Citadel Wishbone

Sc dog

Suspended
Oct 28, 2018
I’m wondering why Bama even scheduled a triple option team. I guess it’s good for experience on defense, but there’s also more risk for injury to D line with the chop blocks. We do not need any players injured on defense. Games like this concern me due to injuries.
We are the ones who should be concerned about injury . Your guys are giants compared to our kids ... Clemson sustained zero injuries last year against us, don’t overthink it .

As far as scheduling option teams that should be of some concern if not for the huge talent size gap bama has. Usc will no longer play us. This is not due to injuring anything other than their pride having won 2 of the last 3 against them.

Remember you guys have all 4/5 star players and most of our guys don’t have any stars. Our starting Vback ( fullback ) was a walk on . His dad is current Louisville head coach’s son.They just chose the road less traveled to help prepare them for life and use football as a means to pay for the great education they receive.

A school like ours with about a 15 million athletic budget depends on games like this to help pay the bills .

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
We are the ones who should be concerned about injury . Your guys are giants compared to our kids ... Clemson sustained zero injuries last year against us, don’t overthink it .

As far as scheduling option teams that should be of some concern if not for the huge talent size gap bama has. Usc will no longer play us. This is not due to injuring anything other than their pride having won 2 of the last 3 against them.

Remember you guys have all 4/5 star players and most of our guys don’t have any stars. Our starting Vback ( fullback ) was a walk on . His dad is current Louisville head coach’s son.They just chose the road less traveled to help prepare them for life and use football as a means to pay for the great education they receive.

A school like ours with about a 15 million athletic budget depends on games like this to help pay the bills .
no one would be concerned here normally , but most of us would like to continue the run we currently have going into January for the big enchilada. We also hope Citadel comes out injury free. I used to watch Citadel play ball when I lived there. Many years ago! But again...we are not sure who will line up to play, but it not at all likely that Bama will keep Tua on the field long. The risk is great for further injury.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Beautiful, historic city. I'd love to visit again if given the opportunity.
Ya'll come on down...along with the thousands of others moving to this area every year. Supposed 34 people a day move here...that's close to 12,000 per year. But then, I can't complain...I just moved here in March myself -- albeit to be near grandchildren, etc.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Beautiful, historic city. I'd love to visit again if given the opportunity.
It was really great back then. Not the tourist destination of today. Still a great town. Kinda like St Augustine but harder to find a parking place. Don't find many Charleston originals around town now. Everyone is from out of state pretty much. I was military, so that explains my presence there. But Charleston was always a little different kind of town. When I left there..I was depressed. Glad people like it..but I was there in different economic times. 87% of all income earned was military related. Civilians included. You could fish most anywhere then.

Last edited:

BearFan

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 26, 2016
Tulsa, OK
I hope we never play another 2nd tier wishbone team the week before Auburn. It adds nothing to our prep. We need to be playing a spread team resembling Auburn’s offense. I can’t believe Coach Saban scheduled this team. Did they change their offense to wishbone after it was scheduled?

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I hope we never play another 2nd tier wishbone team the week before Auburn. It adds nothing to our prep. We need to be playing a spread team resembling Auburn’s offense. I can’t believe Coach Saban scheduled this team. Did they change their offense to wishbone after it was scheduled?
I know they had the triple option at least 4 years ago, maybe more. Not sure when the game was scheduled but it seems it would have been scheduled in the past 2 or 3 years. I hope we never play a triple option again...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I know they had the triple option at least 4 years ago, maybe more. Not sure when the game was scheduled but it seems it would have been scheduled in the past 2 or 3 years. I hope we never play a triple option again...
Looks like they went to this offense with this head coach in the 2016 season (the first season with their current head coach). You scheduled them in May of 2016. So it seems that Saban was correct.

Sc dog

Suspended
Oct 28, 2018
Re: CItadel Wishbone

How did that 3rd string most of the game work out ??... FYI our TB who ran for 130 and 2 Td is our 3rd string tb. Ironic !

cmmiller711

All-American
Nov 24, 2006
Birmingham, AL

How did that 3rd string most of the game work out ??... FYI our TB who ran for 130 and 2 Td is our 3rd string tb. Ironic !
be careful with the gloating bud. that'll get ya banned. it is kinda strange to lose by 33 and come and gloat on a message board tho. makes me appreciate where we are in the world. so thanks? i guess?

Run along now and cash your check and revel in that time you almost kept bamas 3rd string qb out of the game. We'll go back to forgetting your school has a football program.

Last edited:

TUSCALOOSAHONOR

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2014
Slocomb, Al
www.facebook.com
I don't understand their logic. Saw where they were celebrating getting beat 50-17. Who celebrates a 4-6 record and a 33 point loss??? Not only that Saban let off in the 4th or it could have been worse. Furthermore 2 missed assignments were the cause of 12 of their points. Not sure I'd be bragging.

With us, sure Bama beat the Citadel 50-17, but we are like Saban in that we want better from our players. The player who missed those two assignments is a freshman. Im sure that he played against similar offenses in high school (and rec league). Hopefully he learned from his mistakes and this game.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

You want to throw shade after getting stomped by 33 points????
Y’all are some really special folks. Hope losing like that in life and bragging about it works for you...SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Seriously, Alabama's third string would dominate you guys if they took about 2 weeks to prepare for the game. You sound like a fool pounding your chest after a 33 point loss.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I just checked and beating the Citadel just killed Bama's strength of schedule. Bama went from 37th to 61st. Ugh.
I reckon playing the Barn will help a bit and then playing UGA will help a lot.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Line was 50 plus, we were tied at the half and had more yards and points than most sec schools.
Dude, you are 4-7, losing to really bad teams every week. But congratulations. :rolleyes:

Lovthablues

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 18, 2018
Alexandria, Al

Quote ….."Last year Clemson had a week to prepare as well and beat us 63-3. You guys were very unprepared, but we appreciate the free
national exposure and making us the #1 topic on twitter at the half."
…. As much as it hurts, this is true! I hated to see the commentators and "so called" analysists making excuses for Alabama having trouble with this team! Truth is Bama was mentally unprepared! We played with very little emotion... lot of guys standing around! The Citadel is a bad football team, other teams on their schedule didn't seem to have much of a problem stopping or scoring on them! I just hope we see a prepared Bama team Saturday!

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Line was 50 plus, we were tied at the half and had more yards and points than most sec schools. Your starters played 3 full quarters.

Last year clemson had a week to prepare as well and beat us 63-3. You guys were very unprepared, but we appreciate the free
national exposure and making us the #1 topic on twitter at the half.

Does your team always run into the locker room and not even shake hands when they have had bad day?
Acceptable behavior when playing against a dirty team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland

Line was 50 plus, we were tied at the half and had more yards and points than most sec schools. Your starters played 3 full quarters.

Last year clemson had a week to prepare as well and beat us 63-3. You guys were very unprepared, but we appreciate the free
national exposure and making us the #1 topic on twitter at the half.

Does your team always run into the locker room and not even shake hands when they have had bad day?
Clemson fan in disguise ALERT, Clemson fan in disguise ALERT.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Feel free to carry on the discussion without the troll.

Opposing fans - we love hosting you here, but you must always remember you are a guest in our house; be respectful and leave the smack at the door.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.