Veterans Day 2018

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I had three uncles that served in WWII. My father received a deferment due to having an important production position Tennessee Coal and Iron. He was also 35 at the time.

My dad said the only times he ever saw his father cry was when his youngest brother, then nineteen, headed for basic with the Navy and when he returned at war’s end.

Thank you to all of those whose commitment and dedication has kept and continues to keep our nation safe and free.

Last edited:

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Thanks to all who've served and are currently serving ... true heroes

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I want to thank Veterans of all branches of our military.
We should always remember them.
'SOME GAVE ALL' is more than a slogan. Many families lost their loved ones on foreign soil.
I want to thank all the current members of the U.S. Military for their service.
Lost an uncle in Korea, still hoping to get his remains back so we can reunite him with the family. There is always hope. Happy Veterans day to all who served and all who waited at home while they served. Please remember the families of those serving, they make major sacrifices for us all also. To the vets and their families, a debt we can never pay in full.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Thanks to all of the veterans that have served this country. We owe our freedom to you. Dad, Father-in-Law, and Uncle were all Navy men, as was my older brother. All but my Uncle have passed on, but they were all proud of their service. Thanks again to everyone that has put it on the line for this country. Krymsonman

southernoutlaw

Mar 26, 2018
Vietnam 1970-72. 23 months 17 days. Door gunner on a huey. I want to give a heart felt thank you to all those who served combat or not. Many of us spend a life time trying to forget, and forgive ourselves. So many come back broken physically, emotionally, and mentally. I had three guys that I served with while in Nam. We were all from the southeast, became friends, and remained so for years. Really we were brothers with a tie few can understand. Now, I'm the only one left. Two died from direct causes of the war. Agent orange, and a suicide. One in a freak motorcycle accident. I'll be 68 soon, and while I'm not in any hurry to leave this earth I will look forward to the time we can fire up some old Hogs and take another ride together.

Last edited:

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Vietnam 1970-72. 23 months 17 days. Door gunner on a huey. I want to give a heart felt thank you to all those who served combat or not. Many of us spend a life time trying to forget, and forgive ourselves. So many come back broken physically, emotionally, and mentally. I had three guys that I served with while in Nam. We were all from the southeast, became friends, and remained so for years. Really we were brothers with a tie few can understand. Now, I'm the only one left. Two died from direct causes of the war. Agent orange, and a suicide. One in a freak motorcycle accident. I'll be 68 soon, and while I'm not in any hurry to leave this earth I will look forward to the time we can fire up some old Hogs and take another ride together.
What was your troops name/number if you don't mind my asking. One in a million chance, but worth a shot....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.