Citadel Wishbone

BearFan

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 26, 2016
Tulsa, OK
Saban mentioned after the game that we next play Citadel’s wishbone offense. The last time I recall we played a wishbone was against Georgia Southern, and our poor defensive performance in that game lead to Saban’s comment about “ (poop) thru a goose”. I especially don’t like having to do a prep that is so totally different from Auburn’s offense. Anyone know if CItadel is any good with their version of the wishbone?

Last edited by a moderator:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Re: CItadel Wishbone

4-5 fcs team

Odd choice of an opponent. Let’s hope we keep this focused on the 3rd strings most of the game

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

This game is not about stats or scores - it is about resting, recovering, and getting out with the W and no injuries.

From here out only one thing matters - win. By 1 point or 100 points - just win.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

This game is not about stats or scores - it is about resting, recovering, and getting out with the W and no injuries.

From here out only one thing matters - win. By 1 point or 100 points - just win.
Agree 110%. Just win. Time for strategy regarding who to play where and when. Particularly interested in the O line. Time for some quality depth to step up. Against the barn and UGA, not at all sure Lester`s the answer unfortunately. Young man`s been a warrior. Like Jess suggested, Josh Casher? If the staff feels that Cotton isn`t the answer, I hope they go ahead and commit to running someone else with the 1`s for the next two weeks.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

Their defense isn't anything to write home about..............if the Offense pours it on, then the 2s and 3s should get a lot of reps...........watch the cut blocks though

Last edited:

BearFan

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 26, 2016
Tulsa, OK
Was not trying to be profane, but I believe the quote of Saban is completely accurate. Am I assume Beetle Bailey type characterizations of vulgarities are also not permitted?

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Was not trying to be profane, but I believe the quote of Saban is completely accurate. Am I assume Beetle Bailey type characterizations of vulgarities are also not permitted?
Please read the board rules in the FAQ section and the thread begun by bayoutider on profanity. This is not new and after being here nearly three years should not be a surprise to you. Also, next time please ask this type of question in a private message per board rules.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I was at the Georgia Southern game and I could almost promise you that we did not practice for them. Just run to the ball and tackle it. That is about all you can do.

Rtr

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Saban mentioned after the game that we next play Citadel’s wishbone offense. The last time I recall we played a wishbone was against Georgia Southern, and our poor defensive performance in that game lead to Saban’s comment about “ (poop) thru a goose”. I especially don’t like having to do a prep that is so totally different from Auburn’s offense. Anyone know if CItadel is any good with their version of the wishbone?
The good thing is the new defense was built to stop running Qb's, the old one was bigger and slower. I doubt we have much trouble stopping them. This defense is faster than the older ones, we cover sideline to sideline as well as any defense. Running is not advised on this defense. We could see a third straight shut out. Which is good as I do not see us scoring a ton until Tua is 100%, hope he sits this game out. Mac can run this offense and win against Citadel.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017

Amen we are solid #1 all we need now is to win in any fashion it takes. This is gut check time for our team, show you can win even whenour best weapon is not at full speed or even if he does not play. Old school bama time run and play defense.

BearFan

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 26, 2016
Tulsa, OK
The good thing is the new defense was built to stop running Qb's, the old one was bigger and slower. I doubt we have much trouble stopping them. This defense is faster than the older ones, we cover sideline to sideline as well as any defense. Running is not advised on this defense. We could see a third straight shut out. Which is good as I do not see us scoring a ton until Tua is 100%, hope he sits this game out. Mac can run this offense and win against Citadel.
Excellent point. Thanks.

Sc dog

Suspended
Oct 28, 2018
I have read on several post that we play dirty. I can assure you our kids will be the highest character kids the tide plays against all year. Our players are still true student /athletes who have a daily regime that would shock most other college students. Many are majoring in
Engineering and many will be officers in their chosen branch upon graduation . We suspended 5 starters last week for playing cards in the hotel when the missed bed checks at 11pm. They lost track of time and were in the lobby.

With that being said we do run the triple option and that does involve cut blocks which are very legal within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. We are 4-5 but very well could be 8-1 and have lost 4 games by just a few plays each game. We have very little chance to move the ball due to the size /speed difference on both sides of the ball. We
have 1-2 guys who can play at the next level and we will be starting our 2nd string QB who
has 2 collegiate games of experience at this position .Our guys will give 100 percent effort on every play but it will not matter in the end but we will take the cash and enjoy the atmosphere. We normally play in front of 5-12k fans every Saturday , but are used to playing in front of 85k once a year at Usc,
Clemson ,unc and FSU the past 4 years . This is the largest stadium. We have ever played in.

Sc dog

Suspended
Oct 28, 2018
I have read on several post that we play dirty. I can assure you our kids will be the highest character kids the tide plays against all year. Our players are still true student /athletes who have a daily regime that would shock most other college students. Many are majoring in
Engineering and many will be officers in their chosen branch upon graduation . We suspended 5 starters last week for playing cards in the hotel when the missed bed checks at 11pm. They lost track of time and were in the lobby.

With that being said we do run the triple option and that does involve cut blocks which are very legal within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. We are 4-5 but very well could be 8-1 and have lost 4 games by just a few plays each game. We have very little chance to move the ball due to the size /speed difference on both sides of the ball. We
have 1-2 guys who can play at the next level and we will be starting our 2nd string QB who
has 2 collegiate games of experience at this position .Our guys will give 100 percent effort on every play but it will not matter in the end but we will take the cash and enjoy the atmosphere. We normally play in front of 5-12k fans every Saturday , but are used to playing in front of 85k once a year at Usc,
Clemson ,unc and FSU the past 4 years .

Sc dog

Suspended
Oct 28, 2018

Clemson ,unc and FSU the past 4 years .
This is a quick look at our offense ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXnSl3nFlZI

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.