see to many long runs given up.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Hey SC, nice first post. I haven’t seen where any of our members have called The Citadel a “dirty” team. I saw where they referenced another team that made those comments. You have to understand that our last two opponents have tried purposely to take out the best QB we’ve had in 50 years so we’re on edge. With triple option teams from the FCS knees become bullseyes because they cannot physically play with SEC linemen. Most fear Tua being injured but I’m far more worried for our DL and LBs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Matters little if the Cut Block is considered to be legal, It always seems to take out larger players knees.
I'M NO FAN OF CUT BLOCKS.
Considering the majority of blocks will be within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage...
A cut block is still a cut block. Blown out knees are blown out knees.

Sc dog

Suspended
Oct 28, 2018
Hey SC, nice first post. I haven’t seen where any of our members have called The Citadel a “dirty” team. I saw where they referenced another team that made those comments. You have to understand that our last two opponents have tried purposely to take out the best QB we’ve had in 50 years so we’re on edge. With triple option teams from the FCS knees become bullseyes because they cannot physically play with SEC linemen. Most fear Tua being injured but I’m far more worried for our DL and LBs.

Someone referenced our dirty play under the thread about not starting tuo. Yes cut blocks are part of our offense on every play however, we use this scheme no matter who we play regardless of size /talent gap. We normally
play one D2 school a year where we are much bigger and faster much like this game and we will block those guys the same as your guys. It is all about technique and I think your future nfl DL will not have any issues with our guys who we be outmanned by an average of about 75 pounds and 4-6 inches. Keep in mind our QB has 8 quarters of experience playing at the college level and our starting slotback is out as well.

You will be fine but why would sabam even consider playing any guys that are banged up. He could play just the freshmen class and win by 40 plus.

Our punter is more than likely the only player that will stand out this Saturday and he is only a freshmen. He can boom it but gets plenty of practice!

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
Our punter is more than likely the only player that will stand out this Saturday and he is only a freshmen. He can boom it but gets plenty of practice!
Wonder when he'll be eligible to do a transfer? With the current state of of college football transfers maybe we can get him to make the move at halftime.

Sc dog

Suspended
Oct 28, 2018
Fun fact for you guys—-
The last player (and maybe only) transfer from the citadel to the tide was Rudy Grifffin who I recall being all SEC DL for you guys. He more than likely had trouble conforming to cadet life like many players do.

He was recruited to the citadel by ex bama defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson who is a Citadel grad. Another successful citadel grad who worked for you guys is lance
Thompson.

Maybe our punter will have a bad day so we can keep him in Charleston !

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Welcome to TF...We need more visiting fans like you!
Fun fact for you guys—-
The last player (and maybe only) transfer from the citadel to the tide was Rudy Grifffin who I recall being all SEC DL for you guys. He more than likely had trouble conforming to cadet life like many players do.

He was recruited to the citadel by ex bama defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson who is a Citadel grad. Another successful citadel grad who worked for you guys is lance
Thompson.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009
Fun fact for you guys—-

Thompson.

I was recruited by the Citadel in high school and went to a football camp before my senior season in Charleston. The military lifestyle wasn't my cup of tea but I absolutely loved Charleston. Hot as heck in the summer though. Good luck this week and enjoy Tuscaloosa !

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I’m wondering why Bama even scheduled a triple option team. I guess it’s good for experience on defense, but there’s also more risk for injury to D line with the chop blocks. We do not need any players injured on defense. Games like this concern me due to injuries.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn

AND the last 3 SEC teams have played to infict injury. Missouri certainly did the same EVEN after the whistle. Getting to be a gang of 'Dirtyradoes'. Best Conference? Most disregarding of fairplay or rules observance maybe.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I was recruited by the Citadel in high school and went to a football camp before my senior season in Charleston. The military lifestyle wasn't my cup of tea but I absolutely loved Charleston. Hot as heck in the summer though. Good luck this week and enjoy Tuscaloosa !
I loved Charleston too when I lived there, but it reminds me of Nashville with a beach now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.